CBS Sportsline Mid-Season Grade: C

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CBS Sportsline Mid-Season Grade: C

It's rare when you can see the air being taken out of a team's season, but that sssssssss sound recently was the Red Sox being swept three games in Yankee Stadium. Despite the additions of Curt Schilling and Keith Foulke, the Red Sox remain the Washington Generals to the Yankees' Harlem Globetrotters. Even the addition of Nomar Garciaparra didn't spark the Red Sox. Unless they show more than they have so far, the Sox are playing for the AL wild-card spot. Last week's sweep of Oakland in Fenway Park helped some.
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

Yes, I agree. I can't believe we still can't get it done even with Foulke and Schilling. I was really expecting them to be a much better team, but apparentyl not. Unless we get on a winning streak of more than 3 or 4 games, you're right, Wildcard race.

Comment

We are now getting it done!

Comment

I still don't think the Sox will catch the Yanks. Barring a horrible breakdown from New York or Boston goes undefeated the rest of the season.
        http://www.canuckheaven.com/upload/canttouch.jpg

Comment

Re: CBS Sportsline Mid-Season Grade: C

Originally posted by Fantasy Guru
          Even the addition of Nomar Garciaparra didn't spark the Red Sox.
          Come on, how do they get something like that wrong. I also don't think it's a race between the Yankees and Red Sox.

Comment

Well, we're only 6.5 games back, if we win some games and the yanks lose some, then we'll be like 4.5, and then, I think it will come down to the last 6 games we play against eachother.

Comment

Working...
            X