Howie Props

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Howie Props

I know it's his job but I'm pretty happy with the off season especially since money was tighter this year than past years. In fact, I am pretty stoked going into the draft. Didn't like seeing Barwin go because he was a good player. Problem was he was expensive and Long is about the same player and cheaper. Picked up a couple vet WRs that can still be an impact. They have something like 17 OL -- not sure how high the talent level is but there are a couple that can shine and they can pick a talent in the draft if he is there. Overall there is a nice mix of vets and youngsters that have potential to overtake those vets. The devil in this is whether one of those seven or eight youngsters will step up their game to be an impact player.
    So I am looking forward to this draft to see who they think are the best players available and then I look forward to seeing the camp battles but I give Howie props for giving Pederson a nice mix to work with
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
    I know it's his job but I'm pretty happy with the off season especially since money was tighter this year than past years. In fact, I am pretty stoked going into the draft. Didn't like seeing Barwin go because he was a good player. Problem was he was expensive and Long is about the same player and cheaper. Picked up a couple vet WRs that can still be an impact. They have something like 17 OL -- not sure how high the talent level is but there are a couple that can shine and they can pick a talent in the draft if he is there. Overall there is a nice mix of vets and youngsters that have potential to overtake those vets. The devil in this is whether one of those seven or eight youngsters will step up their game to be an impact player.
    So I am looking forward to this draft to see who they think are the best players available and then I look forward to seeing the camp battles but I give Howie props for giving Pederson a nice mix to work with
    I do too ND seeing as though this salary cap stuff seems to be nonexistent bullcrap. I don't see why we didn't sign a good cb now along with the others. CJ Smith must be a monster and we don't know it.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Howie has had a decent offseason. I like what he did with Jeffrey, not so sure I would have signed Smith to what they signed him for but can't rip him for adding receivers. There is no reason that I can think of as to why they didn't sign a corner of note. Either Kelce or Barbre should have been gone and there money invested into a corner. Maybe they tried, the offseason isn't over yet. I think they are a decent spot going into the draft. They still have to emphasize CB though.
      Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

60 I haven't believed in cap hell since watching Washington and Dallas get by with all kinds of crap a few years back. Just my opinion but cap hell was made up by types that didn't know as much as the Banners of the world. Since the early days everyone has gotten much better at it. Having said that I will say that there is a cap and you have to factor it in. That is why you have to have rooks make the roster and have an impact because you can't pay every vet that you want. Sometimes you have to take a so-so vet and let a homegrown guy walk due to the dollars versus the production. If production is close yet dollars are far apart the team with big cap space may keep the high dollar guy but a team that is tight will take the low dollar guy. It certainly isn't an exact science but it is a factor.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
          Howie has had a decent offseason. I like what he did with Jeffrey, not so sure I would have signed Smith to what they signed him for but can't rip him for adding receivers. There is no reason that I can think of as to why they didn't sign a corner of note. Either Kelce or Barbre should have been gone and there money invested into a corner. Maybe they tried, the offseason isn't over yet. I think they are a decent spot going into the draft. They still have to emphasize CB though.
          Thought Smith was 1 yr with 2 option years ?
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

I'll give Howie a big ol' bear hug on Broad St. the day of the victory parade. We've been FA champions before.
            Disclaimer: this is me trying not to get too hyped
            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If Howie could've kept Logan, it would've been an A plus

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                60 I haven't believed in cap hell since watching Washington and Dallas get by with all kinds of crap a few years back. Just my opinion but cap hell was made up by types that didn't know as much as the Banners of the world. Since the early days everyone has gotten much better at it. Having said that I will say that there is a cap and you have to factor it in. That is why you have to have rooks make the roster and have an impact because you can't pay every vet that you want. Sometimes you have to take a so-so vet and let a homegrown guy walk due to the dollars versus the production. If production is close yet dollars are far apart the team with big cap space may keep the high dollar guy but a team that is tight will take the low dollar guy. It certainly isn't an exact science but it is a factor.
                The cap is like our government's budget as far as I'm concerned. Just keep on kicking the can down the road and there's no problem. I don't think Howie is any genius. He's just got an owner who finally doesn't care what he spends. The "cap" only is there for a team to make an excuse either not to pay a guy or get rid of him as far as I'm concerned.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                X