No announcement yet.

Yes!!! I miss Phillies talk...anyway...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes!!! I miss Phillies talk...anyway...

...Corey Lidle needs to go.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Add anyone not named Utley, Howard, Myers, Rowand, & Hamels as well.

Comment

Ok.
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by Will
        Add anyone not named Utley, Howard, Myers, Rowand, & Hamels as well.
        Flash Gordon can also stay.

Comment

Not sure why Rowand is untouchable. He hasn't been lighting the world on fire while Victorino would be a decent replacement if the right offer was made for Rowand.

Comment

I agree. It may be worth looting the ChiSox by sending Roward back while his value is high.

I know the "leader" crap that everyone loves but Victorino is playing solid and if we could get top minor league pitching talent and say Garland let's roll.
            Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
            Playoff Appearances:
            NFC Title Games:
            Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Plus a Delucci spot start in the OF is fine by me as well.

Comment

Yep.

Then ship Abreu and Lieberthal to the Yankees for Eric Duncan and Philip Hughes.
                Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                Playoff Appearances:
                NFC Title Games:
                Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Don't get carried away with the Yankees hype machine. That's all they have and Eric Duncan is not all that he's made out to be.

He's still young (21 until December) but he hit .234 with a .734 OPS at AA last year. He started at AAA this year and promptly batted .209 until he was sent down to AA again last week. He's batting .250 at AA currently.

Comment

I would do an Abreu (and no cash) to the Angels for Ervin Santana though. Or if it's Abreu + cash - then give me Santana plus a prospect from one of the top minor league systems in the league.

Then I'd suggest:

Victorino/Delucci (platoon)
                    Utley
                    Burrell
                    Howard
                    Rowand
                    Rollins
                    Bell
                    Lieberthal/Fasano

Rotation:

Myers
                    Hamels
                    Santana
                    Lieber
                    Lidle or Madson or Mathieson or Paul Abbott or Bronko Nagurski

Comment

Sounds good to me. I just went to baseball america and found their prospects. I know nothing about Duncan.
                      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
                      Playoff Appearances:
                      NFC Title Games:
                      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Keep Frenchie, Geary, and Fultz while we're at it.

Comment

Add to the Angels smoke - the ownership says they'd add payroll in a second (mentions Burrell & Abreu as potential targets):

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-ang ... &cset=true

Keep in mind that the Angels' farm system is considered one of the top 3 in baseball.

Comment

I ACTUALLY LIKE OUR BULLPEN. yOU CAN EXPECT SOME BREAKDOWNS WHEN THEY PITCH ALL THE FREAKING TIME. Sorry about the caps. We need someone to throw 7 innings.We need someone to hit the freaking ball and I have lost all respect for a coaching staff who will not sit a simple SOB who is down 5+ runs and hacks at the first pitch.
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Agree with Will on the keepers, everyone should be up for grabs for the right price. IMO your looking at 2-3 years down the road for this team to compete. The only real relief minus a trade will be that this will be Bell, and Lieberthal's last year sucking up the cash. I like Rollins too, he's maddening as hell, but then if he's not #1 it's probably not a big issue. He needs to hit #7. Gillick has his work cut out for him, and Cholly needs to go. I guess Pinella will get a look again.
                              Redskins Suck Ass

Comment

Working...
                              X