Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skins stacked the line and made Brad Johnson and those young WR's beat him

Brad and the WR's did

running Chester just made for manageable 2nd and 3rd downs.

Great job by Childress against a solid run defense

Comment

Kind of reminds me of Ernest Jackson. Like Buddy said, give hime 1,000 carries, he'll give you 1,000 yards.

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
        Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
        Taylor lost almost 5 yards on the last two carries when he was setting up a game winning FG, just keeping the clock running. So it was really more like 29 carries for 94 yards.
        You're kidding right? lmao, if you throw out 2 of his worst carries, you also have to throw out 2 of his best, which skew the stats the other direction. You can't have it both ways in order to prove your point.
        Totally disagree. At the end of the game, the Skins had like 10 guys at the line of scrimmage. That wouldn't happen on any normal play but Taylor wasn't really running to get yards, just to keep the clock moving. He was gang tackled.

Comment

Originally posted by mcnabbmcnow
          Totally disagree. At the end of the game, the Skins had like 10 guys at the line of scrimmage. That wouldn't happen on any normal play but Taylor wasn't really running to get yards, just to keep the clock moving. He was gang tackled.
          So by that logic, any time a team runs a draw play when the defense is thinking pass, those yards should be thrown out too, right?

Comment

It's also a new system to quite a few players, and I'm thinking Childress was trying to minimize mistakes, and although I see your point on the short passing game, I can see where Brad would want to play safe. You don't want to turn the ball over because someone ran a wrong route, or missed an assignment.

Winning ugly is better than losing pretty. It's also funny how if you win a game like that, nobody other than swing questions what you did. If they lose that game, then people are wondering why they kept pounding the ball for minimal yardage, instead of opening things up.

Comment

I thought it was a very good game plan by Childress. He shortened the game by running, minimized mistakes that can come out of the passing game and gave his team a new direction.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
              X