X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tinopuno
    Originally posted by IMK

I don't get to hear AR's PCs and can only go by what I read here and in the on-line Philly papers.
    Try watching the press conferences. Otherwise your scathing diatribe is based only on emotional ignorance. Things like that give Eagles fans a bad rap. Well one Eagle fan anyway. Go to Philadelphiaeagles.com for the post game PC's.

Comment

Honestly... the expression I want from my football players at all times except at the final whistle is ANGER. That's why I like Trot and Dawk so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose
        The way for Reid to "move on" would have been for him to step up and admit he made at least one crucial mistake...the 4th and one call. What does he have to lose by being a man and taking responsibility. His job is certainly in no jeopardy. It provides some cover for the players and casts him as a "stand up guy".

Instead, we get his "business as usual", empty non-responses. His hostile, dismissive attitude when questioned regarding an extremely traumatic loss, for team and fans alike, makes me think less of him as a man and, more importantly, as a coach.

MEMO

TO: Andy Ried

Hey Andy! Excuse the language but, PLEASE... grow the fuck up!!!!

christ allfuckingmighty. why does the coach have to "engage" the fans in some kind of cathartic dialogue? do we really want the coach worrying about babying the feelings of the poor, traumatized fans? isn't it hard enough to win in the NFL without that malarkey? will some of you just grow a set?

i want Big Red thinking about nothing but this week's gameplan for the 49ers.
        LT,

I believe you overstated my point. All I was suggesting was that he step up and address the 4th down call, and then "move on". I fail to see where that argues for a "cahtartic dialogue" with the fans. There is a big difference between pulling a "Dick Vermail" and simply saying, "That was a bad call".

Comment

Originally posted by BuddyRyansBronco
          Originally posted by IMK

I don't get to hear AR's PCs and can only go by what I read here and in the on-line Philly papers.
          Try watching the press conferences. Otherwise your scathing diatribe is based only on emotional ignorance. Things like that give Eagles fans a bad rap. Well one Eagle fan anyway. Go to Philadelphiaeagles.com for the post game PC's.

BRB,

All I can say is "Ouch!", and apologize for giving Bird fans a bad reputation! I will glady cop to poor emotional control...the bane of my existence. And I'm begginning to wish I'd gone out and cut the grass this morning rather than posting.

How should I serve my penance?

Comment

Originally posted by Theo

As for the 4th and 1 comment about wanting AR to hold himself accountable....He did. I believe it was his PC on Monday. Someone asked if he regreted any play calls or something like that, and he said the 4th and 1 play, he should of punted. That's not exact quotes, but it was something along those lines.
            Theo,

If he did, I missed it! And that would make my initial post on this thread WITHOUT MERIT and, therefore, WAY OUT OF LINE.

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea culpa!

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

MEMO

Speak for yourself. I'm an Eagles fan, and I don't care - at all - what Reid says to the press, at any time, ever.

Besides, doesn't the guy constantly accept the blame for anything that goes wrong? You know, the whole 'That's on me' thing?

I normally don't care what AR says to the press either and am generally a big supporter of his. As far as his willingness to "accept the blame for anything that goes wrong", to me, that amounts to avoiding accepting responsibility for any SPECIFIC problem. And when AR speaks to the press, many of whom are certified assholes, it is also his only oppurtunity to speak to the fans base.

I don't get to hear AR's PCs and can only go by what I read here and in the on-line Philly papers. If my impression, that he treated the loss with his "business as usual attitude" is inaccurate, than it's my bad. If my impression is accurate, than I think he passed on a chance to step out from behind his curtain of meaningless platitudes. This wasn't just ANY loss. For any number of reasons, this was as ENORMOUS game...to win, but especially to blow!

BTW,

I'll amend my memo, as I don't want to presume to speak for anyone else but me!
              Tino...

I think what some of us are trying to say is that we have known since 2000 that Reid discusses and handles problems behind closed doors as much as possible and does NOT want to discuss or handle problems in public or through the media...

Thus we are fine with Reid saying nothing and taking general accountability without specifics...in fact we think it is better to do it that way so no dirty laundry is aired and no other rumors start...

As for speaking to the fan base, IMO he and the team believe they can do that best by winning games and not getting into pointing fingers...if the fans need some theraputic seminar after a loss, Reid is not the coach for them...the need for a very short memory and the ability to learn lessons and focus on the next game are vital IMO...

This game IMO is not a big loss...it is a loss. A division loss for sure makes it hurt a bit more, but they have 5 more of those including one against those Giants...this will motivate the team to bury teams when they can better, but otherwise will count no more than 1 in the loss column...

I believe Reid PC's are all on the official site if you want to see/listen to them...
              Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by IMK

BRB,

All I can say is "Ouch!", and apologize for giving Bird fans a bad reputation! I will glady cop to poor emotional control...the bane of my existence. And I'm begginning to wish I'd gone out and cut the grass this morning rather than posting.

Sorry, but Fresh did suggest we "let it rip". I guess I had reached my limit on the Reid bashing. Please don't take it personal, it has been a bad week for all of us. We will all be passing out the high fives soon enough, I am sure of it.

Comment

flaming zulu
                  Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Sorry, but Fresh did suggest we "let it rip". I guess I had reached my limit on the Reid bashing. Please don't take it personal, it has been a bad week for all of us. We will all be passing out the high fives soon enough, I am sure of it.
                    BRB,

No harm, No foul! And you're right, it has been a tough week. BTW, props for the "scathing diatribe" line. If I'm going to be called out, I like it done in style!

Comment

The way for Reid to "move on" would have been for him to step up and admit he made at least one crucial mistake...the 4th and one call. What does he have to lose by being a man and taking responsibility. His job is certainly in no jeopardy. It provides some cover for the players and casts him as a "stand up guy".

Instead, we get his "business as usual", empty non-responses. His hostile, dismissive attitude when questioned regarding an extremely traumatic loss, for team and fans alike, makes me think less of him as a man and, more importantly, as a coach.

MEMO

Of all of the posts that I've read on this board since I got here, this might be the one that makes the least sense to me. Sounds like someone does need to grow up, but I'm not sure it's Andy Reid.

Comment

YPCM,, you're a bit late to the party--- please see... http://forums.sportscolumn.com/viewtopic.php?t=3193

Comment

The thing that bothered me about the whole thing is McNabb serioulsy didn't know that was a penalty. He bend down as to go under the center and then pulled back quickley that is a false start period. Yes Peyton Manning does that alot also but Donovan Mcnabb is not Peyton or Eli Manning so thus he will never get the benefit of the officating calls that both of them get.
                          Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

"Yes Peyton Manning does that a lot also but Donovan Mcnabb is not Peyton or Eli Manning so thus he will never get the benefit of the officating calls that both of them get. "

Not sure here, sorta confused -- is it a penalty or not? Just not on Peyton? So obviously it has to be a close call and not a slam dunk, NO?

As for Mcnabb(I think this is going on on two threads now) my 2 cents sez it was stupid, if you want to see the D, you go under center and then you can back away, that is not a foul, but jerking around like he did was perceived to be intentionally trying to trick the D into commiting a foul.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN
                              "Yes Peyton Manning does that a lot also but Donovan Mcnabb is not Peyton or Eli Manning so thus he will never get the benefit of the officating calls that both of them get. "

Not sure here, sorta confused -- is it a penalty or not? Just not on Peyton? So obviously it has to be a close call and not a slam dunk, NO?

As for Mcnabb(I think this is going on on two threads now) my 2 cents sez it was stupid, if you want to see the D, you go under center and then you can back away, that is not a foul, but jerking around like he did was perceived to be intentionally trying to trick the D into commiting a foul.
                              Its a slam dunk for anyone not named Manning. The new darlings of the NFL.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X