Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eagles Prioritizing Speed...(not surprised)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles Prioritizing Speed...(not surprised)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...every-nfl-team

Also mentions rumors of other teams that may be targeting WRs. Including Dallas. (?)

PHILADELPHIA: It's no secret the Eagles need help at wide receiver, but I'm told by sources with knowledge of the team's draft plans that speed will be the priority—not just at receiver, but for the entire draft class.

I've read other reports this off season that the Eagles felt speed was a factor for them when they did their self evaluation at the end of they year. Nothing wrong with that in my mind as long as you don't overlook a blue chipper just because they ran 2 tenths slower in the 40.
    For example, supposedly they took JJAW over Metcalf last year because JJAW had the best contested catch numbers. All well and good but the majority had Metcalf rated significantly higher in almost every area
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
      I've read other reports this off season that the Eagles felt speed was a factor for them when they did their self evaluation at the end of they year. Nothing wrong with that in my mind as long as you don't overlook a blue chipper just because they ran 2 tenths slower in the 40.
      For example, supposedly they took JJAW over Metcalf last year because JJAW had the best contested catch numbers. All well and good but the majority had Metcalf rated significantly higher in almost every area
      I'm thinking that Cega was overwhelmed last year learning all 3 positions and will show improvement this year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Damn. It seem there are a LOT of teams in front of us that want to draft a WR. I hope that's not true.

Comment

I think there will be plenty of WRs picked before #21. Whether the birds are anxious for a WR and move up or maybe they let that play out and they go a different route will be interesting to see. Howie never saw a DE he didn't want to draft so 60 may be right. Reality IMM is that the birds can go into the season right now with the guys they have and be successful. To be great though they need another playmaker
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Birds need to just see how it plays out. Some draft mocks have a good receiver fall to the birds others, the top grouping is long gone. A run on a position that didn't expect can play be beneficial.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
              Birds need to just see how it plays out. Some draft mocks have a good receiver fall to the birds others, the top grouping is long gone. A run on a position that didn't expect can play be beneficial.
              True. Like a run on OL and DL, which is not too far outside the realm of probability...

Comment

I'm anxious, overly anxious to see this play out. I have visions of more man coverage in the back 7 while the big dogs light it up. Hopefully the days of 3 second drops eating us up are done. I want so badly to see a pack of athletic, crazed dogs turning defense into offense. Along with the attitude that comes with fucking teams up. If that were to happen, I can see the offense playing into it. Play action off of a strong pounding run game, passing series with long hitting draws and screens and getting a lead and pounding them into submission. Pancake blocks as teams tire, Sanders and Boston busting off big chunks, Jeffery , Ertz and Goedert catching the stuff in the middle and Ward, JJAW and DJAX catching slants with defenders spread out, turning them into exciting, big plays and of course, DJAX wide open , over the shoulder bombs. The possibilities are off the charts, IF they add ANYTHING of quality, we are gonna have some fun
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

We should be decent if we don't get wiped out with injuries like last year. Edwards, Ridgeway, Rush and Ward all showed that they can play in this league. LeBlanc showed that he is a solid starter along with Maddox. Sanders and Bosco are a great 1-2 punch. Health again will be huge of course but most of the pieces are there.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                  X