No announcement yet.

Linebacker?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We definitely have Jenkins lining up as a hybrid LB. I can't say that I personally love it.

Regardless, depth is thin at LB no matter how we want to twist it

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
      We definitely have Jenkins lining up as a hybrid LB. I can't say that I personally love it.

Regardless, depth is thin at LB no matter how we want to twist it
      I'm hoping that Gerry is ready to step up there and let Jenkins just play safety this year.
      "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

For whatever it's worth, Kendrick's release surely happened BEFORE Worrilow got injuried (the announcement of Kendrick's release just didn't happen until just after, so it seemed), but I'm thinking Kendricks would have gotten released regardless of Worrilow's injury.

There have been whispers since they signed Corey Nelson that he was brought in to play in front of Kendricks. And considering the Eagles only play the 3rd LB about 25% of the time, keeping a $6M insurance policy (Kendricks) if they already liked Corey Nelson better anyway didn't make much sense. I'm guessing they gave up trying to get something/anything for Kendricks and when they realized that just wasn't happening, they let Kendricks go.

They may have used 6/1 as the deadline since if they make this effective post-June 1st, they save a large majority of his salary.

Comment

I did read somewhere it is a post June 1st cut.
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

The Eagles are rumored to be bringing in Navarro Bowman and Brian Cushing for a workout today. My guess is one of those will be signed as the replacement for Worrilow.

For what its worth I would take Bowman and the cap space they are getting over keeping Kendricks. Bowman is a true middle linebacker and a good backup to Hicks. Not so sure if Cushing has anything left .

As for the weakside I think that Schwartz likes that to be more of a big safety type position a guy who can flat out cover. Watch out for Gerry there, as well as maybe another safety is signed and Jenkins playing there some. They really like Nelson etc.

If they can get Bowman I think their depth is actually better than before yesterday. Bowman is a better player than Kendricks although Kendricks is younger.
            Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
              The Eagles are rumored to be bringing in Navarro Bowman and Brian Cushing for a workout today. My guess is one of those will be signed as the replacement for Worrilow.

For what its worth I would take Bowman and the cap space they are getting over keeping Kendricks. Bowman is a true middle linebacker and a good backup to Hicks. Not so sure if Cushing has anything left .

As for the weakside I think that Schwartz likes that to be more of a big safety type position a guy who can flat out cover. Watch out for Gerry there, as well as maybe another safety is signed and Jenkins playing there some. They really like Nelson etc.

If they can get Bowman I think their depth is actually better than before yesterday. Bowman is a better player than Kendricks although Kendricks is younger.
              Bradham is a nice MLB too. I think that Gerry or Hill need to step up myself. These kids have to play sometime or they're gone.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Looks like they didn't sign either Cushing or Bowman and went with an undrafted rookie out of Arkansas State Kyle Wilson.
                Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                X