Thoughts On What We Select With the 8 Picks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thoughts On What We Select With the 8 Picks

wondering where you think we go with these picks.
    my thoughts :
    WR- 2
    CB- 1
    S- 1
    DL- 1
    OL- 1
    LB- 1
    RB- 1
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

OK, here goes...

WR-2
    CB-1
    LB-1
    RB-1
    OL-2
    DL-1

The LB pick may/may not be a traditional LB but a LB/S hybrid-type player, as that seems to be a trend in the league.

Have you considered any trade up/down scenarios, musicman? I don't know if they will, but in a trade up, assuming two picks to move up:

WR-2
    CB-1
    OL-1
    RB-1
    LB-1

Of interest to me also is how the teams navigate the post-draft UDFA scene with everything being frozen in place.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      OK, here goes...

WR-2
      CB-1
      LB-1
      RB-1
      OL-2
      DL-1

The LB pick may/may not be a traditional LB but a LB/S hybrid-type player, as that seems to be a trend in the league.

Have you considered any trade up/down scenarios, musicman? I don't know if they will, but in a trade up, assuming two picks to move up:

WR-2
      CB-1
      OL-1
      RB-1
      LB-1

Of interest to me also is how the teams navigate the post-draft UDFA scene with everything being frozen in place.
      I did think about it, but without a real clue as how far they move up and thinking that they may involve someone on the roster, I just kept the 8 picks. I really think they will make a trade, I really wouldn't be surprised to see them move up and draft one of the top offensive linemen. I just think that with their philosophy of building lines, they have to be drooling when they see Becton and Wirfs, big guys with that speed and athleticism .
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I would love to see them go WR, CB, WR, LB or S, and then whatever. Rather not see a TE or QB unless it is the only viable pick. They have the horses at TE and QB this year.
        Not sure if I have posted this before but I believe in family. I really wouldn't mind seeing them grab Runyan's son as a G and Antoine Winfield JR as a S. These guys might not have the talent of their fathers right now but they grew up around football and regularly get advice. Both are round four at the earliest and may be available in 6 or 7
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Unlike others I really think that we need a DE and MLB. To me it's always BPA within reason. I know one thing, Howie never sits still and is more likely to trade up than down. I'm sure that they have a target in the first or second round.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
            Unlike others I really think that we need a DE and MLB. To me it's always BPA within reason. I know one thing, Howie never sits still and is more likely to trade up than down. I'm sure that they have a target in the first or second round.
            I can see them going for an edge rusher type. As for MLB, it may not be the traditional type but a faster, position-versatile type (ahem, Simmons! One can dream...) . Generally, they may just go with the LB/S type for the outside.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              ….I really wouldn't mind seeing them grab Runyan's son as a G and Antoine Winfield JR as a S. These guys might not have the talent of their fathers right now but they grew up around football and regularly get advice. Both are round four at the earliest and may be available in 6 or 7
              I'd love for those guys to get drafted by the Eagles.

Comment

I can see them going for an edge rusher type. As for MLB, it may not be the traditional type but a faster, position-versatile type (ahem, Simmons! One can dream...) . Generally, they may just go with the LB/S type for the outside.

Comment

Jeremy Chinn is said to be a discount version of Simmons. Big, athletic hybrid type player. I assume the main knock on him is coming from a small school, among other things...then I found this:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...-jeremy-chinn/

Comment

Jeremy Chinn is said to be a discount version of Simmons. Big, athletic hybrid type player. I assume the main knock on him is coming from a small school, among other things...then I found this:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/202...-jeremy-chinn/
                    More good info TP. He sounds to me like he could fall farther than the article implies. Boom or bust doesn't sound like a team would gamble on in the first round anyway.

Comment

My best guess

WR -2
                      LB-2
                      G/C-1
                      DE-1
                      HB-1
                      S-1

Comment

No CBs Dawk? That would surprise me but you may be on to something
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          No CBs Dawk? That would surprise me but you may be on to something
                          I think that we should be pretty good back there this year ND with the additions Howie made. Of course there are going to be some learning pains for things to jell.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                            I think that we should be pretty good back there this year ND with the additions Howie made. Of course there are going to be some learning pains for things to jell.
                            If they nail this draft, this team could be set up for the next 5 years. I pray we aren't left scratching our heads at the end of the month

Comment

I feel like we’ve drafted Jones, Maddox, Douglas in the last few years and have guys like LeBlanc and now Slay and Coleman. Plenty of options.

Meanwhile LB and S are pretty light.

Will be interesting to see

Comment

Working...
                              X