Gary Carter Passes Away

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary Carter Passes Away

One of the best C to play the game IMO. Alltime Philly killer,didn't like him,but respected him.RIP
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

R.I.P. Gary Carter

I hated him as a player - because he was so good. No one could frame a pitch better than he. God rest his soul - he died too early.
    "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

He was one of the greats whose biggest flaw in the game was the uniform he wore. R.I.P.
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Agree, great player & 57 from a brain tumor is way too young. When the Big Man Upstairs turns the page, that's it. Carpe Diem, seize the day & enjoy the moment. R.I.P. Gary Carter.
        Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

I understand the uniform problem but as a player and as a person, Carter was one of the few elite role models in recent history. 100% effort, always smiling, great team mate, talented and clutch. Other than the uniform he wore, you had to root for the human being named Gary Carter during his baseball career and after.

Comment

Well said, VT!
            "Nobody in football should be called a genius. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theismann

Comment

Great player, great guy. To go at 57 from a brain tumor, just too young.
              R.I.P. Gary Carter.

Comment

Vet Turf: Well said. Rest in Peace, Mr. Carter.

Comment

Was reading a medical journey about the repercussions of Astro Turf. Apparently, the effects of petrochemicals over a long time are not good. Anybody wonder why no fields have Astr Turf anymore? Just sayin but, it makes you scratch your head. If any validation of the effects of Astro Turf come true, can you imagine that class action suit?

Comment

Carter was 1 of the guys you hated to see in the batters box in crunch time.He was 1 of those guys you hated but would love to see on your team,much respect.RIP
                    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                    X