Welcome to QB hell New York!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
    I think the Giants will draft a QB high in the draft, and they will trade Eli to some team like Jacksonville. The Eli era is over in NY.
    This is what I am thinking. The Giants management knows that Eli gives them the best chance to win right now, which may not be what they want. They are going to tank it to try and get as high of a pick as they can.

The Giants know that Gino Smith is not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
      I hated on Eli probably more than most. This is the rawest of raw deals. As mentioned, benching him to see what they have in a retread never was. I could see playing Webb though I’ve read nothing glowing about him either. The GM needs to go. The coach should have been long gone. I’m hoping this is the start of 30 years of QB hell for the Giants. Eli deserved better than to be treated like this by the team he’s played for his entire career.
      Webb is the scout team QB right now and probably gets zero practice reps. I'm guessing they go with Smith for a game or 2 and then throw Webb in there. There's no way that they are thinking Geno Smith longterm.

Also I don't really see Eli getting traded to anybody because he's just not that good anymore. He's a sitting duck in the pocket and when he gets hit you would think the ball is a hand grenade the way he drops it. If Jacksonville trades for him I think that they'll be sorry. Then again somebody will probably take a chance on him. Unless Webb lights it up which is extremely doubtful they might as well draft a QB and keep Eli around for another year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

This is great for us. I can’t see us losing to Geno Smith or Davis Webb. The Giants are in full tank mode.
        Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I’m with MD, what he did when he whined his way away from the Chargers was weak. Granted they ended up with Tomlinson and Rivers out of the deal, but it also irks me. I think this is a little Karma returning

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
            I’m with MD, what he did when he whined his way away from the Chargers was weak. Granted they ended up with Tomlinson and Rivers out of the deal, but it also irks me. I think this is a little Karma returning
            Peyton pulled the same crap when he was drafted. Some suck team wanted him and he announced before the draft that he wouldn't play for them.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
              Peyton pulled the same crap when he was drafted. Some suck team wanted him and he announced before the draft that he wouldn't play for them.
              Elway did the same with I believe the Colts.

Comment

You're right Ross and I confused him with Peyton. Rivers is a much better QB than Eli IMO. SD really lucked out in that deal gettng both Rivers and Tomlinson in that deal!
                Last edited by Eagle60; 11-30-2017, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Remember what a douche he was back then?

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    I think the Giants will draft a QB high in the draft, and they will trade Eli to some team like Jacksonville. The Eli era is over in NY.
                    If Jacksonville were smart they'd go after Cousins. The trouble is, they're not smart.

Comment

If Jacksonville were smart they'd go after Cousins. The trouble is, they're not smart.
                      I'm not sure about that. Coughlin makes that team legit all of a sudden. If they play the Patriots in the playoffs, I'm sure Marone will be in Coughlin's ear all week.
                      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

They’re going after Eli.

Comment

Originally posted by WCPhan View Post
                          They’re going after Eli.
                          As I said, they're not very smart LOL!

Comment

Working...
                          X