• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos' Excited For Sixers?

Right here

Can't wait for the season

No Embiid, MCW hurt, no J-Rich

#1 pick here we come!

Not. Is the a future--maybe but I'm not betting it will all pan out.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

I do want to see what Nerlens Noel can do.

Comment

I'm very excited about the Sixers, and yes, I know they are 0-4 right now. They are struggling on the defensive side and I am a little surprised by that, I thought they would be a good defensive team this year with Noel, KJ, Mbah a Moute, etc. But at least at the start they are not rotating very well, they are not closing out 3-point shooters very well and the transition defense has been pretty bad. They looked better against Houston so I am hoping they just need more time on the floor to get better on d. But Tony Wroten has to pick up his defense.

I was expecting them to struggle on offense and they have at times, particularly in fourth quarters. But I have also seen periods where they look like they are starting to pick up the Spurs motion offense, so that's exciting. Hope to see more and more of that as the season goes on.

All four games, they've played hard, not always smart, they are clearly still learning but they are also playing teams very tough.

How can you not be excited about Nerlens Noel? He is a game-changer on defense -- how about that block on James Harden the other night? Freaking awesome. He is a gazelle out there on the court, still learning where his favorite spots are, but amazingly athletic. He played Dwight Howard to a standstill the other night, fronting him to the point that Howard got really frustrated. Has incredible hands for steals. Not a great rebounder yet, and may never be one, but the 2 rebounds against Houston should be taken in context -- he was fronting Howard to distraction all night and not in great rebounding position as a result.

K.J. McDaniels is a total STUD. Fantastic defender and rim protector. Hitting 3's to start the year -- shows he has real potential to be one of those "3 and d" wing players that are so in vogue in the NBA right now. But I think that's his floor. His ceiling is more Paul George or Dwayne Wade -- that's how good he is. He attacks the rim violently. He is the total package. Very, very excited about KJ. What a draft they had this year -- Embiid, Saric (plus all the extra from Orlando) and KJ, who is the bomb.

As for the rest of them, there are some nice pieces that are developing as complementary players when the Sixers get their core in place. Wroten may be the best dribble drive man in the NBA right now and should be a terrific off the bench scoring threat when this team gets good. Just needs to slow his game down, like Nerlens, get more experience. He is already doing that better than last year. I'm looking forward to getting MCW back and directing the offense more cleanly than Wroten, but I still like what Wroten is becoming.

Hollis Thompson, I love him, he is getting better all the time. Some of the other players have a chance to be a part of the team going forward -- Davies has come out playing surprisingly well this year. Shved is interesting. Mbah a Moute can be a useful wing defender off the bench.

I can't wait to get Embiid in here and start Dream Shaking on the low block, with Noel, KJ, MCW and Hollis rounding out the starting lineup. Saric waiting in the wings and another stud pick this year.

There is a big future ahead as long as Embiid stays healthy. Don't listen to the naysayers like Larry Brown.
        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Lucky -- if they win 25 games.

Comment

I've been watching in small doses, but this is a very athletic, hard working and unselfish group. If you keep the best of this group and add all the pieces from the next 2 drafts, there is some very real potential. Oh yeah, they still have last years #1 in the wings.
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Seems as though there are some problems with Noel & MCW. Noel is taking shots at not getting the big men the ball inside.

Overall - I'm still fully on-board with the plan. KJ McDaniels seems like a real find, they have a ton of players stashed either due to injury or overseas and they have 2nd round picks coming out their ears for even more flexibility/euro-stash.

Comment

I think Robert Covington could be a useful role player in the long-term.

Comment

Who is left ? Should be an interesting draft !
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                  X