Rookie WR Jordan Mathews > Riley Cooper and his contract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rookie WR Jordan Mathews > Riley Cooper and his contract

anyone know the cap implications if we cut Cooper in the off-season?

I know we just signed him to that contract, so I imagine the hit isn't pretty?

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    anyone know the cap implications if we cut Cooper in the off-season?

I know we just signed him to that contract, so I imagine the hit isn't pretty?
    I don't think he gets cut Dawk. Chip seems to like him. I guess Huff could push him out, but that may take awhile. Maybe he just gets a pay cut. Even he must know his contract is ridiculous.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

He will be a very expensive 4th WR very soon. I don't think he gets cut after this year, but there is no way he is on the team without a significant salary cut after next season, IMO.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Cooper is a decent downfield blocker and is one of those red zone matchup problems Kelly likes. His signing seems more like a " we weren't sure what we'd get in the draft, and Riley can play now". He's more reliable than Huff right now, but that could change quickly. Next off-season he's probably traded for some picks as the Maclin signing will squeeze out his cap number.

Comment

Agreed, he's i. No immediate danger. But if we get Maclin re signed, and if the young WRs continue to develop, his snaps will drop and he will be phased out.....kinda like Avant was.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Working...
          X