Clear All

• raven player stabbed in the stomach

Maybe it's thier year for weird stuff

Raven stable after stabbing
    R. Green is taken to hospital after 'bumping' incident
    By Richard Irwin
    Sun reporter
    Originally published July 10, 2006

Baltimore Ravens linebacker Roderick Green was stabbed in the stomach early yesterday after what Baltimore County police described as a "bumping-into incident" at a Randallstown bowling center.

Green, 24, was in stable condition at Sinai Hospital, said police spokeswoman Sgt. Vickie Warehime.

Warehime said Green was walking inside the Kings Point Lanes bowling center in the 4100 block of Deer Park Road about 1 a.m. when he accidentally bumped into another man.

After a brief exchange of words, Green left the building - and was followed outside by the other man, who pulled out an unknown sharp weapon and stabbed Green at least once in the stomach, Warehime said.

Green fled, pursued by his attacker until the injured football player outdistanced his assailant.

"Someone called 911 and an ambulance arrived and took Mr. Green to Sinai Hospital," Warehime said.

Green, who is 6 feet 2 and 270 pounds, was a fifth-round draft selection by the Ravens in 2004. He played in college at Central Missouri State.

Green played in nine games with the Ravens his first season and 16 last season, when he had 11 tackles and two sacks.

[email protected]

Beat me too it, had it cut and ready to paste.... LOL.

These guys always just seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong times don't they?

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN

These guys always just seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong times don't they?
      What I don't get is, If you're gonna mess with someone why pick on the biggest dude in sight.. Napoleon complex I guess

Comment

was it ai?
        Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Originally posted by eaglefan55
          Originally posted by MDFAN

What I don't get is, If you're gonna mess with someone why pick on the biggest dude in sight.. Napoleon complex I guess
          LOL,,, well it doesn't say how big the other guy was.... and.... Green was the one runnin away......

Comment

Their year? The Ravens have been in a decade long run of this stuff...lol...they are the new Raiders with Ray Ray in charge...

I even got an exclusive on their newly designed home uniforms:

Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Wait a minute, the guy was stabbed in the stomach and still out ran his attacker? How out of shape is the attacker? I mean come on....
              Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
              Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
                Wait a minute, the guy was stabbed in the stomach and still out ran his attacker? How out of shape is the attacker? I mean come on....
                Don't forget that Green is 270 (according to the books, so 300 before camp is more likely).

Me thinks he bumped into Ray-Ray's friends.....but Ray-Ray wont tell.
                Pedro

Comment

Just a follow up for those who might care.........

//////////////////////////////////////////////

Suspect identified

Man charged with stabbing Ravens LB Green

Posted: Wednesday July 12, 2006 4:06PM; Updated: Wednesday July 12, 2006 10:27PM

BALTIMORE (AP) -- Police arrested a suspect Wednesday in the stabbing of Baltimore Ravens linebacker Roderick Green in a suburban bowling alley parking lot.

Chase M. Williams of Pikesville, was arrested without incident in west Baltimore, Baltimore County Police said. The 21-year-old Williams had been charged in a warrant with attempted first-degree murder and first- and second-degree assault. He is being held pending a bail review.

Green was at the Kings Point bowling alley early Sunday when he bumped into another patron, leading to an altercation. Green tried to break it off and left the bowling alley, but Williams allegedly came after him and stabbed him in the parking lot.

The 24-year-old Green was treated at a local hospital and released Monday. The 6-foot-2, 245-pound player is in his third year out of Central Missouri State.

Police released surveillance videos that helped in the identification of Williams, a police spokeswoman said.

Comment

This is a metaphorical turning of the tables if I've ever seen one, a Ravans linebacker GETTTING stabbed!
                    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

The suspect is going to go on to become the MVP of his bowling league.

The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Working...
                      X