What does Jackson do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What does Jackson do?

After saying last year'QB class sucked he probably has to grab one this year. Watson was the feature guy as a sophomore so that might be his guy but Tubersky has the big arm. The kid from Notra Dame looks pretty good too. Every QB taken moves us up a guy for the Birds target if they have one.
    Last edited by Eagle60; 04-03-2017, 11:32 AM.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

The best part about the draft for the Birds is the QBs I think.

If one guy goes in picks 8-13 then after 14 and through 27 I think you have 5-6 teams that might want to move up to get one of the guys they want.

So say the Chiefs want to move to 14 to get ahead of the Redskins and get Kizer or Mahommes... the Birds could slide back to 27 and get a few extra picks to do it. Teams like the Colts and Ravens can move back too but they might want to hang where they are and be in a better spot to get Williams, Ross, or Davis. The Birds really lucked out by getting Jeffrey even with it being a one year deal.

The Birds clearly need secondary help and a RB and an edge rusher... but if guys such as Garson Conley, Tankersley, or one of the lesser known CBs is going to go very late first and the Birds like that kid then having the balls to move back 10-12 spots and pick up a few extra picks in the process so a team could move up and take a QB when the run starts... I think it would be a great move.

I wish the Birds had 5 picks from 25-75 instead of 3. This is an Incredibly deep draft. A kid like Peppers, Raekwon McMillan, Zach Cunningham, Jordan Willis, or McCaffrey might just be sitting there at 45 and are absolute studs that in a normal year would be gone D1.

Plus Sidney Jones is gonna redshirt but in year 3 if healthy could be a top 5 corner.
    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

It's pretty well documented that I hate moving back and I don't ever remember doing that and it worked. I do love Peppers though but hate missing out on an impact guy who should be there at 14. Your move sounds good though but I doubt that we are going to get 2 DBs who are going to start for us on defense doing that this year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm not a big believer in the QBs this year so I think they will go later but I hope there are some teams that look like they want one and it creates a run in the 6-12 range. I really don't want to drop back too far, especially out of the teens.
        I always would rather have five picks over three but I would like to see them parlay something to move up from the fourth to have two thirds rather than play with the first pick
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Working...
        X