Sanchez vs. Foles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sanchez vs. Foles

This is becoming a very close contest and I think we can only hope that both guys are back next year to battle for the No. 1 spot.

I'm still in the Foles camp because I think he has a lot of improvement ahead of him. Last year was a fluke, but I believe he's better than he has shown this year and some of his struggles can be attributed to the poor o-line play for much of the season with him under center. He developed some poor habits as a result of seeing the rush coming at him play after play - particularly a very bad tendency to backpedal almost immediately coming out of the snap.

But Sanchez is beginning to grow on me. I love the faster tempo he brings to the offense -- Foles should be paying close attention to that. And I like his mobility. His ability to take off a few times a game on the outside and inside zone reads keeps the defense honest and opens things up for McCoy. If he cuts down on the bonehead INT's between now and the end of the year, it's going to be a very tough decision going forward for Kelly.

In any event, I don't see Kelly changing horses when Foles gets cleared if Sanchez is still playing at a high level. It's his job to lose for the rest of the year.

I do think we would have seen an uptick in Foles' production over these past few weeks as the o-line stabilized. Gardner over Tobin has really helped a lot. So I'm still in the Foles camp once we get to the offseason. But I want them both back.
    Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Nice problem for Chip to have, not many Teams in the NFL have that luxury. I agree that Sanchez has done a nice job with the "read,option" but just needs to cut down on the turnovers.
    The way Sanchez is playing I can see a # of Teams in "need" of a QB giving him a really nice deal but, for now, let's see how this plays out.
    GO BIRDS!!!
    Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

They both turn the ball over like crazy. Right now I'm in the Sanchez camp, but that could change facing the ferocious Seattle defense. He really needs to show up big Sunday.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I don't think they go back with Foles this year. It will take a while for him to be back to game speed and Sanchez is working.

Comment

I've watched a lot of Mariotta the last couple of weeks. I know he will be long gone by the time we draft but, man, he would thrive on our team. He knows when to take off, he's big, throws a decent long ball, runs the ofense fast, and he doesn't turn the ball over. If I'm Chip, I see how the board plays out and see what the cost is to move up. The reason I'd do this is that I am not completely sold on Nick and I think that Sanchez is not a long term solution as I think we are seeing his ceiling.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet Turf View Post
            I've watched a lot of Mariotta the last couple of weeks. I know he will be long gone by the time we draft but, man, he would thrive on our team. He knows when to take off, he's big, throws a decent long ball, runs the ofense fast, and he doesn't turn the ball over. If I'm Chip, I see how the board plays out and see what the cost is to move up. The reason I'd do this is that I am not completely sold on Nick and I think that Sanchez is not a long term solution as I think we are seeing his ceiling.

Unless he drops out of the top 10, Mariotta is a pipe dream. The cost of moving up from the mid 20s, where they will almost certainly be picking, into the top 5 or so, will be prohibitive.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
              Unless he drops out of the top 10, Mariotta is a pipe dream. The cost of moving up from the mid 20s, where they will almost certainly be picking, into the top 5 or so, will be prohibitive.
              Wasn't Mariotta thrown off the team for awhile? I seem to remember something to that effect.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                They both turn the ball over like crazy. Right now I'm in the Sanchez camp, but that could change facing the ferocious Seattle defense. He really needs to show up big Sunday.

Exactly. I thought Sanchez played a fantastic game, and one I would think he is capable of reproducing regularly, last week. However, he faces a real solid defense this week with Seattle, and we will see if that was a mirage or not. If he continues to improve and performs similarly to last week, then this is Sanchez job....until he is signed by another team.
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH View Post
                  Exactly. I thought Sanchez played a fantastic game, and one I would think he is capable of reproducing regularly, last week. However, he faces a real solid defense this week with Seattle, and we will see if that was a mirage or not. If he continues to improve and performs similarly to last week, then this is Sanchez job....until he is signed by another team.
                  I think that he's in the driver's seat right now Fresh. If he continues to do he job I think he gets a nice payday here. It's almost like the Cooper situation last year. Both sides needed each other and were more valuable to each other than other teams.

Comment

The difficulty is the contract. Do you give it to Sanchez and then let them battle? No one here knows them--would one be willing to be backup as Sanchez was this year (and the reason he was backup is so he could get his rep back). I still believe Foles will have a better long term but it doesn't matter to me which one is QB as long as they are successful.
                    Mariotta isn't happening so it really doesn't matter to me if he is good or not.
                    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                    Hope is not a strategy
                    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
                      The difficulty is the contract. Do you give it to Sanchez and then let them battle? No one here knows them--would one be willing to be backup as Sanchez was this year (and the reason he was backup is so he could get his rep back). I still believe Foles will have a better long term but it doesn't matter to me which one is QB as long as they are successful.
                      Mariotta isn't happening so it really doesn't matter to me if he is good or not.

Not where we're picking for sure. I wouldn't at all be surprised if both Nick and Mark are back next year. The offense is made for Sanchez, and Nick really didn't light it up this year. It's not like other teams will look at them as starters. Both of their futures are better served in Philly. Foles is already under contract for next year, so if anybody is going to get paid it's Sanchez, and these next few games will determine that.

Comment

OK here's my first 2015 draft prediction.... the Redskins trade RGIII and their 1st pick to Oakland to move up for Mariotta. This gives Gruden "his" guy to groom and his hope is that they can move Cousins next year for additional picks to stabilize the o-line and protect Mariotta. Unfortunately for Gruden he forgot who he works for and Danny trades those picks away for the next "big thing" a pass rushing DT who instead becomes known as the Mike Mamula of the Redskins. The skins improve to 5-11 next year and peek at 8-8. Mariotta is traded away in 3 years and the process continues for the next 50 years. Jukin has spoken. So let it be....
                        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                          OK here's my first 2015 draft prediction.... the Redskins trade RGIII and their 1st pick to Oakland to move up for Mariotta. This gives Gruden "his" guy to groom and his hope is that they can move Cousins next year for additional picks to stabilize the o-line and protect Mariotta. Unfortunately for Gruden he forgot who he works for and Danny trades those picks away for the next "big thing" a pass rushing DT who instead becomes known as the Mike Mamula of the Redskins. The skins improve to 5-11 next year and peek at 8-8. Mariotta is traded away in 3 years and the process continues for the next 50 years. Jukin has spoken. So let it be....
                          It very well could happen if Oakland is convinced Carr is their guy. Then again, being close to Oregon they could be in love with Mariotta too. One thing IS certain. Nothing these two dysfunctional franchises do would surprise anybody!

Comment

I really can't see Foles and Sanchez both back next year. Chip is going to want to groom someone as his franchise QB. Neither Foles or Sanchez is in IMO. Either can be a bridge to a draft pick/young acquisition.

Comment

Originally posted by stevemc View Post
                              I really can't see Foles and Sanchez both back next year. Chip is going to want to groom someone as his franchise QB. Neither Foles or Sanchez is in IMO. Either can be a bridge to a draft pick/young acquisition.
                              If that's the case Steve then it would be Nick as he is shrill under contract. I don't know where this franchise guy is going to come from though.

Comment

Working...
                              X