Say goodbye to Brother Malcolm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
    The Saints don't have much room. If he goes back there for much less money, then his bluff went horribly wrong with the Eagles.
    It will be about the signing bonus and guarantees. So Jenkins could have a lower cap number this year but actually have a bunch of new dollars.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I think the key here was Jenkins wanted security beyond 2020. He would have been in his final year with the Eagles and he wanted more money but more years also.

He could be signing with the Saints for just slightly more money than he was supposed to get here or even less but some guarantees for 2021.
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelph...fl-free-agency

Brushing aside this narrative in the article, here are the numbers:

Jordan Schultz of ESPN reported Wednesday evening that Jenkins’ deal with the Saints is worth $32 million over four years, with incentives that could bring the total value to $35 million. It includes $16.25 million in guaranteed money.

Comment

Players tribune article. Malcolm says goodbye:

https://t.co/VITVphAgNb?amp=1
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

He hasn't missed a snap the last 2 seasons. I don't know why the Birds didn't pay him.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              He hasn't missed a snap the last 2 seasons. I don't know why the Birds didn't pay him.
              From what I read 60, he may have taken less to move on. Not sure but he may have wanted out, he told Birds he wanted to be just about the highest paid safety, then signed for less with the Saints. Sometimes it isn’t just on the club.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                From what I read 60, he may have taken less to move on. Not sure but he may have wanted out, he told Birds he wanted to be just about the highest paid safety, then signed for less with the Saints. Sometimes it isn’t just on the club.
                I think he wanted more money from the Eagles than what he got from NO.

Comment

It's a shame either way.

Comment

NBCSports reported he and Schwartz had different views of what his role would be. Not sure if they planned to use him differently or if he wanted his role to change but either way it appears to be the reason he left.
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                      NBCSports reported he and Schwartz had different views of what his role would be. Not sure if they planned to use him differently or if he wanted his role to change but either way it appears to be the reason he left.
                      I read somewhere that he was morphing into an in-the-box type as opposed to the Swiss Army knife type that he's typically been

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                        It's a shame either way.
                        True. Wish he would have stayed. Of course, the team would've had to have wanted that too...

Comment

Is it possible that he was going to come off the field in certain situations and he didn't want that?

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                            Is it possible that he was going to come off the field in certain situations and he didn't want that?
                            That's not outside the realm of possibility. I can see how he'd be proud enough to balk at rotating with another DB when his versatility has been his signature during his career thus far.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
                              That's not outside the realm of possibility. I can see how he'd be proud enough to balk at rotating with another DB when his versatility has been his signature during his career thus far.
                              I mean the guy hasn't missed a snap in 2 years. He played special teams. Over a 16 game season that has to take a toll on his body. Just giving him a rest a few series a game might have been a big difference. Last year he just couldn't. Hell 2 years ago was the same. He is a very prideful guy though!

Comment

It looks like Mills will try to fill Jenkins' roll as hybrid

Jalen Mills has returned to the Eagles on a one-year deal, and he’s returning in a new role.

Mills, formerly a pure corner, will play “something similar” to Malcolm Jenkins‘ hybrid role. The Eagles recently parted ways with Jenkins, leaving a big hole in their defense.

It stands to reason that the Eagles will have to have some adjustments to cover everything Jenkins did.

“That’s going to be big bro forever,” Mills said of Jenkins, via Dave Zangaro of NBCSportsPhiladelphia.com. “I think as far as expectations, his name holds the weight. He’s a Philly icon, Philly legend. I feel like his jersey should probably get retired there. As far as people saying that [about replacing Jenkins], I know for sure it’s going to be a really, really big target on my back.”

Mills, 25, said his agent, Drew Rosenhaus, first told him of the Eagles’ plan to play him at safety. Mills expects to be something of a Taysom Hill on defense, a Swiss Army Knife of sorts.

He could see action at nickel corner, dime linebacker or corner, free safety or strong safety.

“I see myself as a Charles Woodson type, a guy who can just play it all,” Mills said. “You can line me up from the left side of the field all the way to the right side of the field.”

Comment

Working...
                                X