Ray Didinger on Comcast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ray Didinger on Comcast

I saw Ray Didinger on Comcast last night and he was predicting the Eagles at 8-8 with a chance to go 10-6 if they stayed healthy. WTF? I really don't understand why people think this team will fall flat based only on last year's record. Am I the only one who thinks that injuries were our biggest problem last season followed by Owens load of crap? It sure seems that way sometimes! I really think that the only significant issue that might set this team back is losing Childress and I really don't think that's going to have that much of an impact. TO is addition by subtraction and while we'll miss him on the field, we've still got a better set or WR's than we did in 2003 when we went to our 3rd straight NFCC game.

Is losing Brad worth 2-3 games over the season? I doubt his departure is going to cost us even 1 game since Marty has been here and been a part of the system for several years. It's not like they are bringing in a new guy with a new philosophy they need to learn. So why is everyone predicting the doom and gloom? I can understand national twits like Dr. Z and pretty much anyone at ESPN who spend all of 5 mintues looking at a team roster before they make their "insightful" win-loss predictions. But Ray Didinger? This is someone I really, REALLY respect -- and he sees them going 8-8?

Other than losing Childress and Owens I think this team is stronger than it was last year at thime when we could see them returning to the Super Bowl. The rest of the division has improved but I still think it's our division to take. What am I missing here folks?
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

The early schedule is not difficult, and gives the Eagles a chance to establish early momentum that can carry them through that murderous final 6 game stretch. But they have to go at least 7-3 in the first 10. I'd be more comfortable w/ 8-2 though.

Comment

Re: Ray Didinger on Comcast

Originally posted by Jukin
      I saw Ray Didinger on Comcast last night and he was predicting the Eagles at 8-8 with a chance to go 10-6 if they stayed healthy. WTF? I really don't understand why people think this team will fall flat based only on last year's record. Am I the only one who thinks that injuries were our biggest problem last season followed by Owens load of crap? It sure seems that way sometimes! I really think that the only significant issue that might set this team back is losing Childress and I really don't think that's going to have that much of an impact. TO is addition by subtraction and while we'll miss him on the field, we've still got a better set or WR's than we did in 2003 when we went to our 3rd straight NFCC game.

Is losing Brad worth 2-3 games over the season? I doubt his departure is going to cost us even 1 game since Marty has been here and been a part of the system for several years. It's not like they are bringing in a new guy with a new philosophy they need to learn. So why is everyone predicting the doom and gloom? I can understand national twits like Dr. Z and pretty much anyone at ESPN who spend all of 5 mintues looking at a team roster before they make their "insightful" win-loss predictions. But Ray Didinger? This is someone I really, REALLY respect -- and he sees them going 8-8?

Other than losing Childress and Owens I think this team is stronger than it was last year at thime when we could see them returning to the Super Bowl. The rest of the division has improved but I still think it's our division to take. What am I missing here folks?
      The defense was the worst in the division last year. You just can't dismiss that.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I think the toughness of the NFC East is leading to all the less than optimistic predictions. While it used to be a good bet that they would go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division. Now, anywhere from 2-4 to 4-2 is a good bet.

If you took the same successful Eagles team from past years (with high expectations), then 12-4 predictions suddenly become 10-6 this year because of the improved NFC East.

I think it is all going to come down to the defensive line. If they get consistent pressure, then there is no way this team goes 8-8 barring major injuries.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny
          I think the toughness of the NFC East is leading to all the less than optimistic predictions. While it used to be a good bet that they would go 5-1 or 6-0 in the division. Now, anywhere from 2-4 to 4-2 is a good bet.

If you took the same successful Eagles team from past years (with high expectations), then 12-4 predictions suddenly become 10-6 this year because of the improved NFC East.

I think it is all going to come down to the defensive line. If they get consistent pressure, then there is no way this team goes 8-8 barring major injuries.
          I would say that the team that finishes it the healthiest will win it. Hey, we're not the only team that made improvements in the off season. This thing is going to be a dog fight.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

And don't count on all 3 other NFC East teams being as good or better than they were last year. At least one or possibly two will slip for one reason or another, be it injuries to key players, complacent attitudes, etc.

Remember, everyone and their brother had the Eagles walking away w/ the division at this time last year, and we all saw how THAT worked out.

Comment

Agree 60. I have never seen the NFC East so competitive across the board........never.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
                And don't count on all 3 other NFC East teams being as good or better than they were last year. At least one or possibly two will slip for one reason or another, be it injuries to key players, complacent attitudes, etc.

Remember, everyone and their brother had the Eagles walking away w/ the division at this time last year, and we all saw how THAT worked out.
                That is true also. Bledsoe may not be the hall of famer that he was projected to be. But, the Cowboys would be in a world of hurt without him.

Can you imagine Mike Romo having to throw the ball to T.O. ? T.O. would make the poor guys life a living hell as he tried to take over the huddle.

Comment

Concur, the NFC East should be a trip this year. Regardless of who wins the division, I won't be surprised to hear people saying, "Where the hell did THAT come from?", whether it's a team going on a roll, going into free-fall, or whatever.
                  "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
                  — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
                  - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

I like Didinger, but I have never paid too much attention to him when talking about current teams or players. He just seems to hop on the bandwagon of the national media.

When it comes to Eagles history and stuff like that, he's the man.

Personally I feel this team is going to be very good and win this division. Both our of our lines have been upgraded and I think have the chance to be the best lines in the division on both sides of the ball....of course that is on paper.

You look at the other teams and alot of people in the medial focus on the 'big' moves...Owens, Randel El, Madison etc...Yes, they are good moves and will help those teams. But it all starts up front and that is where I feel we have the advantage. Not to mention the best qb in the division.
                    Theo

Bleedin Green in 117!!

Trey Wingo is still a geek!!

Comment

Didinger was one of my favorites but this offseason he's claiming left and right that we absolutely stink. It's really annoying actually.

I've heard rumors that he was alienated from the team in the SPRING somehow.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Agree 60. I have never seen the NFC East so competitive across the board........never.
                        * I guess you didn't watch the games in 1991 or so?
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by balto-eaglefan

Concur, the NFC East should be a trip this year. Regardless of who wins the division, I won't be surprised to hear people saying, "Where the hell did THAT come from?", whether it's a team going on a roll, going into free-fall, or whatever.
                          if that's the case, then thats the birds

everyone and their mom seems to have written us off
                          Five straight losses, including a crucial one at Dallas on Christmas Day, send them out against Atlanta, needing the win, plus help. -Dr. Z, 8/31/06

Comment

Jukin- flip side goes as well. "I don't understand why people think the Eagles will have a good rebound season. This team did go (jesus, you know, I've blocked it out of my mind, what did we win 5 games last year?). 5-11 in 2005..."

This is a great unknown year. We can go anywhere from 8-8 to 12-4.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPHILLY
                              * I guess you didn't watch the games in 1991 or so?
                              Well yeah, but back then the Cardinals were in the division, too...
                              The definition of insanity is to continually repeat the same action and expect different results.

Thus the Redskins and their fans are, by definition, insane.

Comment

Working...
                              X