GWB loves Utley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GWB loves Utley

Finally, I can agree with the President on something!

Utley has the president's vote

It probably won't improve his approval ratings in the Philadelphia area, but President Bush offered an interesting answer this week when asked who would be the first position player he would want if he owned a baseball team again.
    He would want Chase Utley.

"I like Utley from the Philadelphia Phillies," Bush said in a transcript at politico.com. "He's a middle infielder, which is always - you know, they say strength up the middle. There's nothing better than having a good person up the middle that can hit."

Utley, who is not expected to be campaigning for any candidate any time soon, took the news in stride.

"It's obviously a great compliment to have," Utley said. "It's kind of cool."

Bush, the former managing general partner of the Texas Rangers, also said the first pitcher he would want is Toronto Blue Jays righthander Roy Halladay.

"He's a steady guy," Bush said. "He burns up innings."

So which pitcher would Utley take?

"I'd go with a younger guy, somebody who is going to be around a little while," Utley said. "Roy Halladay obviously is exceptional and has great years ahead of him, but I'd take a guy who's been pitching two or three years and is going to be pitching another 10 years, somebody like Cole Hamels."

And a position player? Utley again said he would go young, but he would not say whom he would take. Maybe he just liked the president's answer best.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Re: GWB loves Utley

Good stuff.

And he might be the 1st position player I took also, actually change the "might" to would be.

Comment

Re: GWB loves Utley

MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP MVP...MVP...MVP...MVP
      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
      X