Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Westbrook be a 1000 yard back this season?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will Westbrook be a 1000 yard back this season?

Simple question.

I say yes.

Comment

What you said.

Comment

NOT a simple question. Running? I don't think so. There are a lot of "IFs" but IF Bucky stays healthy - it will be too tempting to give him carries that keep Westy from a 1,000 yard season. 1,000 yards receiving? Perhaps so is he a 1,000 yard back? YES just not the running variety.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc
          NOT a simple question. Running? I don't think so. There are a lot of "IFs" but IF Bucky stays healthy - it will be too tempting to give him carries that keep Westy from a 1,000 yard season. 1,000 yards receiving? Perhaps so is he a 1,000 yard back? YES just not the running variety.
          Steve, you took a simple question and made it complicated.

You could have just said 'no'. :P

He'll have 1000-1100 rushing yards. 500 receiving yards.

Comment

yes!
            socratee.spreadshirt.com

Comment

Originally posted by SwingOnThis
              Originally posted by stevemc
              Steve, you took a simple question and made it complicated.

You could have just said 'no'. :P

He'll have 1000-1100 rushing yards. 500 receiving yards.
              I know - I wanted to be a pain in the ass but your question said "1,000 yard back" not "1,000 yard rusher"

Comment

No

Even if he stays healthy, I don't think Westy manages 1,000 yds rushing. I'm looking at around 800 yds each, rushing and receiving for him. That would be a very solid year. I'm assuming Bucky & company pick up another 700 - 800 yds on the ground. Health of the RB's and how the young guys on the OL jell will really be the keys to AR's renewed emphasis on the run.

I'm cautiously optimistic.

Oh, and as for Mortensen, King and Greenberg's predictions :

DALLAS SUCKS!!!

Comment

1,000 yards isn't that hard to get, and yet it's only happened twice in Reid's tenure. But Westbrook had 800 yards in 13 games before, so it's not that much of a stretch to imagine him getting to 1000. Even if Buckhalter's healthy, I don't see him getting 200 carries or anything. Westbrook should be the clear primary back, and if he stays healthy, should log between 200-250 carries. The key will be improved run blocking. Remember, the unbalanced pass/run calling last year wasn't just because Reid was nuts - it was also because the running game absolutely sucked. Switching out Hicks and Fraley for Herremans and Jackson is a HUGE upgrade for the run game this year, and that is why we'll be seeing more runs called.

Comment

I took him in my keeper league along with Tiki, Jamal Lewis, Moats and Dominic Davis (he was a steal in the 17th round. Next year that pick will pay dividends!!) If Westy puts up 1,000 rushing yards as the #2 back on my team I'll be thrilled!
                    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Reid certainly has his system and believes in the passing game, but another issue with our running game IMO has been its inconsistency...

If the revamped OL and Westy/Bucky can show the running game will work, believe me Reid will call it...

It worked best in 2003 and he called the most balanced ratio if I remember correctly...
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

yes
                        Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                        Playoff Appearances:
                        NFC Title Games:
                        Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

know

Comment

I doubt it, but I see 1600 total yards.

Comment

I think he gets just barely 1000 rushing if he starts every game, and about 500-600 receiving. Buck and Moats will combine for about 700, with McNabb pushing for 200 or so.

Comment

Working...
                              X