NFC North - Big Philly
    NFC South - Weston M**
    NFC West - Giantscamps**

AFC East - OMiz **
    AFC North
    AFC South - leifdawg**
    AFC West - Tru Fresh**, Maximus

** = confirmed

Hello Everyone, here are your assignments. Please confirm that you're still doing it. We will have 2 people per div so it's a balanced view. If anyone wants to do sign up for the missing divs, PM me. I will fill in any gaps.

Here's the format.

Team by Team breakdown with finishing order. Then any comments to the other person's picks.

Here's an example.

NFC East
    Joe Schmoe:
    Intro Paragraph
    1. eagles - 1 - 3 paragraphs
    2. redskins - " "
    3. cowboys ""
    4. Giants - ""
    Comments on John Doe's picks (you'll do this last when i email you the other person's picks. Or you can email it to them yourself)

John Doe:
    Intro Paragraph
    1. Redskins - 1 to 3 paragraphs
    2. Eagles
    3. Cowboys
    4. Giants
    Comments on Joe Schmoe's picks

Is everyone clear? I will do all the formatting. Please, no pictures.

DUE DATE FOR INITIAL SUBMISSIONS IS 8/2 but you can get it in early.

Please do not submit the stories, just email them to me. vin at sportscolumn dot dot dot com
    Support Sportscolumn.com! Tell a friend!

I'm still in for the AFC south.
    Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

I love pictures
      Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
      Playoff Appearances:
      NFC Title Games:
      Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Does that mean you don't want the second writer on the remaining divisions? I said I'd fill in. Not a bid deal if you're dropping that. That's a lot of writing.

Comment

Tom, we still need the second writer. I just said i'd fill in any open positions. Believe me, I'm more than happy to relieve myself of the responsibility of writing 5 divisions worth.

BP - i know you do. I need this to be very structured though.

Comment

Ok, Vin. I'll split them with you. Take what you want. I'll do what's left.

Comment

I'm still in for the AFC West.
              I have never done steroids. Period. Well, not today, anyway.

Comment

Still in for the NFC Worst . . . West

Comment

Confirming...

I'm still game for the AFC East.

Comment

Still count me in for the NFC South.

thanks
                    weston

Comment

Ready for the NFC East

Im all in for the NFC East

Comment

The second isn't all that far off. How do you want to split the left over second writer spots?

Comment

Re: Division Preview Assignments

[I think this year the redskins will be a top contender due to the fact that they got reid of that non consistant cb and replaced him with a top running back in football [Clinton Portis]. Another thing they finally got is a great coach Joe Gibbs. The offence is going to be good because they have an Improving QB, a top running back and leathel wr. The defence is going to be lead by the fearce linebacker lavar Arington and quick dbs

Comment

Re: Division Preview Assignments

Originally posted by frankshizzle
                            [I think this year the redskins will be a top contender due to the fact that they got reid of that non consistant cb and replaced him with a top running back in football [Clinton Portis]. Another thing they finally got is a great coach Joe Gibbs. The offence is going to be good because they have an Improving QB, a top running back and leathel wr. The defence is going to be lead by the fearce linebacker lavar Arington and quick dbs
                            Yes, the Skins offense should be much improved because of Portis. However Portis will not be nearly as effective as he was running behind Denver's O-Line (How many different 1000 yard rushers have they had over the past 7-8 years?). Also Mark Brunell is gettng up there in age. Brunell will also play poorly behind their weak O-Line as he doesn't fair well when he's under rush (See the first weeks of last season when he was still starting in JAX). But despite all that, their offense, on paper, appears much stronger.

Defensively they will be in the bottom 3rd of the league. Their secondary with Champ Baily wasn't even that great, without him it will be horrid (although Shawn Springs will help fill some of the void left by Baily, he won't be able to shutdown on the opponents top WR like Champ was able to do. Their LBs will be good but Arrington just makes way to many mental mistakes. Barrow will be able to work better with him than Trotter but he is another player that has a fading career. Their D-Line will be somewhat better with the addition of Griffin but it won't be enough.

I still think the Champ Baily for Portis swap was a bad trade because it is much harder to find a true shutdown corner like a Champ Baily than it is to find a elite running back (especially one that may just be a product of systems he's played in; noth the Broncos and the Hurricanes both have supurb Offensive lines).

Plus two of the new guys, Springs and Brunells, who are expected to be major contributers are very injury prone.
                            Whatcha Gonna Do Brother, When the Eagles run wild on you?

Comment

Seems that we will only have 1 person per division. Let's just go with same format but no rebuttal paragraph.

Big Philly - you still got NFC North?

Tom - please take AFC North.

I'll edit it all and put it together.

thanks.

Comment

Working...
                              X