#3 Pick Dante Fowler Out For Season ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• #3 Pick Dante Fowler Out For Season ?

Early reports are he tore his ACL today in rookie practice. If true, that sucks. More to come I'm sure.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Dante Fowler to miss rookie season with ACL tear

By Marc Sessler

• By Marc Sessler

In a crushing turn of events for the Jaguars, the team's first-round pass rusher has been lost for the year with the torn left ACL he suffered during Jacksonville's first rookie minicamp session on Friday, a source close to the situation told NFL Media columnist Michael Silver.
    Fowler was carted off the field after tumbling to the ground during 11-on-11 drills. The No. 3 overall pick grasped at his left knee before trainers descended to examine him and ultimately cart the defender away.
    "Brutal," was the word general manager David Caldwell texted Silver, not understating the blow to a Jaguars defense that hoped Fowler would help them flip the switch.
    Fowler was paired up against rookie offensive lineman Watts Dantzler when the knee bent awkwardly below him.
    "I went to apologize to him (Fowler) and he was like, 'You're good, man. It's just football,'" Dantzler told ESPN's Michael DiRocco.
    Hailing from Florida, Fowler was already talked about as a Defensive Rookie of the Year candidate, with NFL Media's Daniel Jeremiah calling him a pass rusher who "plays as hard as anyone in this draft class."
    The rookie was set to see major time at Jacksonville's Leo position, furnishing this young defense with a high-motor edge rusher capable of blowing up the pocket. After the Jaguars finished sixth in the league last season with 45 sacks, Fowler was being counted on to help tug this long-lost club out of oblivion in the AFC South.
    Instead, Jacksonville's season is off to an inglorious start.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Just no luck for the Jags.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Talk about bad luck. Both for the player and the team. I hope he is able to come back and be the player they thought he could be.
        As for the cowgirl rookies--they can all break a leg
        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
        Hope is not a strategy
        RIP

Comment

The sad thing is this kid could be labeled a bust now if he doesn't come back all the way. That's unfair to him as it was to Ki Jana Carter and Andre Wadsworth.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Working...
          X