Observations from yesterdays game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Observations from yesterdays game

Another week another win. This team is turning into a machine. The next two weeks will be tough but neither are games that they can't win.

1. Wentz had another terrific game. Anytime your QB can throw 3 TD not turn the ball over, run for several first downs and only take one sack and win the game, they are playing well.

2. Alshon Jeffrey had an good game yesterday, the only drop I saw he was clearly was impeded and pass interference should have been called.

3. Another week another long Jay Ajayi run, however this time he fumbled. We got lucky on the recovery but if the J Train wants the ball more (and he clearly looked dis heartened a few times when he was removed from the game), he is going to need to hang onto the football.

4. Blount fumbled also, really weird that we had zero fumbles from a RB going into this game and then had two in the same game.

5. Elliot kicking off short I think is by design but to me its a bad design, it seems like for every time they stop the return short of the 25 they give up a longer return. Kick the ball deep and play defense.

6. Our defensive front is so disruptive. They had at least 7 TFL yesterday as well as some excellent pressure on the QB. The Bears have a good run blocking offensive line, the Eagles totally destroyed them.

7. I thought Doug called a pretty good game yesterday. They game out and got Jeffrey & Ertz involved quickly. Which I liked and then they established the running game with the new Three Headed monster. This team is really balanced on offense right now.

8. I love the celebrations the Eagles are doing, they are creative and fun. Glad the NFL relaxed the rules on celebrations.

Tough road trip ahead, two on the west coast then back to play the Giants. I think we will have clinched the NFC East by Sunday so let the jocking for position in the conference begin. I don't think there is a team that can come into the Linc and beat us this year.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

It's tough to find much wrong with an ass kicking like yesterday. There were just a couple of things that I noticed that I thought that I'd mention.

One of the knocks on Ajayi when he got traded by Gase was that he was always trying to hit homeruns bouncing outside when he had room inside. On his first carry he did just that yesterday. The play went right and he had a nice hole inside but decided to take it more outside for abouut a 2 yard gain if I remember right. He didn't play for a long time after that and I'm wondering if Duce got pissed off over it.

Walker is pretty useless in the run department. I mentioned this a couple of times and the first play Goode came in he shot the hole as the play developed and tackle the rb for a loss. I don't think that we're going to see any drop off with him in there but the Eagles play so little base it probably won't be noticed much anyway.

I'm wondering what Schwartz will do with Super Jenkins against Seattle to try to stop Wilson this week. Wilson has been All World every time that I've seen him this year. He's the only QB who could win with Seattle's horse crap offense and that includes Brady. He's constantly on the run and still makes pinpoint throws. Even with him it's not like Seattle lights up the scoreboard anyway. We've got a better team than them but they are in a pretty desperate situation themselves and still have a shot at the division.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I’m going to wish I didn’t say this but I’m going to anyway...

I’ve been watching football since I wax 7 years old in 1979. This team is the most complete team I can remember. They have a chance to be mentioned with the 86 Bears, the early 90s Cowboys, and the late 80s niners as one of the best ever.

If they can just stay healthy and not get ahead of themselves.

There I said it... Fly Eagles Fly
      You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
        4. Blount fumbled also, really weird that we had zero fumbles from a RB going into this game and then had two in the same game.
        It was THREE fumbles, right? Didn't Blount fumble TWICE?

I'm guessing there will be some extra ball handling drills this week!

Comment

What more can be said. I like the playcalling but would like to see Ajayi used a little more often. Blount was going well but if he and Ajayi got about the same amount of caries plus Clement and Barner sprinkled in would be a bit better for my taste.
          Defense is just lights out at this time. And seem to be getting better! Howard is a very good back. Cohen is tough and they held them to negative yards? Just unreal!
          Wentz is Wentz. A great young QB. Kurt Warner sated that he loved Wentz but he needs to stop missing some easy throws. I have to agree. A couple of misses but I cant really complain too much.

O-Line seems to be even better without Peters and I don't know how that is possible!

I am just enjoying this!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
            What more can be said. I like the playcalling but would like to see Ajayi used a little more often. Blount was going well but if he and Ajayi got about the same amount of caries plus Clement and Barner sprinkled in would be a bit better for my taste.
            Defense is just lights out at this time. And seem to be getting better! Howard is a very good back. Cohen is tough and they held them to negative yards? Just unreal!
            Wentz is Wentz. A great young QB. Kurt Warner sated that he loved Wentz but he needs to stop missing some easy throws. I have to agree. A couple of misses but I cant really complain too much.

O-Line seems to be even better without Peters and I don't know how that is possible!

I am just enjoying this!
            I'm thinking that they are letting Blount take the beating for now and Ajayi will see a much larger role later on.

Comment

Re the comment about Wentz missing some easy throws. I might agree but I will put it out there that every QB misses throws. I'd like for him to hit on all of them but sometimes **** happens. What I would say if that the high misses concern me more than the misses. High misses are more easily picked than throwing at the feet of the back on a screen.
              As to Walker v Goode I agree. They are pretty much the same player. But they are better than seeing an overweight Kirkland in there. The DBs have been playing WAY above expectations (although some thought they would be better than the national media was giving them credit for before the season), and the DL is lights out. Add in Bradham and Kendricks both playing well and you can live with a mediocre MLB.
              Gang Green was a GREAT defense but this D may be on their level.
              I'm not a great fan of a three headed monster but you can't argue with what Duce is producing from the RB position. I hope Smallwood is watching the want ads for a job because Clement produces when running the ball and when picking up the blitz
              Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
              Hope is not a strategy
              RIP

Comment

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal View Post

Oh, nevermind. I just looked at the stats. They credited the botched hand-off to Foles, not Blount.

On a very related note, Ajayi fumble, Blount fumble, Blount/Foles fumble, Jenkins fumble... and at one point I swear Ertz fumbled as he went down and recovered it but they didn't credit him with a fumble in the stats.... and they still won 31-3!

Comment

Oh, nevermind. I just looked at the stats. They credited the botched hand-off to Foles, not Blount.

On a very related note, Ajayi fumble, Blount fumble, Blount/Foles fumble, Jenkins fumble... and at one point I swear Ertz fumbled as he went down and recovered it but they didn't credit him with a fumble in the stats.... and they still won 31-3!
                  The Blount fumble was a high school fumble. He should know better. You cover up when 3 guys are going to hit you. No excuse.

Comment

Yes you are right he did fumble twice. It was four fumbles. Two for Blount, one for Ajayi and one for Jenkins

Comment

Yes you are right he did fumble twice. It was four fumbles. Two for Blount, one for Ajayi and one for Jenkins
                      Jenkins' fumble was really dumb too.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                        Re the comment about Wentz missing some easy throws. I might agree but I will put it out there that every QB misses throws. I'd like for him to hit on all of them but sometimes **** happens. What I would say if that the high misses concern me more than the misses. High misses are more easily picked than throwing at the feet of the back on a screen.
                        As to Walker v Goode I agree. They are pretty much the same player. But they are better than seeing an overweight Kirkland in there. The DBs have been playing WAY above expectations (although some thought they would be better than the national media was giving them credit for before the season), and the DL is lights out. Add in Bradham and Kendricks both playing well and you can live with a mediocre MLB.
                        Gang Green was a GREAT defense but this D may be on their level.
                        I'm not a great fan of a three headed monster but you can't argue with what Duce is producing from the RB position. I hope Smallwood is watching the want ads for a job because Clement produces when running the ball and when picking up the blitz

Yea I was thinking about the overthrow to Ertz in the middle of the field. Its those that can bite you. He missed Hollins in the end zone as well high! But again its just something I know he will work on. That's what makes him so great!

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                          I don't even see this as a problem. All QB miss at times. When I see a QB throw 36 times and score 3 TD and not turn the ball over, I am fine with that. They are going to miss sometimes, they are not machines. Over analysis in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                            Yea I was thinking about the overthrow to Ertz in the middle of the field. Its those that can bite you. He missed Hollins in the end zone as well high! But again its just something I know he will work on. That's what makes him so great!
                            The Hollins one holding was called it was a timing play and the hold made it look like a bad throw. If Hollins isn't held its a good throw. The ball was out right as he was held. Go back and take a look you can see it effected the play. Not a bad pass at all, would have been a TD without the hold (provided that MH would have caught it)

He did miss Ertz over the middle, one throw out of 36.

Comment

The Hollins one holding was called it was a timing play and the hold made it look like a bad throw. If Hollins isn't held its a good throw. The ball was out right as he was held. Go back and take a look you can see it effected the play. Not a bad pass at all, would have been a TD without the hold (provided that MH would have caught it)

He did miss Ertz over the middle, one throw out of 36.

True. They all miss throws here and there. I also know this kid will work on it as he has worked on other parts of his game. So glad to have a special talent at QB!

Comment

Working...
                              X