Are any of you guys grtting hit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    By the way 60, we have a Shih Tzu named Rocky who is just a year old and only 13 pounds. With legs that are roughly 6 inches long, taking him out in the snow means his chest becomes caked in snow and takes 20 minutes with a hair dryer to melt the clumps of snow and clean him up. I never liked people who dressed their dogs up, but I gave in and realized that I was going to have to get something for him to wear or spend half an hour several times a day drying him after each walk.

I decided if I had to put something on him I'd get something cool. My 13 pound little dog has a new leather Harley-Davidson jacket he's sporting this winter. I hate that he has to be dressed up, but I do laugh every time I see him in it.
    We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Temperature has dropped all day. Actually had to close our windows this afternoon. Can you imagine the horror?

Comment

sitting on the coach with a blanket, I'm not big on fuel bills.
        We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by musicman View Post
          sitting on the coach with a blanket, I'm not big on fuel bills.
          I'm sure the pint of bourbon that you're tuggin on helps.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

no alcohol since New Years

Comment

no alcohol since New Years
              I'm so sorry.

Comment

just chillin for a while, my liver needs a prolonged break

Comment

When we moved from Jenkintown to upstate NY 40 plus years ago, snow was a major draw. I was really into down hill skiing but also had flat out loved deep snow since I was a kid. For me, there was something mystical about it.

We lived on the edge of the 'lake effect' snow belt and, even with no low pressure cell, an unexpected foot of snow overnight when the wind was blowing East off Lake Ontario was not uncommon. I loved it. A foot was good ...2 feet was better.

You either knew how to drive in snow or learned quickly. Road crews in 'snow country' everywhere have the equipment and know how to clear a lot of snow quickly. I remember once getting a foot of snow in Philly when I was going to Temple. It literally shut down the city for almost a week. The same snow fall in New Hartford would most likely be a two hour delay in starting school...maybe one 'snow day' if the snow continued into the day.

Eventually the aging knees made skiing the Black Diamonds really dangerous if not down right impossible for me. And the tamer slopes just didn't ring my bell. So snow has lost much of it's first hand appeal. I still love watching heavy snow fall. But being 1400 miles south of 'The Snow Belt' for the winter is a circumstance I can live with.

BTW, we will have a low in the 30's tonight In IRB

Comment

As requested....

Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
                    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

As requested....

I got nothing:

Comment

Can't see the pic or just speachless?

Comment

Can't see the pic or just speachless?
                          no pic

Comment

That's odd, I see it.....

Comment

All I get is that tiny box with the x in it.

Comment

I'd like a tiny box

Comment

Working...
                                X