Dear NFL Refs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
    As a person Manning seems ok but I can't stand watching him play. it's like watching ta kid bring a 1,500 page book to a checkers match. STFU AND CALL THE PLAY ALREADY

I don't think he's anywhere near the best of all time or even the best in the league right now. In order to be known as the best you need to show it in the playoffs. Yes he has a SB but he has choked in so many PO games it's unreal. The Colts should have at least 3 SB wins already. Brady did a lot more with a lot less.

Truly great players make the plays when it matters the most.
    This is, of course, the age old debate that has no right or wrong answer, but if you look at Brady's 3 SB's, there were lucky as shit win them. Yes, they did win them though, so OK.

However, I'm baffled how anyone can hate watching Peyton Manning play. That kind of blows my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Blitz View Post
      The Colts should have at least 3 SB wins already. Brady did a lot more with a lot less.

Yeah but Brady was helped by cheating. The Pats haven't won anything since spygate broke. Coincidence? Maybe. But then again, maybe not.....
      Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
      Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

For Your Viewing Pleasure

NFL publicly reveals hits guide given to players
        Nov
        11/9/2010 7:51:02 PM | More

According to the Associated Press, the NFL wants everyone to know what it told players months ago about illegal hits and how the disciplinary process works.

The league released Tuesday an 11-page guide that details some rules and includes black-and-white drawings of players delivering hits that aren't allowed. That information was included in the 2010 League Policies for Players manual, distributed to players and coaches at the start of training camp.

The league repeatedly has pointed out that its recent stepped-up fines and threats of suspensions after a series of helmet hits in games were not changes in rules but rather stricter enforcement of existing rules.

Asked why the league distributed this information Tuesday, spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail: "Because fans and media have been discussing these rules quite a bit in the past few weeks."

The guidelines given to players and coaches include a section entitled, "Clarifications of hits on defenseless players and roughing the passer fouls."

And there are various reminders, such as:

• "Discipline may be imposed for a first offense and without prior warning."

• Punishment isn't limited to plays where penalties are called during games, and this sentence is in bold type: "If a postgame review establishes an egregious violation, particularly involving safety-related issues such as hits on the quarterback, the offender may be subject to suspension."

• Game officials unsure of whether to throw a flag on a particular play, the guide reads, "should lean toward player safety and call the foul."
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
          NFL publicly reveals hits guide given to players
          Nov
          11/9/2010 7:51:02 PM | More

According to the Associated Press, the NFL wants everyone to know what it told players months ago about illegal hits and how the disciplinary process works.

The league released Tuesday an 11-page guide that details some rules and includes black-and-white drawings of players delivering hits that aren't allowed. That information was included in the 2010 League Policies for Players manual, distributed to players and coaches at the start of training camp.

The league repeatedly has pointed out that its recent stepped-up fines and threats of suspensions after a series of helmet hits in games were not changes in rules but rather stricter enforcement of existing rules.

Asked why the league distributed this information Tuesday, spokesman Greg Aiello wrote in an e-mail: "Because fans and media have been discussing these rules quite a bit in the past few weeks."

The guidelines given to players and coaches include a section entitled, "Clarifications of hits on defenseless players and roughing the passer fouls."

And there are various reminders, such as:

• "Discipline may be imposed for a first offense and without prior warning."

• Punishment isn't limited to plays where penalties are called during games, and this sentence is in bold type: "If a postgame review establishes an egregious violation, particularly involving safety-related issues such as hits on the quarterback, the offender may be subject to suspension."

• Game officials unsure of whether to throw a flag on a particular play, the guide reads, "should lean toward player safety and call the foul."

• In games involving the Philadelphia Eagles, officials are directed to call fouls against the Philadelphia team on at least 1 out of each 4 plays.

Fixed!
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
            Yeah but Brady was helped by cheating. The Pats haven't won anything since spygate broke. Coincidence? Maybe. But then again, maybe not.....
            I feel the same way about the Cheatriots. But as for Manning, I have to agree that he needs at least 2 more SB wins to improve his legacy compared to Brady. Even if you believe that Brady's titles are tainted, they're still titles that Manning doesn't have. And, the Colts have gone one-and-done in the playoffs so many times, with so much talent (at least on offense), it's tough not to be disappointed in that.
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

Personally, I think it's Manning and then everybody else. He's just a different animal. Not only has he been the QB for Indy all these years, he's also been their offensive coordinater. I think he's in a class all by himself. I've heard that phrase before, but in his case I think you can take it literally. Nobody has the responsibility that he has.
              "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

People forget that those Patriots teams were much much better on defense than the Colts. While the Patriots didn't have name recognition like the Ravens, they were solid and well coached. ANd well prepared with video tape....

Comment

Working...
                X