Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jerry Jones clears everything up

From PFT:

It's clear based on Jones' post-game comments that something big is coming.

"There are a lot of people here who are certainly going to suffer and suffer consequences,(1)" Jones said, per our former PFT colleague (and yet ESPN hired him anyway) Tim MacMahon of ESPNDallas.com. "I'm talking about within the team -- players, coaches who have got careers. This is certainly a setback. I know firsthand what it is to have high expectations. I think unquestionably that our expectations were thinking we're something we were not, possibly looking at what might be relative to a Super Bowl. All of those things have certainly contributed early." (2)

"But we have so many things that we need to correct and address, as this game so vividly exposed and previous games have. I've got a lot of work to do, got a lot of decisions to make. And it's not just one, two, three or four. There are several de
    cisions. I think everybody in this country
    would agree that there's a lot wrong with this team(3) that we've got to address, and I'm certainly the one to address it."

So what's the problem? "I can't put my finger on it because I don't have enough fingers," Jones said.

Despite his gifts for precision and clarity when he speaks, it would have been helpful if these follow up questions were asked of Jerrah:
    (1) Jerry, as far as 'a lot of people suffering'. will you be satisfied with having only coaches tortured or must entire families be drawn and quartered.

(2) Jerry, for those many fans who aren't smart enough to appreciate your eloquence, could you restate what you just said but this time pretend you haven't just drunk 27 martinis.

(3)Jerry, we just checked and, believe it or not, there are actually a couple people in the country who don't give a shit about the Cowboys.

I bet he fired Phillips and promotes Garrett. If Garrett can win 3/4 of the remaining games. (And given the talent on the roster, he should), then he can have the job next year.

If he doesn't, then there will be a wholesale house cleaning.

Comment

Well, if you watched Wades post game PC, he looked like a defeated man. No way can a team follow that guy as their leader. JJ has to make a change...can't hurt at this point.
      http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
        So what's the problem? "I can't put my finger on it because I don't have enough fingers," Jones said.

You don't? Well come to Philly and we'll all give you the finger! That's just how helpful we try to be in the City of Brotherly Love!
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Don't you ever wonder how such a dumbass like Jerry Jones can be so rich?
          "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Not really. He got his money when he sold his soul......
            Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
            Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by stocknowledge View Post
              Don't you ever wonder how such a dumbass like Jerry Jones can be so rich?
              You don't have to be smart to be rich, just driven and greedy with a sprinkling of shrewed
              Sonny J

Comment

"It's no trick to make a lot of money if all you want to do is to make a lot of money."

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  I bet he fired Phillips and promotes Garrett. If Garrett can win 3/4 of the remaining games. (And given the talent on the roster, he should), then he can have the job next year.

If he doesn't, then there will be a wholesale house cleaning.
                  I sure HOPE he hires Garrett. He's the co-coach now and their offense is a mess. He's the biggest myth on the planet.
                  "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

If he hires Garrett, it means he has learned nothing and it was true he only brought Parcells in so he could get his new stadium funded and built i.e. he does not want a good coach, just a pliable one who will dance to his tune and let him take all the credit...

As E60 says, I hope he does that, in fact I will jump for joy because with a good coach who stands up to Jerry and demands performance, that team would be very very dangerous
                    Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

your wishes have been granted.

Comment

Working...
                      X