Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 07-26-2017, 03:28 PM   #1
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation
Default After 11 mos---

Anybody still think there is something to this "Russian" thing?

This "nothing happening " in DC is really starting wear on my last nerve!

Last edited by MDFAN; 07-26-2017 at 08:22 PM..
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 06:03 PM   #2
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters is on a distinguished road

It's nothing. I'm sick of it.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:16 PM   #3
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Do I believe Donald colluded with Russia to gain the election--nope. Do I believe the Russians wanted to meddle in and cast shadows about the election--yep. Do I wonder why seven people would lie about and change their stories on meetings with Russians-- yep. Are there any 'facts' about "this Russian" thing-- yep; D junior got an email referencing getting info to help big D get elected and it referenced help from the Russian government. Off the top of me head that is the only fact that is known. Not sure that it means anything; not sure they did anything other than go to the meeting; not sure about any of it. What I am sure about is he went to the meeting and never said a thing to our law enforcement officials. That should be a concern.
Does the nothing happening in DC issue bother me--yep. But big D is just about as much responsible for that as congress. I thought he might learn after he was elected but he hasn't. If he were a dictator he would be fine but so far he doesn't have president down pat.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:46 PM   #4
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

I'll say this about The Donald. He stopped businesses from just packing up and leave for awhile. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way around it though. And MD, Trump is a SPY!!!!
Old 07-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #5
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

11 months....... 11!!!!!!!

And not one actual fact that anything illegal happened has come out.

There is no there........ 11 months and millions and millions....... Sad Sad Sad for America.
Old 07-27-2017, 06:14 AM   #6
tinopuno 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

tinopuno is on a distinguished road

Please refer to Kenneth Star and the marathon Whitewater investigation as a guide to how these things go.

Last edited by tinopuno; 07-27-2017 at 06:25 AM..
tinopuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 07:30 AM   #7
andrewaters 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

andrewaters is on a distinguished road

TP... this is why we shouldn't talk about this stuff on the board. My eyes are wide open. That's a we must be stupid post. Trust me, we aren't stupid our perspective is just different. I didn't vote for him BTW. But I think I would now for no other reason then an outsider is the only chance we have to unlodge the Deep State and Embedded groups that run that town. What's going on is disgusting. The entire machine is against him because he isn't playing along. He is making a lot of mistakes. I'm not saying he isn't. But he also can't get anything accomplished with both parties lining up against him because they like the status quo.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:39 AM   #8
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle60 View Post
I'll say this about The Donald. He stopped businesses from just packing up and leave for awhile. I'm sure that they'll figure out a way around it though. And MD, Trump is a SPY!!!!
That's a key word. I fully agree he has tried to keep businesses but I would throw this out there..... Big announcement from WH when Carrier said they would keep 700 or 1100 jobs (depends on whose numbers you use) in Indiana. Last week Carrier says they are laying off 600 (300 now and 300 in Dec) but no big announcement. Ford says they are keeping jobs in US and there is big announcement. Ford announces moving the production of the Focus to China and a reduction of some jobs and no announcement from WH. A handful of stores (Sears, Macy's, et al) have announced a lot of store closures (something like 250 stores) which I am guessing will be a lot of jobs.
But I agree there has been job growth. It is modest job growth. I don't know these numbers for certain but I think there has been about 80 consecutive months of modest job growth.
My disclaimer is that I like the fact that he wants to concentrate on jobs and has skills to make that happen. Hopefully it moves from modest growth to robust growth. But I haven't seen anything yet to show that things will be significantly different from DC that it has been.
Old 07-27-2017, 07:55 AM   #9
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
11 months....... 11!!!!!!!

And not one actual fact that anything illegal happened has come out.

There is no there........ 11 months and millions and millions....... Sad Sad Sad for America.
11 months is a talking point IMM. I am sure some would say it is really only 5 or 6 months of real investigation. Either way that is probably not material. My only point is 'the media' which so many like to say is fake can say 11 months and some can say six months and both are only partially true. Also I have been up front that I don't think there has been collusion. I will admit there is a far left nut world, where the likes of E Warren lives, that might never accept that just like there is a far right world that will never accept that Hillary didn't go out of her way to let her embassy get overrun.
I said earlier there was only one fact (D Jr. email/meeting) but really there is another. Seven people failed to disclose contacts with Russians. Not sure how anyone can dispute those two things. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity has to wonder about those two things and thus an investigation. From the investigator in me I wonder if maybe, just maybe, this would have ended much earlier if things would have been disclosed when they should have been. Is there any reasonable explanation for those two facts....can't think of one
Old 07-27-2017, 10:44 AM   #10
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoDakIggle View Post
11 months is a talking point IMM. I am sure some would say it is really only 5 or 6 months of real investigation. Either way that is probably not material. My only point is 'the media' which so many like to say is fake can say 11 months and some can say six months and both are only partially true. Also I have been up front that I don't think there has been collusion. I will admit there is a far left nut world, where the likes of E Warren lives, that might never accept that just like there is a far right world that will never accept that Hillary didn't go out of her way to let her embassy get overrun.
I said earlier there was only one fact (D Jr. email/meeting) but really there is another. Seven people failed to disclose contacts with Russians. Not sure how anyone can dispute those two things. Anyone with an ounce of curiosity has to wonder about those two things and thus an investigation. From the investigator in me I wonder if maybe, just maybe, this would have ended much earlier if things would have been disclosed when they should have been. Is there any reasonable explanation for those two facts....can't think of one
Kushners meeting was neither illegal nor unethical nor uncommon.
So it's a fact of nothing. 6 months or 11------ nothing illegal has been shown.....NOTHING........... Move on, get our countries business done, stop the politics, get to business!