Any little distractions are very welcome here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any little distractions are very welcome here

Report: Trainer for Tom Brady has some privileges revoked by Patriots coach Bill Belichick

New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick recently revoked some of the special privileges that had been given to Tom Brady's longtime trainer and business partner, Alex Guerrero, according to a report by The Boston Globe.

The newspaper reported that Belichick reversed course "weeks ago" and that Guerrero is no longer permitted to travel on the team's plane or have access to the sidelines like he has in recent years. The move has "created some friction" within the organization, according to The Boston Globe.

Belichick declined comment when asked about a possible rift with Guerrero during a radio interview Monday. "Yeah, I'm not really going to get into that," he told WEEI.

Brady skirted a similar question when asked about Guerrero on the same station.

“I don’t have any comment on that," Brady said Monday, "other than to say Alex, it’s been well-documented, has been a huge part of what I do and I’m so fortunate to have him not only as a friend, but with everything that we’ve been able to do together.”

ESPN's Adam Schefter said on WEEI last week that he had "heard whispers" about "some sort of issue" between Belichick and Guerrero this season.

Brady has long credited Guerrero's often unorthodox methods for his longevity in the NFL, and the two have worked in tandem to grow Brady's "TB12" brand. They opened the TB12 therapy center near Gillette Stadium in 2013, and The Boston Globe reported that Guerrero has treated a number of Brady's teammates, including Julian Edelman and Rob Gronkowski.

Guerrero also has an office near the Patriots' locker room, but he is now only allowed to treat Brady at that location, according to the newspaper. Other Patriots players can continue receiving treatment, but they must do so at the TB12 center.

Guerrero's relationship with the Patriots has been, and still is, relatively unusual by NFL standards. Though he works closely with Brady and other players, Guerrero is not a team employee, as Belichick pointedly reiterated earlier this season. And as such, his constant presence has previously drawn complaints from the Patriots' medical and training staff, according to a 2015 report from The Boston Globe.

Brady, who turned 40 in August, has nevertheless continued to stand by his trainer and friend.

"Alex has been a huge, huge reason why I’m still playing," he said on WEEI on Monday.

Contact Tom Schad at [email protected] or on Twitter @Tom_Schad.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Brady gets his perks and other teammates must have grew tired of it!

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
      Brady gets his perks and other teammates must have grew tired of it!
      I don’t think that’s it Rob. Brady is obsessed with health and prolonging hi career. He’s got a few other players following his guy too and I think rady’s guy clashes with the team’s trainers. Brady does a lot of stretching and yoga type stuff for flexibility and not the strength training the rest of the team does. He eats all kinds of weird foods too. Obviously it works for him but Bill doesn’t want his other guys doing it. You know who”s going to get the last word there.

Comment

My guess is he is stepping on the TEAM training staff.
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
          My guess is he is stepping on the TEAM training staff.
          There really won’t be any distraction though unfortunately. Brady is the ultimate company man.

Comment

My guess is that if Belicheat wants him gone, it probably means Guerrero overstepped his privilege and stuck his nose where it shouldn’t have been

Comment

Working...
            X