Eagles 11 and 5 this year

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles 11 and 5 this year

OK my 1st. real post, I think the birds go 11 and 5.
    with division games going the eagles way
    pukes 2-0
    skins2-0
    gnats1-1

Re: Eagles 11 and 5 this year

Has this predicition been sanctioned by MDFAN????

He's gonna be pissed, ya know?

I generally like to see some phake, phoney preseason games before I start making predictions. Basically see a little bit of the new pieces, plus see who's made it thru camp healthy. But I think most of us would hapily take your record. Puts us in the playoffs with a chance......
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

I'd take that in a heartbeat and I really hope it goes that way but until I see something on the field I can see 7-9 just as easily. I have high hopes for the D this year just have to see what DMac is going to bring. On to camp
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

Gotta see how the noob's play in camp, and muchoooo depends on healthy(Captain Obvious here) but I can see them at 11 and 5 or even 12 and 4.

I think this may be the most balanced team --- D, O and ST's --- they have put together in years!

(((Hmm, Aspeneagle once again doesn't follow rules, I do the prediction threads, strike two? )))

Comment

I'm going to jump the gun here. 14-2 and a run to the SB. This is a spirited bunch,for once we will have field position in our favor. The O will not need to go 80-85 yards to score. The defense is going to shock the shit out of us and rank in the top 5. Jackson,Curtis,Brown, Smith , Westbrook, and Booker that's more speed and weapons than we have seen. The O will score at a record pace and the D will be outstanding. I've got wood.I wish it all started tomorrow.
          We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

If Westy, McNabb and the Oline all stay reasonably healthy 11-5 is most probable. If we get hurt up front, then we are in real trouble because for once we don't have a lot behind our front line OL guys.
            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters
              If Westy, McNabb and the Oline all stay reasonably healthy 11-5 is most probable. If we get hurt up front, then we are in real trouble because for once we don't have a lot behind our front line OL guys.
              I really disagree with this AW. There is a lot of depth at the guard positions. Perhaps you are leery of the OT spot but they have both Andrews and Herremans primed to move outside if the need arises. With Jean-Gilles and Young inside - I think the line is in decent shape.

Comment

Man you guys are much more optimistic than I am. Maybe i need preseason to get here so I feel better about this team.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan
                  Man you guys are much more optimistic than I am. Maybe i need preseason to get here so I feel better about this team.

I dunno SF, this was an 8 and 8 club last year --- with all of the bad things that happened. I look at the off season moves, trades and draft, look at a healthy LJ and #5 and I gotta think we got 3 games better?

Comment

I think that is about right 11-5.

Remember, we were a late score away from beating Chicago.

We hit the upright to send the Giants game into OT.

We had the Patriots on the run for 3 quarters.

A.J. Feeley single handidly lost the game to the Seahawks.

We punt fumbled away the Packers game.

Our legitimate we weren't in the game losses were to the Giants, the Cowboys and the Redskins.

You could make this case with a lot of NFL teams, but we were really close last year to being 11-5 or 12-4.

The defense is going to be WAY better this year with youth all over the place and more depth in the secondary.

The WRs are going to be improved as will the TEs and options to throw to out of the backfield with Booker.

The whole key to me is the health of Runyan/Williams Thomas.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters
                      I think that is about right 11-5.

Remember, we were a late score away from beating Chicago.

We hit the upright to send the Giants game into OT.

We had the Patriots on the run for 3 quarters.

A.J. Feeley single handidly lost the game to the Seahawks.

We punt fumbled away the Packers game.

Our legitimate we weren't in the game losses were to the Giants, the Cowboys and the Redskins.

You could make this case with a lot of NFL teams, but we were really close last year to being 11-5 or 12-4.

The defense is going to be WAY better this year with youth all over the place and more depth in the secondary.

The WRs are going to be improved as will the TEs and options to throw to out of the backfield with Booker.

The whole key to me is the health of Runyan/Williams Thomas.
                      Even as bad as the Birds looked in the first Giants game and first Redskins game, we were still right there late in the 4th quarter.
                      Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Working...
                      X