No announcement yet.

Tommy Lawlor Eagles Mock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Ross is BPA, draft him. Likewise with Davis or Williams. BPA is a subjective metric, to be sure.

That said, I think they'll go DE (at least thought so until the Long signing).

CB is said to be deep this year. That MAY guarantee a quality player outside of Rd 1. However, the spate of pre-draft injuries may cause one or more Rd 1-grade prospects to fall. A guy like Moreau, who suffered a pectoral injury, may be worth a shot in Rd 2 if he's still available IMO. His wheels (4.3 40-yd dash) are not directly affected by such an injury. Still, that opens the whole medical redshirt question up. Add to this scenario the signing of Patrick Robinson, a veteran CB and former 1st Rd pick. His presence may facilitate the medical redshirting of Moreau or another highly-touted but injured prospect.

Comment

Originally posted by ThoughtProcess View Post
      If Ross is BPA, draft him. Likewise with Davis or Williams. BPA is a subjective metric, to be sure.

That said, I think they'll go DE (at least thought so until the Long signing).

CB is said to be deep this year. That MAY guarantee a quality player outside of Rd 1. However, the spate of pre-draft injuries may cause one or more Rd 1-grade prospects to fall. A guy like Moreau, who suffered a pectoral injury, may be worth a shot in Rd 2 if he's still available IMO. His wheels (4.3 40-yd dash) are not directly affected by such an injury. Still, that opens the whole medical redshirt question up. Add to this scenario the signing of Patrick Robinson, a veteran CB and former 1st Rd pick. His presence may facilitate the medical redshirting of Moreau or another highly-touted but injured prospect.
      BPA is subjective because I think every person will have a different BPA at 14. In my opinion I see no scenario where John Ross is the BPA at 14. But that is my opinion. Folks who love the underwear Olympics will grade him higher than I do. Definitely a first round pick, but I see him more in the 20-25 range than 14.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I don't want a "fast but struggles against press coverage" at 14. Get me someone who doesn't struggle so easily.

Comment

I don't think they need a blow the top off receiver with the 2 FA additions. Jeffery, Smith, Ertz , Sproles, Smallwood , Matthews all can beat 1 on 1 coverage. Someone will be open on every play. If the line is doing their job, I think the next WR draft pick just needs to be a PLAYER. The field should be opening up for someone on every play. The only real HR this team needs IMO is on the other side of the ball
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
            I don't think they need a blow the top off receiver with the 2 FA additions. Jeffery, Smith, Ertz , Sproles, Smallwood , Matthews all can beat 1 on 1 coverage. Someone will be open on every play. If the line is doing their job, I think the next WR draft pick just needs to be a PLAYER. The field should be opening up for someone on every play. The only real HR this team needs IMO is on the other side of the ball
            Let's face it, this thing can go a gazillion different ways LOL. 29 days and 290 beers to go.
            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Personally, I would take a defensive player at 14 rather than a 1 trick pony wr. If the birds pick ross at 14, would he be the 4th WR? Is that the value we want of the 14 pick? I would rather take a cb or DL or rb that will play meaningful snaps right away. If he's around with our later picks then fine I'll trust their judgment.

Comment

playmakers on D
                We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I just don't think we've solved the lack of speed on offense yet

Comment

Saw a mock today with us taking McCafferty. Don't know how I feel about it, but he is gonna be a playmaker

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                      I just don't think we've solved the lack of speed on offense yet
                      http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ens-highlights

I think they have solved it, and it's right here on film. I do not want Ross at #14.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                        http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...ens-highlights

I think they have solved it, and it's right here on film. I do not want Ross at #14.
                        I can't believe what happened to him when he went to SF. If you play with garbage you're mostly going to play like garbage too. I'm excited to get him. I don't expect anybody but Jeffery to put up numbers this year because there are going to be a bunch of targets around here for a change. More than I can remember and I go back a long time-too long.
                        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          I can't believe what happened to him when he went to SF. If you play with garbage you're mostly going to play like garbage too. I'm excited to get him. I don't expect anybody but Jeffery to put up numbers this year because there are going to be a bunch of targets around here for a change. More than I can remember and I go back a long time-too long.
                          Smith is a legitimate deep threat that the Eagles haven't had since Jackson. He's not quite as fast as Jackson, but he's bigger. He's got good body control and good hands. And, now he's in a system that will use him on deep concepts, and a QB that can get him the ball. I could be wrong, but I think he's going to have more of an impact than a lot of folks expect.

Comment

I don't think anyone is going to have otherworldly numbers, but IMO there will be very good numbers across the board. YPC and avg rec yds will be nice all around.I think Ertz will benefit the most.

Comment

The only WR I'd want at 14 is Cory Davis,(I wouldn't touch the Clemson WR at all he's got bust written all over him, he can't get open against NCAA db's much less what the nfl will put on him) otherwise take a Def player. Get your rb in one of the next 2 rds. Our "stable" of rb's does not instill confidence to say the least.
                              Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

I'm a Maryland fan, lets not build up Torrey Smith too much here. He used to have a case of the dropsies. The jury is still out

Comment

Working...
                                X