No announcement yet.

Barkley is a stud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Barkley is the best college back I have ever seen play. However, if he goes to the Giants with there o line he will struggle. A bad oline can make a stud back look ordinary.
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by rspurr View Post
      But how does he compare to Mamula?

Well played rspurr. Mamula was drafted too high but he had a motor and gave the effort. Wasn't big enough strong enough or fast enough to do it on his own. He sure does get the razzing though-- he will live in Eagle lore forever
      Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
      Hope is not a strategy
      RIP

Comment

I hope the Giants get Barkley because the alternative is them getting a franchise QB and we do NOT want that! We all know that the Eagles future turned 180 degrees when we drafted Wentz and the Giants are a dumpster fire right now. As taz said their o-line will put Barkley in a bad spot and it is easy to see hm struggling for the next year or two while they try to rebuild the line. Using s high pick next year on a QB helps deplete their ability to build that line. Whoever they get next year isn’t as likely to be as good as Darnold looks to be. Let them take Barkley and keep Eli another year past his expiration date.

I guess the perfect scenario is Darnold to the Browns and Rosen to the Giants with Rosen struggling and being labeled a bust.
        Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
        Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
          I hope the Giants get Barkley because the alternative is them getting a franchise QB and we do NOT want that! We all know that the Eagles future turned 180 degrees when we drafted Wentz and the Giants are a dumpster fire right now. As taz said their o-line will put Barkley in a bad spot and it is easy to see hm struggling for the next year or two while they try to rebuild the line. Using s high pick next year on a QB helps deplete their ability to build that line. Whoever they get next year isn’t as likely to be as good as Darnold looks to be. Let them take Barkley and keep Eli another year past his expiration date.

I guess the perfect scenario is Darnold to the Browns and Rosen to the Giants with Rosen struggling and being labeled a bust.
          Let them take one of those guys. Who knows if either of them will be any good? We know Barkly is going to be good.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Contrary to expectations, Rosen reportedly struggled with accuracy at the Combine. Allen, OTOH, was consistently more accurate with short, medium and long passes than many expected. I hope that showing doesn't lessen Rosen's appeal to the Gnats.

With a significant number of Jewish fans in the greater metropolitan NYC area, the idea of a successful Jewish QB has to really intrigue ownership/management of both the Gnats and the Jets and could be an element in well reasoned draft decisions. Imagine a real star QB in NYC who is Jewish. Sandy Koufax didn't blossom until after the Bums left Brooklyn for LA, but even as a raw, control challenged 20 year old he was the toast of the town in his 3 seasons there. Quiet, well brought up and well behaved Sandy never exploited his celebrity.

As the new GM with the #2 overall pick, Getteman is under big pressure to get this one right. Barkley is probably the safer pick, but I'd like to see the Gnats take either Rosen or Mayfield. (We can only dream of having Barkley.)

In the best of all worlds, the Gnats take Mayfied, who has real talent but also real potential to be an asshole. He and Beckham together could be really 'entertaining' (in a good way for us) as they compete for air time, ink and oxygen in media oversaturated NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by tinopuno View Post
              Contrary to expectations, Rosen reportedly struggled with accuracy at the Combine. Allen, OTOH, was consistently more accurate with short, medium and long passes than many expected. I hope that showing doesn't lessen Rosen's appeal to the Gnats.

With a significant number of Jewish fans in the greater metropolitan NYC area, the idea of a successful Jewish QB has to really intrigue ownership/management of both the Gnats and the Jets and could be an element in well reasoned draft decisions. Imagine a real star QB in NYC who is Jewish. Sandy Koufax didn't blossom until after the Bums left Brooklyn for LA, but even as a raw, control challenged 20 year old he was the toast of the town.

As the new GM with the #2 overall pick, Getteman is under big pressure to get this one right. Barkley is probably the safer pick, but I'd like to see the Gnats take either Rosen or Mayfield. (We can only dream of having Barkley.)

In the best of all worlds, the Gnats take Mayfield, who has real talent but also real potential to be an asshole. He and Beckham together could be really 'entertaining' (in a good way for us) as they compete for air time, ink and oxygen in media oversaturated NYC.

I don't know if I could stomach the endless highlights of those two. The QB controversy would be delightful though.

Comment

The Mayfield deal would be good. I don't think either Darnold or Rosen will be anything more than an average NFL QB. Allen has the talent but like Wentz there is a risk of taking someone from WY although he did play pro style offense there. I'd really like to see NY wind up with Rosen or Darnold or a bust lineman.
                Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                Hope is not a strategy
                RIP

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
                  29 reps, 41" vertical , 4.41 forty and cutting on a dime. I hope he goes before the Giants pick
                  I checked on Mamula myself. He was one of the first players to have their stock ridiculously high because of a great combine.

He benched 225 pounds 28 times, he had a vertical jump of 38.5 inches, and he exploded for a 4.58 time in the 40. I wasn't there that day, but I can imagine that the floor of the RCA Dome was littered with the dislocated jaws of NFL personnel.
                  Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I checked on Mamula myself. He was one of the first players to have their stock ridiculously high because of a great combine.

He benched 225 pounds 28 times, he had a vertical jump of 38.5 inches, and he exploded for a 4.58 time in the 40. I wasn't there that day, but I can imagine that the floor of the RCA Dome was littered with the dislocated jaws of NFL personnel.
                    Most players in those days didn't train specifically for the combine. Mamula was one of the first -- and after that almost everyone started doing it. He got Ray Rhodes' attention, that was for sure. Of course Warren Sapp was on the board too.

Comment

He was the first guy to ever train for the test! That came out when they interviewed him. Nobody had ever done that before. You didn't have to pass a piss test back then either.

Comment

Working...
                      X