Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The CLOCK person during the Texans game.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CLOCK person during the Texans game.....

Can someone refresh my memory as to what the rules are for when the clock starts and stops? I know they shortened games a bit ago by letting the clock run more. On the final drive before halftime, the Texans clock person was all over the place. On about four separate plays, the clock run for a couple seconds AFTER the play was over. I was screaming at the TV when Donovan called a timeout with 28 seconds left, and the whistle had blown, and the clock ran down to 25 seconds. Anyone else notice this? I hope the league does a review of what happened in the last minute of the half of the Texan game...it was criminal.

Another thing that bothered me was the Eagles not calling time out when the Texans had 3rd and goal. We could have had 1 minute and 45 seconds to work with, and instead we were left with about a minute. I know, in hindsight, we scored, but still.....

I was screaming for the timeout after 3rd and goal too. But maybe like that playaction Andy knew what was coming before it happened.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Oh. Amen to this entire thread. There has to be a major major investigation into this.

On the 1 minute drill before the half not only that 25 second runoff there were 2 other times during that drive. It didn't ultimately matter.

Additionally - I saw when the TEXANS were calling timeout the clock would stop perfectly.

I also noticed that at the end of the first quarter - if someone has the game tape look at it - that the game clock was one second more than the playclock but they let HOUSTON run the clock out without a penaly!??!

But yeah - the TEXAN home cooking for the clock management was really really blatant.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

j-bird and I both noticed it.

Comment

I was wondering if the clock that FOX shows on the TV screen is not the same as the actual game clock. If it is, there were huge mistakes being made for most of the game. The clock was running after an incomplete pass in the first quarter and then stopped after a running play. 4 or 5 seconds would run off after every play when the clock was supposed to stop.
          Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

Re: The CLOCK person during the Texans game.....

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
            Can someone refresh my memory as to what the rules are for when the clock starts and stops? I know they shortened games a bit ago by letting the clock run more. On the final drive before halftime, the Texans clock person was all over the place. On about four separate plays, the clock run for a couple seconds AFTER the play was over. I was screaming at the TV when Donovan called a timeout with 28 seconds left, and the whistle had blown, and the clock ran down to 25 seconds. Anyone else notice this? I hope the league does a review of what happened in the last minute of the half of the Texan game...it was criminal.

Another thing that bothered me was the Eagles not calling time out when the Texans had 3rd and goal. We could have had 1 minute and 45 seconds to work with, and instead we were left with about a minute. I know, in hindsight, we scored, but still.....
            Yep, I noticed that too, but I thought I remember seeing the clock was then BACK to 26 seconds when the next place started which is still stupid because the time-out was called with 28 seconds left, so why only give back ONE second and not THREE?

I distinctly noticed it on other plays as well, but the others didn't matter since they were in the middle of the game.

Comment

Working...
            X