Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One Little Ray Of Sunshine On A Shitty Day

The Skins got blasted.

TO broke his stinky finger, and is out a few weeks.

The Phillies won again, and Howard hit another Bomb.

It's almost 2am, and I can't sleep, I wish I could choke M Lewis right about now. I'm still stunned that a dominating D blew a 17 point lead on a few ghastly plays. And this folks is why we still need a running game, for all those doubters that a short passing game = a running game. IT DOESN'T.
    Redskins Suck Ass

Where was Buckhalter and Moats in the 4th Quarter? Westbrook has no vision in the backfield. Buckhalter and to a lesser extend Moats have the ability to read the blocks and make cutbacks when the whole defense knows the run is coming.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Re: One Little Ray Of Sunshine On A Shitty Day

Originally posted by nc
      The Skins got blasted.

TO broke his stinky finger, and is out a few weeks.

The Phillies won again, and Howard hit another Bomb.

It's almost 2am, and I can't sleep, I wish I could choke M Lewis right about now. I'm still stunned that a dominating D blew a 17 point lead on a few ghastly plays. And this folks is why we still need a running game, for all those doubters that a short passing game = a running game. IT DOESN'T.
      i duno how much i can blame the d - yes they gave up 17 pts in the 4th and couldnt stop anything in overtime...
      but how much time did they have on the field in the 4th?

eagles 4th q drives:

Philadelphia Eagles at 13:40
      1-10-PHI20 (13:40) D.McNabb pass right to T.Tapeh pushed ob at PHI 21 for 1 yard (C.Emmons).
      2-9-PHI21 (13:12) B.Westbrook left end to PHI 21 for no gain (F.Robbins).
      3-9-PHI21 (12:36) D.McNabb sacked at PHI 15 for -6 yards (O.Umenyiora).
      4-15-PHI15 (12:06) D.Johnson punts 40 yards to NYG 45, Center-M.Bartrum. R.McQuarters to PHI 49 for 6 yards

Philadelphia Eagles at 10:25
      1-10-NYG47 (10:25) D.McNabb pass incomplete left to D.Stallworth.
      2-10-NYG47 (10:20) B.Westbrook left end to NYG 40 for 7 yards (C.Emmons).
      3-3-NYG40 (9:37) B.Westbrook left end to NYG 38 for 2 yards (A.Pierce).
      4-1-NYG38 (8:49) C.Buckhalter up the middle to NYG 38 for no gain (G.Wilson).

Philadelphia Eagles at 06:08
      1-10-PHI17 (6:0 D.McNabb pass incomplete right to R.Brown.
      2-10-PHI17 (6:03) D.McNabb pass left to M.Schobel to PHI 28 for 11 yards (A.Pierce).
      1-10-PHI28 (6:03) PENALTY on PHI-D.McNabb, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 28 - No Play.
      1-15-PHI23 (5:01) B.Westbrook left end to PHI 32 for 9 yards (C.Emmons).
      2-6-PHI32 (4:22) B.Westbrook right tackle to PHI 34 for 2 yards (G.Wilson). FUMBLES (G.Wilson), touched at PHI 34, RECOVERED by NYG-W.Demps at PHI 33.

Philadelphia Eagles at 03:22
      1-10-PHI22 (3:22) B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 22 for no gain (G.Wilson).
      2-10-PHI22 (3:17) D.McNabb scrambles left end to PHI 25 for 3 yards (F.Robbins).
      3-7-PHI25 (3:05) D.McNabb pass middle to G.Lewis to PHI 38 for 13 yards (R.McQuarters).
      1-10-PHI38 (2:1 B.Westbrook left tackle to PHI 38 for no gain (A.Pierce).
      2-10-PHI38 (2:00) B.Westbrook up the middle to PHI 36 for -2 yards (A.Pierce).
      3-12-PHI36 (1:56) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass left to T.Tapeh to PHI 44 for 8 yards (S.Madison).
      4-4-PHI44 (1:05) D.Johnson punts 56 yards to end zone, Center-M.Bartrum, Touchback.

---

and ot, don't forget ot

Philadelphia Eagles at 11:04
      1-10-PHI44 (11:04) D.McNabb pass incomplete left to D.Stallworth (S.Madison) [M.Strahan].
      2-10-PHI44 (10:59) D.McNabb pass right to L.Smith to PHI 41 for -3 yards (W.Demps).
      3-13-PHI41 (10:21) (Shotgun) D.McNabb pass incomplete to L.Smith [M.Kiwanuka].
      4-13-PHI41 (10:12) D.Johnson punts 48 yards to NYG 11, Center-M.Bartrum. C.Morton ran ob at NYG 20 for 9 yards (R.Moats).
      PENALTY on PHI, Ineligible Downfield Kick, 5 yards, enforced at PHI 41 - No Play.
      4-18-PHI36 (10:02) D.Johnson punts 49 yards to NYG 15, Center-M.Bartrum, fair catch by C.Morton.
      Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Gints WR's were open all day. They got burned 3 times over the top, and you just can't let WR's run right past you. Especially with Shockey being hurt. and their down. The Eagles pass rush was great, but the coverage sucked. When you give you almost 400 yards thru the air it'd pretty clear you got torched, and didn't cover anyone.
        Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Bucky didn't impress me on the ground yesterday at all. Had one nice play on a reception in space, I believe, but just stunk hitting the line yesterday.

And on that fourth and 1, wouldn't that have been a dandy time to use our big OLman at the FB position? Taylormade (tm) for that situation. Although I would have accepted a QB sneak as well.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Reid's been using that 3d/4th down play forever, and I assumed it would go the way of the Dodo. Another reason why we're not fine there. I was really expecting a QB sneak to tell the truth.
            Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

I need to get this out.....

I am having a hard time even talking about this bullshit loss. I was at my Godson's Christening yesterday and was only able to watch the 2nd half and over time. My wife's Uncle is a Deacon and he was there with us so I couldn't even get pissed off! I just internalized the whole thing and wanted to kill someone - namely by brother-in-law!! He's usually a good guy who happens to live in DC and really isn't much of a football fan. He does however think it's great fun to tell me how great the skins are and how bad the Eagles are going to be each year. He does it as a joke always pointing out that he's not serious and doesn't know anything about the game. Usually it doesn't bother me - yesterday he almost died!!

After watching that fiasco yesterday I now have some serious doubts about the teams mental state. These doubts are not going to go away in a week or two with blow outs against the Niners and Brett Fah-ver. It's going to take the entire season to erase what I saw yesterday. I gave Andy and the team credit for getting fired up for this season - instilling a sense of pride in a team that has something to prove after going 6-10.

I saw that same confident team yesterday that I saw in Houston. But then something changed and they stopped playing at the end of the third quarter. I watched a team that believed they had proven their point with a 17 point lead at home against a good Giants team. I watched the Eagles go from angry to satisfied and ready to walk off the field in a very short period of time. They became a team that was ripe for a late game ass kicking -- and apparently the Giants saw it too. This is the same bullshit I saw in them early last year - too much believing the hype and losing the hunger.

This team doesn't have the killer instinct at this point - which scares the hell out of me. After a 6-10 humiliation season last year they should be breathing fire and looking to beat up on the Giants when they had them down. They should be reliving the 2 loses to them and kicking them in the teeth when they're down. Instead the Eagles got giddy at what they had done in the first 3/4's of the game and decided to wait it out and go home. That's not going to bring a championship to this town. That's not going to quiet the critics, and fire up the fans. That's going to continue the nice run-disappointing finish that we've seen year after year.

It's only the 2nd week of the season so anything can happen. What needs to happen is for them to relive the pain, humilation and anger from last year - each and every week. They need to play for 60 minutes - (remember that Mr. Runyan? Maybe you should be reminding your teammates about it next time instead of the opposing LBers!!!!) They need to get hungry and angry and be insatable. Anything less and we'll be looking at another disappointment.
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Killer Instinct is how you open a second half with a brutalizing TD drive and then sack the opposing QB all over the field for the ensuing 2 drives. They simply got caught in a really bizarre series of plays and were unable to react in time when maybe ONE extra play made on any of our offensive or defensive drives would have crushed the rally.

Did the Patriots lack killer instict for letting the Jets come back on them yesterday? Shit happens. I absolutely HATE having it happen at the hands of Eli fucking Manning and that sulky 7 foot jump baller who shows up early in the season, but I'd rather learn this lesson now and absolutely punish Dallas in 2 weeks en route to getting healthy on D.

Comment

Originally posted by 2nd and Arch
                  Did the Patriots lack killer instict for letting the Jets come back on them yesterday? Shit happens. I absolutely HATE having it happen at the hands of Eli fucking Manning and that sulky 7 foot jump baller who shows up early in the season, but I'd rather learn this lesson now and absolutely punish Dallas in 2 weeks en route to getting healthy on D.
                  I nominate this as quote of the week..........
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
                    Bucky didn't impress me on the ground yesterday at all. Had one nice play on a reception in space, I believe, but just stunk hitting the line yesterday.

And on that fourth and 1, wouldn't that have been a dandy time to use our big OLman at the FB position? Taylormade (tm) for that situation. Although I would have accepted a QB sneak as well.
                    Fresh, great idea on bringing in the Olineman ( forget his name ) for the 4th and 1. And even better idea, is to bring him in as a decoy, and then go for a qb sneak. Probably would've worked!

Comment

Hey Jukin - I know how to you feel. it's 1000x WORSE to get shit talk from someone who doesn't follow the game like we do. Cause when they lose, it doesn't hurt them at all. It's like me talking shit about English Premiere League soccer.

I have another little of sunshine today. SF fans are already talking trash with me and it firms up my belief that WE WILL ABSOLUTELY DESTROY THE NINERS. Take the Eagles and give 21 pts.

Comment

Working...
                      X