Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How did we go from Super Bowl Champs to this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My point was that the organization (and many many on this board) did not make the O-Line the priority that it should have--- IMM, you build a team by getting a franchise QB and then building an O-Line to protect that investment and then the skill players. Defense you build the same way --- D-Line, then Lb's and then DB's.

IMM the organization (and people on this board) skipped some steps in order to build a perennial SB type team. I think we missed the O Line and LB's.

As for last year I think Wentz and the D-Line performance hid some of the deficiency.

Comment

ah, okay I understand your point. I'm not sure what they could have done individual position or individual player wise in the past but I understand the point. I've given my view of where they are now and this off season anyway. I'd add that V has been there a couple of years. Time to put the seal on whether he is a starting LT a starting RT or a capable backup to both spots. Can't keep on wondering what he is.
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        My point was that the organization (and many many on this board) did not make the O-Line the priority that it should have--- IMM, you build a team by getting a franchise QB and then building an O-Line to protect that investment and then the skill players. Defense you build the same way --- D-Line, then Lb's and then DB's.

IMM the organization (and people on this board) skipped some steps in order to build a perennial SB type team. I think we missed the O Line and LB's.

As for last year I think Wentz and the D-Line performance hid some of the deficiency.
        I don't think they skipped the offensive line. They went out and spent big money on Brooks, they drafted Seumolo high, drafted BIG V, drafted Pryor and Maelta this year, they signed Wiz and Warmack in free agency.

Now what did they pick the right players? Did they sign the right free agents. That is the debate.
        Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Yeah they did.... they went like ....” we’re ok let’s just keep the same cast” ... even though they did not have a first rate left guard, or any way to know just how well Peters would hold with his age and previous leg injuries, and Brooks had potential head problems and Johnson may or may not have played and played well. They addressed some avg guys, but mostly said “ we need other areas and they are our priorities”.

Comment

Sorry Dawk but O Line need is still a top priority IMM.
            I agree and I don’t agree. Look at the top offenses in the league and look at their Olines. Not huge draft of FA investments. I would argue our line is better than most of them. We just don’t have threats at HB or receivers that get open fast. I’d say the lack of playmakers is what makes them look bad.

I’d take the same cast of OLine characters next year. But it cannot be with the same slow possession OLine depending weapons

Do the Pats miss Solder? Or Amendola and injured players? Does Saquan have a kickass OLine?

Just my $.02

Comment

Yeah they did.... they went like ....” we’re ok let’s just keep the same cast” ... even though they did not have a first rate left guard, or any way to know just how well Peters would hold with his age and previous leg injuries, and Brooks had potential head problems and Johnson may or may not have played and played well. They addressed some avg guys, but mostly said “ we need other areas and they are our priorities”.
              OK MD, I've heard this all season now so I want you to tell me just how they should have done it? They went into the season with the best O line in the league! They only had 5 picks and their guy Goedert is a darned good blocking TE that we didn't have. Who did you want them to get? Out of all that paragraph the only suspect on it was Peters but they won a SB with his backup. What do you want, 20 O lineman on the team?
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                OK MD, I've heard this all season now so I want you to tell me just how they should have done it? They went into the season with the best O line in the league! They only had 5 picks and their guy Goedert is a darned good blocking TE that we didn't have. Who did you want them to get? Out of all that paragraph the only suspect on it was Peters but they won a SB with his backup. What do you want, 20 O lineman on the team?
                This is a non starter!

The were not and are not THE best O Line in the league... by far.

Comment

This is a non starter!

The were not and are not THE best O Line in the league... by far.
                  Huh? I guess you missed the Super Bowl thing.

Comment

Yeah, Bud I guessed I missed that.

Comment

If you really want to beat your head against the wall you should do it over the 22 guys that we have on the IR list.
                      MD for years you used to preach that every team has holes. I get that. But I also know that the team that has the most depth usually gets close to the top. I think we went in with at least 7 and maybe 8 legit O lineman this season. That's pretty deep. I get that you don't want Wentz hurt, but all of those hits that he takes aren't always on the O line. I would argue that it was probably our strongest area going into the season. We had the entire SB line coming back along with Peters and Seumalo. That's 7 legit starters. You could even say 8 in you counted Warmack. He did shit the bed but those are the only types that are available when you're looking for them anyway. How many teams could say that? In most people's opinions the Eagles did have the best O line in the league last year. If you don't believe that you must agree that it was at least one of the best. If you wanted a star left tackle I doubt that there was one out there that was available unless he was in a similar situation as Peters was in and you had to take that same gamble. So I'm going to ask again what is your plan? Maybe move up to get one of the top ones in the draft? I wouldn't be all that opposed to that but we are hurting in so many spots it might not be the best approach.

Losing bangers like Blount and Ajai also hurt protection this year. Teams didn't have to focus much on our run game. I think that you're driving yourself nuts with this O line thing. If you watch every team all these QBs get creamed.

Comment

Working...
                      X