Hmm, Aikman questions players allegiance to Eli

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmm, Aikman questions players allegiance to Eli

Maybe theres a little tension in NY?????
    ///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

AIKMAN: 'OFF' SEASON HURTING ELI'S PROGRESS

By PAUL SCHWARTZ

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

July 12, 2006 -- Troy Aikman said yesterday that one of the major reasons why he's gearing up for his induction into the Pro Football Hall of Fame is that he was surrounded by Cowboys Emmitt Smith and Michael Irvin, great players who put winning and unselfishness above individual exploits.

A bit later, Aikman wondered aloud if Eli Manning enjoys unmitigated support from some of his key offensive teammates.

"I think it's unfortunate that here he is, as a quarterback going into his third season, and he's not given the opportunity to throw to his top three wide receivers throughout the offseason," Aikman said on a conference call. "I think that's a real mistake, for Jeremy Shockey, Plaxico Burress and Sinorice Moss not to be there with Eli Manning, getting some timing down. I don't think you can get that in just a mini-camp, I don't think you can get it in four weeks of training camp.

"It takes a lot of time and a lot of repetition, and they're not getting that kind of time, and maybe that lends itself a little bit to some of the inaccuracies that Eli had last year."

http://www.nypost.com/sports/giants/the_missing_sync_giants_paul_schwartz.htm] Aikman wonders about Eli[/url]

erica sillyass on espn radio the last two days has been verbally felating the guy. well, in his nondescript 'i make a vague prediction then sound smart either way'

he said 'the giants are now behind manning' because strahan said something like 'time for him to lead us'. apparently strahan = all the giants.

he also said eli is the sleeper fantasy pick since he had more td's than peyton last year and was in the top 5 of yards.

sillyass also likes navy to possibly go undefeated this year.
    Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

erica sillyass enjoys butt rubs from Michael Strahan.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
          Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Originally posted by leifdawg
            Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
            i think he also likes the gap in the teeth

BOOYAH!
            Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by reesecal
              erica sillyass on espn radio the last two days has been verbally felating the guy. well, in his nondescript 'i make a vague prediction then sound smart either way'

he said 'the giants are now behind manning' because strahan said something like 'time for him to lead us'. apparently strahan = all the giants.

he also said eli is the sleeper fantasy pick since he had more td's than peyton last year and was in the top 5 of yards.

sillyass also likes navy to possibly go undefeated this year.
              I stopped listening to Sillyass when I heard him go on a rant about how awful Adam Dunn's strikeouts are. It was towards the end of the year and Dunn's was close to a pace to break the all-time strike out record, and Sillyass was appauled that this wasn't getting more press. He described Dunn as "the ultimate out making machine, and no one is talking about it". He then went on to say "strike outs absolutely kill your team, they KILL - IT.....but yet, no one is talking about this guy at all. It's amazing to me." Ummm...maybe because he also hits 40 home runs and walks 120 times every year, moron. I know it has nothing to do with football, but to rant about a guy who has prestigeous power and walks 100+ times every year as if he's the worst hitter in the league - I'm sorry, you shouldn't be getting paid to spew your opinions.

Comment

Even among the hoard of small-talent posers that rely on controversy and smack talk to attact listeners/viewers, to me, Kuselias stands out as one of the most obnoxious...outdistanced only slightly by the King of the Assholes, Colin Cowherd. In a "Just World", both would be required to wear signs around their necks identifying them as TOXIC WASTE.

As far as Shockey, Burris, and Moss not practicing with Manning, it would be my guess that Burris is the only one holding any ill will toward Eli. Burris is a selfish head case who showed the world what kind of a punk he is with his self-absorbed behavior/remarks following NY's playoff loss to Carolina.

I don't get why Moss...an unproven rook...would not practice with Manning as much as possible, if given the opportunity. He's had no previous relationship with him that I'm aware of.

Shockey's insistence on "working out" in Miami rather than ANYWHERE else is pretty obvious and probably has nothing to do with Manning. It is the absolutely endless and ever changing supply of primo 'tang that inhabits South Beach.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno
                  ...outdistanced only slightly by the King of the Assholes, Colin Cowherd. In a "Just World", both would be required to wear signs around their necks identifying them as TOXIC WASTE...
                  For some reason I don't mind Colin Cowherd. I admit I don't really know why because he clearly is just trying to stir up controversy at times which I think is just lame radio. But I do find him entertaining much to even my own surprise at times.

Sillyass, to me, just seems like he doesn't do his homework - which makes some of his rants so transparent that he makes me ill.

Comment

Well, all I know is that McNabb and Co. have been together for all the OTAs, in Philly, and spent the time between the OTAs and camp together in Arizona.

The fact that while that's been going on, Eli's been throwing to camp fodder while his boyz worked out at da U doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                      Well, all I know is that McNabb and Co. have been together for all the OTAs, in Philly, and spent the time between the OTAs and camp together in Arizona.

The fact that while that's been going on, Eli's been throwing to camp fodder while his boyz worked out at da U doesn't hurt my feelings one bit.
                      It's just another example of how FA has hurt the game. If they all lived in the same NY area, it wouldn't be a big deal getting together. I imagine it's hard for alot of teams to get their wrs together with their qbs in the off season.
                      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                      X