• Billy Volek Lied to Jeff Fischer

http://www.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9673960

Vince Young...paging...Vince Young...
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

I only read the first page, did they ever indicate what Volek actually lied about?
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
      I only read the first page, did they ever indicate what Volek actually lied about?
      "Fisher wouldn't say what the lie was. "

"He was untruthful with me, untruthful with his head coach, about where he was and what he was doing. So we started off on the wrong page there, and that did not sit well with me," Fisher said.

Comment

So do you think Fisher is speaking literally about Volek being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and doing things the organization didn't agree with or was it metaphorical and Volek wasn't developing the way they wanted because of the things he was/wasn't doing?
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
          So do you think Fisher is speaking literally about Volek being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and doing things the organization didn't agree with or was it metaphorical and Volek wasn't developing the way they wanted because of the things he was/wasn't doing?
          Since it was in reference to a "lie", I gotta believe he was doin something somewhere with someone he wasn't supposed to be and he got caught. I'm going the literal route!

Comment

He was doing Bong Hits and sharing needles with Kerry Collins. Collins came clean about it, Volek didn't.

NEXT QUESTION!
            http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I suspect it's more of the team expecting him to develop by working on certain aspects of his game during the off season and them realizing after they got rid of McNair that he wasn't as far along as they thought he would be. He had to do SOMETHING to fall from grace. Two years ago they refused to trade Volek because he was 'the future', then they draft Young, then they sign Collins, then they trade Volek. What's missing from this picture? If it was lying about being somewhere he wasn't supposed to be they wouldn't trade away their future for a 6th round pick. Hell I got caught being in places I wasn't supposed to be a dozen times as a kid and my parents never traded me (don't think they didn't try though!!!). Seriously he had to do more than just lie to the coach to get traded for nothing. Now if he didn't do what he needed to do to improve his game - that's another story. TO proves that teams will put up with a lot of shit if you can bring it on game day. For Volek to get traded for a 6th round pick, he had to do something serious and lying to the coach ain't it!!
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Or maybe Fisher and Volek are lovers and Volek was out with another man and lied about it

Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Countdown to Volek's pending steps into NFL mediocrity and anonymity in 3... 2...

Listening to this Volek speak, I'm not surprised that he doesn't understand why he was downgraded to 3rd string. Typical disgruntled employee who feels that they outperform everyone around them, but the reality is the polar opposite.

I'm simply betting that Volek was to learn the playbook inside and out during the offseason. Sounds like he bs'd Fisher about his knowledge and it became painfully obvious that he was clueless. (my theory)

But.. Who knows? We'll hear rumors soon enough.

Comment

Working...
                  X