Sports Weekly's Matt Pitzer on Stallworth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sports Weekly's Matt Pitzer on Stallworth

"Sure, Philadelphia acquired Donte Stallworth, but the idea that he suddenly elevates the Eagles' receiving corp to championship quality is absurd. Last year (70 catches, 945 yards, 7 TDs) was easily the best of his career, and it put him in a tier with about 30 other receivers. Injuries and dropped passes are his biggest problems. This move stinks of the Eagles' desperation. The Saints are going nowhere, yet they could not dump this supposedly good player fast enough."

Bah!

LOL, and Pitzer is an expert, who's opinion should be valued because?......

Anyone??...

Bueller??....

I know just as much about football as he does. Probably more. And, I say that Stallworth is a perfect fit in the Eagles offense, who's deep speed meshes well with Donovan McNabb's deep ball. He's an upgrade over Pinkston, who will help deflect some of the coverage away from developing WR Reggie Brown.

There's a lot of guys on this board who's opinion I value more than Pitzer's.

Comment

Donte doesn't NEED to be an 80+ catch guy. He needs to be part of the "plan". Open hings up for underneath routes with the deep threat he brings. We'll be fine there.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Why don't these experts understand why Stallworth was brought in? Probably because they really aren't experts.

Anyway, Donte is not here if Pinkston is healthy. Everyone on this board knows it. The Eagles problem last year (when McNabb was in the lineup) was they had no one that could stretch the field effectively. Even though people here hate Pinky, he did that effectively in 2004, allowing TO, Westy, and LJ to get open underneath as Pinky pulled 2 guys with him.

Stallworth will do the same exact thing, along with increasing the talent level at the position.

Comment

MEMO

TO: Matt Pitzer

SUBECT: Donte Stallworth

Hey Matt, BLOW ME!!

Comment

Who would ever need a 25 yr old WR with great speed that caught 70 balls for almost 1000 yards last season and has improved their numbers each year they have been in the league?

I mean, who are the Eagles kidding?
            Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
              Who would ever need a 25 yr old WR with great speed that caught 70 balls for almost 1000 yards last season and has improved their numbers each year they have been in the league?

I mean, who are the Eagles kidding?
              Yeah, Stallworth sucks. He is only the 3rd best in the NFL when it comes to career yards-after-catch also (FWIW, T.O is 5th).

Comment

I have no idea who that guy is, but isn't it funny?....The media totally trashes us for not having a 'legit' receiver in their eyes, we go out and upgrade that position, and still get thrashed for it by some people.

In some peoples eyes, no matter what the Eagles do, it will be wrong.

I just can't wait until this group of receivers prove themselves over the course of the year and give all of these clowns a little crow to chew on.
                Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                  MEMO

TO: Matt Pitzer

SUBECT: Donte Stallworth

Hey Matt, BLOW ME!!

FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

BUMP!!

Stallworth 6 - 141 , 1 TD , 23.5 YPC

Comment

Working...
                    X