Update on Wentz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
    Oh god no; I live in the DC area and RG3 is a me-first player. He's also damaged goods and was only good in one season of his career. In all seriousness I'd much rather have Kaepernick than RG3, and I have reservations about Kaepernick.

At least you didn't say Johnny Manziel; I would prefer RG3 over him. Of course, I'd prefer to have open-heart surgery over brain surgery too.

UMMMM Kaperstink had exactly one good season in his career, your argument is not holding water.
    Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

Sudfeld is the backup. The Eagles like him.
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Zepster View Post
        What Vick did was wrong to be sure and he paid for it in many ways including jail time and restitution before he was given a chance to play again. Kapernick shits on our flag, our servicemen, and our police not to mention the fans (At the stadium!), beside the fact that he sucks and you think that would be a good idea to sign him here? You want to see the linc empty on Sundays? Go ahead sign him. The NFL is like a turd on it's way down the bowl and comrade Goodell keeps pushing the handle down by letting these social justice assholes have a platform during work hours that cost his business money.

Oh yeah did I mention that he's a terrible qb?!
        Listen right-wing jackass, before you get your panties all bunched up and root hard for Roy Moore to win the special U.S. Senate election in Alabama, tell me exactly where I said the Eagles should sign Colin Kaepernick? Go ahead, give me the quote, I'll wait for you Zepster.

What I DID say is that Kaepernick is available. He's also had some success in the NFL and is still relatively young, unlike some of the other names mentioned. You tell me who the clearly better and likely available options are besides Kaepernick. (I personally think there are only a small number of such options, because all the good or semi-decent options are already on NFL rosters.)

By the way, three other things:

1) Tell me what your opinion of Malcolm Jenkins is. Does he shit on the U.S. flag, the police, or U.S. servicemen (many of whom have stated on the record they do not take issue with the NFL player protests)? I mean, he's protested during the U.S. national anthem too. Or is what he does OK because he plays for the Philadelphia Eagles and/or isn't a high profile player like Kaepernick? Jenkins is the Eagles' nominee for the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award this year BTW. (I'm not saying that I agree or disagree with his nomination incidentally; I'm merely saying he's the Eagles player who has been nominated.)

2) Considering you're from the Lebanon area, I'm guessing you are probably a Penn State football fan. Tell me what you think of the Penn State football program under Joe Paterno, especially considering it is, based on the reports released in summer 2016, very likely coaches associated with the program knew about Jerry Sandusky's child molesting (something worse than what either Colin Kaepernick OR Michael Vick ever did IMO) going back to at least the 1970s but apparently did nothing or at best took token action to stop it? Is the Penn State coaching staff not reporting such heinous activities to their boss (Paterno), assuming Paterno did not know about Sandusky's pedophile behaviors (and it is very possible he DID know about those behaviors, but for the sake of this argument I'll give him the benefit of the doubt), truly "Success With Honor", something Paterno preached during his tenure as Penn State's head coach?

3) It is kind of lame IMO to have as an avatar a ring that was won by a team NINE years ago. It's like you desperately want to hold on to something good that happened a long time ago because nothing good has happened in your life a lot more recently.

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
          Sudfeld is the backup. The Eagles like him.
          I'm sure the Eagles do like Sudfield, and probably for good reason too, but do you want the Eagles to have a situation like the Packers have had when Aaron Rodgers has gotten injured? They've thought having untested players as the backup QB was sufficient for a Super Bowl contender.

The Eagles clearly have to sign another quarterback, and almost definitely need to sign someone who has some legitimate NFL experience.

Comment

Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post
            Oh god no; I live in the DC area and RG3 is a me-first player. He's also damaged goods and was only good in one season of his career. In all seriousness I'd much rather have Kaepernick than RG3, and I have reservations about Kaepernick.

At least you didn't say Johnny Manziel; I would prefer RG3 over him. Of course, I'd prefer to have open-heart surgery over brain surgery too.
            Originally posted by Zepster View Post
            UMMMM Kaperstink had exactly one good season in his career, your argument is not holding water.
            Uh, you appear to be too stupid to know what the word "reservations" means, Zepster. Here's a definition for you, from Merriam-Webster.com, definition 2b - https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/reservation:

"Doubt, Misgiving"

Comment

Kapernick is much more of a problem than Vick would be. Vick at least paid the price for his crap..... Kapernick has not yet paid.

A chip please lay off the name calling and the political name calling also. You are above that.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                Kapernick is much more of a problem than Vick would be. Vick at least paid the price for his crap..... Kapernick has not yet paid.

A chip please lay off the name calling and the political name calling also. You are above that.
                No he's not, he's a typical liberal ass hat who just showed his true colors! They're all the same person. Just plain nasty, making up whatever he wants about me and then spewing his character assassination based on the Phillies ring and my geographical location. Let's see how I do.

Seeing that Chippy is from DC, most likely a worthless government worker (transportation planner, he sorts out maps in a basement) stealing a paycheck and pension, where he fits right in with the rest of the stinking pile of shit that DC is. He got his dating tips from watching Slick Willie Clinton and has a picture of Al Franken fondling Barack Obamas balls hanging over his headboard. How was that buddy?

Just so you know what an asshat is, I know how slow you govt. workers are.

From Websters.

Definition of asshat

plural asshats
                vulgar slang
                : a stupid, annoying, or detestable person : asshole
                “My boyfriend does that all the time,” she said. “Stays up all night playing Call of Duty, and then he's a grumpy asshat all day … ” —Tom Clancy and Peter Telep, Against All Enemies, 2011
                Last edited by Zepster; 12-11-2017, 03:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  What if they sign Kaepernick
                  I cheer for the Steelers then,
                  A) he's a POS
                  B) He sucks
                  C) he really sucks !!!
                  We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

How did our Hero getting hurt turn into a political conversation? Look fellas I come here for sports and sports only if we are going to turn this into a political forum I would just as soon move on. I am already extremely depressed that yet another chance to win the big game has alluded us, I don’t need to see this board go up in flames over political posts. I like Nick Foles and have faith he can play pretty good ball but he isn’t Wentz and you don’t win it all without a QB like Wentz
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Raise your hand if you thought the Birds were going to make a deep run in the playoffs this season . If more than 2-3 raise their hands , you're a liar. We are far better than anyone thought. We may have lost our starting QB, we are not going to be better with Cap, RG3 and the rest of the list of old, broken piles of crap with their huge list of problems that come with them. Foles and Sudfield know the system, you roll with them and when making a list of replacement ,third string QBs, let's start out with some coachable, intelligent , team first guys with some ability.
                      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                        Raise your hand if you thought the Birds were going to make a deep run in the playoffs this season . If more than 2-3 raise their hands , you're a liar. We are far better than anyone thought. We may have lost our starting QB, we are not going to be better with Cap, RG3 and the rest of the list of old, broken piles of crap with their huge list of problems that come with them. Foles and Sudfield know the system, you roll with them and when making a list of replacement ,third string QBs, let's start out with some coachable, intelligent , team first guys with some ability.
                        Here here. I would look for them to sign Dane Evans to the practice squad. If they sign a 3rd stringer to the active roster it’s going Mccloin.
                        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

The birds will roll with Foles and Sudfield if need be. Then they will scour the list of anyone with QB behind their name. I wouldn't be surprised to see them look to another team practice squad. The issue is whether Wentz is done for the season or if Wentz is possible to return this year.
                          To tell the truth I always liked Foles. Thought it was a mistake when they got rid of him. If we had to have a back up QB play I am okay with it being Foles. He is no Wentz but there are worse out there.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                            How did our Hero getting hurt turn into a political conversation? Look fellas I come here for sports and sports only if we are going to turn this into a political forum I would just as soon move on. I am already extremely depressed that yet another chance to win the big game has alluded us, I don’t need to see this board go up in flames over political posts. I like Nick Foles and have faith he can play pretty good ball but he isn’t Wentz and you don’t win it all without a QB like Wentz
                            I was talking football until little Chippy decided to go off. I gave it back, turning the other cheek is never something I was very good at. As far as getting depressed over the Eagles, I've gotten to the point where it has a numbing effect when their season goes down the shitter for the 57th straight year in a row. 40 of those do it you, I don't know what feeling you get when you're some of the older guys on the board that been around for all of them.

Comment

I watch the hit and was thinking at the time I hope it was a thigh bruise then it wasn't even a TD because of a BS holding call! Then the kid throws a TD pass and I am okay. But then that walk to the locker room concerned me! Oh what a wonderful win with a terrible outcome!

With that being said I do believe they have to sign another QB! Someone to back up Foles with game experience.

I am also not writing off the season! Great defense and strong running games can carry us through!

Hell those bastards up north lost Simms late in the season and won it with Hostetler!
                              Ravens won it with Dilfer! Bucs with Brad Johnson! Great defense and a great running game can overcome a lot! Now lets see Schwartz, Doug and the guys coach em up!

Comment

I have no faith in Schwartz. Our D is playing very undisciplined lately.
                                Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X