Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So Long Ryne

The first of many moves

They're a mess from top to bottom. How the org that had so much going for it a few years ago went to hell so fast is beyond me but I can't help but to blame Amaro.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Amaro should be castrated. I like Ryno, but other than Hamels, he's had a AAA lineup all season . Utley and Howard are pretty much done other than the 3-5 days they get hot every month.
      We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

That was a great press conference yesterday. Welcome Andy MacPhail, welcome sabremetrics, welcome to the party John Middleton and goodbye Ruben (eventually). They drew me back in yesterday with the message they are sending.

Comment

Yea, it is a stale program that needs a real jump start. It would be a shame to see kids with talent go bad because of the bad team. I hate to see Hamels, who could have had a great career, wind up a has been but maybe the attitudes of he, Utley, et al are old and stale. Let me see Franco leading other youngsters in a rejuvenation.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
            They're a mess from top to bottom. How the org that had so much going for it a few years ago went to hell so fast is beyond me but I can't help but to blame Amaro.
            +

It's enough to make you weep.

I'm sure Amaro is not solely responsible but his incompetence as an evaluator of talent, as a horse trader and as an allocator of salary money is abundantly clear.

And he's apparently an arrogant prick to boot!

Comment

Working...
            X