I need to know (OT)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need to know (OT)

Please don't reply with comments. I just want to see where people stand.

Vin - if this gets out of hand - just delete. I'm curious.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/POLITICS/03/...ex.html?hpt=T1
    It's fine - needs to get done no matter what
    0.00%
    It's fine - it's a travesty but I support this bill
    0.00%
    Not fine - they are ignoring the people and shoving it down our throats
    100.00%
    Not fine - process is ok but I don't support this bill
    0.00%
    Last edited by BIGPHILLY; 03-16-2010, 01:51 PM.
    Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
    Playoff Appearances:
    NFC Title Games:
    Super Bowl Titles:

Sorry BP, this is not kosher.

Comment

C'mon. That was respectful. Nobody started fighting!!!!!

Since it's moved...now I can say it "PELOSI IS SATAN!"
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

totally respectful but no politics in EFO. I've been letting a lot go but no good can come of it.

We're divided enough on the McNabb issue. No need to divide us more with some nonsense that doesn't matter.

Comment

sf is right. The question is completely respectful, but still argumentative. I personally cannot vote because I disagree with the phrasing of the question.

They wouldn't be "passing it without voting". They'd be passing both the Senate bill, plus the fixes to it, with one vote.

Comment

Only doing it because they can't get enough support to pass it the "right" way---- in other words not doing what the "people" want.... only doing what they want for political reasons.

Comment

The "right" way would be to pass a bill with 51 votes in the Senate, as prescribed by the Constitution.

That said, I agree that there are some Democrats being stupid here. They should just hold their noses and vote for the Senate bill, and then pass the changes it needs.

However, to claim that "this is not what the people want" is to completely ignore the election of 2008. Democrats won a large majority (and the presidency) by promising health care reform.

Comment

and this is why you can't debate politics on a chat board. you are all poop heads.
                You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
                  and this is why you can't debate politics on a chat board. you are all poop heads.
                  I've seen multiple people come around to the idea that Mcnabb will never win the SB. And that took 3 years.

There's no point arguing politics. Nobody will ever change their mind on anything.

Comment

SF that is a great point. 3 years ago I was all about donny boy and now I want him gone. I've seen this story before. But as for politics they are usually related to religion and those are two things that people don't take lightly.
                    You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by goldbach View Post
                      The "right" way would be to pass a bill with 51 votes in the Senate, as prescribed by the Constitution.

That said, I agree that there are some Democrats being stupid here. They should just hold their noses and vote for the Senate bill, and then pass the changes it needs.

However, to claim that "this is not what the people want" is to completely ignore the election of 2008. Democrats won a large majority (and the presidency) by promising health care reform.

Show me any poll that sez the majority of Americans wants this bill?

And to say that the election was based on this one issue is bull.....They didn't win by promising health care reform... they won because people were soooooooooooo pissed off at Bush. If the Dem's had run Capt Kangaroo.... he would have won.

Comment

AW- from the outset, the only two taboo topics have been politics and religion.

Comment

Ahh...I see its open season on baiting. Good to know.

Comment

at least we can all agree that 9-11 was an inside job, Obama is not an American and therefore shouldn't be President, and Oswald acted alone

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                              Show me any poll that sez the majority of Americans wants this bill?
                              http://www.newsweek.com/id/233890

When told what was in the bill, 52% of Americans supported the bill. In other words, the primary components of the bill is popular, but the bill itself doesn't poll well. Part of this is because a sizable % of people want something stronger (like single payer) and don't like the current bill because it doesn't go far enough.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/ezr...m_popular.html

And to say that the election was based on this one issue is bull.....They didn't win by promising health care reform... they won because people were soooooooooooo pissed off at Bush. If the Dem's had run Capt Kangaroo.... he would have won.
                              Last time I checked, Bush wasn't on the ballot in 2008. And, yes, Obama did promise health care reform. So did McCain, to a certain extent. It's the only sensible thing to do, considering the complete mess our current health-care system is in.

Comment

Working...
                              X