• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dallas Green relative shot in AZ

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6004887

Terrible event down there.
    www.disciplerocks.com

sad deal,thoughts go out to Big D and family
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

What a terrible tragedy. Yet another horrible crime committed by a loon with easy access to guns.
      Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

This puts things into perspective if you think about it.

Yeah, we are sad that the Eagles lost and we are perfectly OK to rant and rave on here about it.

Today I went to the OB with my wife... for those of you that don't know we are 11 weeks prego. So at first we couldn't hear the heartbeat and we are freaked out. We go to the sonogram room and there was the little guy/girl sleeping soundly in a spot in momma that makes it tough to hear so we are cool.

The point is, yes it is bad to lose a football game but losing a 9-year old girl with her life in front of her to some wingnut whose parents apparently did a shitty job raising him.... that is a tragedy. I can watch the EAgles lose in the playoffs for the rest of my life if it assures me that my family and your family are safe.

Sorry to hijack this thread but perspective on a day like today is necessary.
        You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
          What a terrible tragedy. Yet another horrible crime committed by a loon with easy access to guns.
          Yeah, the kid was apparently a far leftwing nut job. Burning American flags and smoking lots of dope.
          www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

Originally posted by saratoga View Post
            Yeah, the kid was apparently a far leftwing nut job. Burning American flags and smoking lots of dope.

Right, sure. A left wing anti-government guy. There are a lot of them out there.

http://www.alternet.org/story/149466...wing_extremist

Whatever his political persuasion, it's nuts that he and other loons like him can just go pick up a Glock whenever they want.
            Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

That's one guys interpretation of select items. Here is someone else's interpretation:
              http://www.nationalreview.com/corner...-daniel-foster
              And there are lots of leftist anti-government people. Just a matter of what one doesn't like.

Marx has never been a favorite of the right, smoking pot is not an activity of the right, I've never heard of any "right winger" burning American flags.

Why does the left have to politicize every tragedy? Oh yeah, don't want to let any crisis go to waste.

We have a Much bigger mental health problem in this country than a gun problem.
              Last edited by saratoga; 01-11-2011, 08:49 PM.
              www.disciplerocks.com

Comment

could you guys shut the hell up. I don't come here to be reminded about politics.

Comment

Originally posted by sfphillyfan View Post
                  could you guys shut the hell up. I don't come here to be reminded about politics.

Sorry Vin. I didn't make any comments about this nut's politics, just about the craziness that this nut could go buy a Glock at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix as easily as you or I can go buy a sandwich. I recognize that this is a somewhat political thing to say, yet I still contend it's absolutely nuts that any Joe can buy automatic weapons in this country.

I'm offended that toga decided to announce that this loon is a leftist, with zero evidence. And it's equally offensive that there's a bunch of people dead and a Democratic Congresswoman shot through the head, yet the Right still thinks they're the victim.

Comment

LT,

Sometimes all you can do is shake your head and walk away.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonard Tose View Post
                      Sorry Vin. I didn't make any comments about this nut's politics, just about the craziness that this nut could go buy a Glock at the Sportsman's Warehouse in Phoenix as easily as you or I can go buy a sandwich. I recognize that this is a somewhat political thing to say, yet I still contend it's absolutely nuts that any Joe can buy automatic weapons in this country.

I'm offended that toga decided to announce that this loon is a leftist, with zero evidence. And it's equally offensive that there's a bunch of people dead and a Democratic Congresswoman shot through the head, yet the Right still thinks they're the victim.
                      You mean just like the liberal media and the Sheriff running the investigation did the day of the shooting? Kind of like that?

You want to see what gun control laws do? Look at D.C. and Chicago, 2 of highest gun crime rates in the country. When you outlaw guns the only people that have them are the outlaws.

Oh and btw here are the requirements needed to purchase an auto. weapon. You know like any Joe.

Complete an ATF Form 4 (5320.4). The transferor, the one transferring or selling the automatic weapon and the transferee, the one receiving or buying the automatic weapon, must both complete sections of this form. The "Law Enforcement Certification" section must also be signed by the head of the local law enforcement, which is often the sheriff.
                      Include a 2 by 2-inch photograph of the transferee on each copy of the ATF form. This must be taken within the last year and include the transferee's address. This address cannot be a post office box.
                      Submit a fingerprint on FBI Form FD-258. This must be done by someone who is approved to take them, such as the police department. The fingerprints are accompanied by a photograph and a certificate which states that the individual seeking to obtain the automatic weapon has no justifiable reason that prevents them from obtaining an automatic weapon.
                      Check your local and state guidelines. If your area requires a permit or license to buy, receive or possess an automatic weapon you must send in a copy of the transferee's license or permit with the application and a $200 tax payment.
                      Send the completed form and proper tax payment to Bureau of ATF, P.O. Box 73201, Chicago, IL 60673. If you are approved to obtain an automatic weapon, the original form is returned to you with an approval stamped on it. If you are denied, you are refunded the tax payment.

But you know anybody can get one.
                      Last edited by Zepster; 01-20-2011, 01:19 AM.
                      Stand for the flag you assholes!

Eagles, Flyers Phillies fan since 1977. GO O'S!!

Comment

sigh.

Comment

Working...
                        X