Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cole No No

Congrats and goodbye
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Big Congrats. I'm a Cole fan and happy to see him get success so I will be sorry to see him pitch in any other uniform. Having said that I have seen others leave but I have never lost my Phils fever so if he leaves he leaves. Someone else will come along.
    But I blame having to get rid of him on Amaro---just as I blame the rest of the fall from on high.
    Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
    Hope is not a strategy
    RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post
      Big Congrats. I'm a Cole fan and happy to see him get success so I will be sorry to see him pitch in any other uniform. Having said that I have seen others leave but I have never lost my Phils fever so if he leaves he leaves. Someone else will come along.
      But I blame having to get rid of him on Amaro---just as I blame the rest of the fall from on high.
      Could not have said it better.

Comment

and the only thing this crew will get for Hamels, Papelbon and anyone they trade is a good screwing. I have no faith whatsoever.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle` View Post

Hat's of to Cole Hammels for his achievement yesterday and through out his time with the Phils!

Good luck to him wherever he goes. He can't hurt the PHils because he'll very likely be out of baseball before we contend again.

As to what Amaro will get in trade....

All Phillies' fans should probably apply ample KY Jelly in preparation for another Amaro orchestrated butt reaming.

My skin crawls every time I look at Amaro's smug face. Of the far too many Philadelphia front office officials and head coaches/managers who have done mediocre to poor jobs in the 60 years I've been infected with the terminal disease of 'Philly Fanaticism', Amaro has to stand among the very worst.

While he's had help from other incompetents, certainly in devastating the minor league program, he has to take almost sole responsibility for he current sadly pathetic state of the ML club. What he's done is unforgivable!

His chronically poor talent evaluation (sure the scouting stunk but who is responsible for the scouting), his poor trading history in terms of getting comparable value, the bloated contracts given to older 'star' players because it was the 'easy' way out, the poorly considered decisions to acquire/dispose of 'talent' (he's either lazy, not very bright, VERY poorly informed or a combination of all) would seem to have been without ANY underlying, organizing plan or long term strategy. It's more like he's been in a years long, impulse guided crap game, with him wearing a blind fold and trusting his opponents to honestly keep him informed of the 'roll'.

I, of course, do not know this for a fact, but one can logically assume the GMs around the league have little respect for him and regard him as an easy mark.

His arrogant, often stupid, responses to fan and media voiced questions and disappointment has his bad situation in Philly much worse. Couldn't he at least summon up some humility, even if not truly felt, and admit he's made some mistakes. (He may not be a good horse trader or contract negotiator but he sure has awful people skills).

Maybe he's a good father and his dog loves him. I hope he's effective and appreciated in some aspects of his life because major league baseball ain't it!

RANT OVER!

Comment

Working...
          X