Register blog | Columns | Amazon FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read mobile style

Go Back   Philly.Sportscolumn.com > Everything Else > Misc

Old 07-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #21
Eagle60 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

Eagle60 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDFAN View Post
Nodak-- obviously we will never agree on some of this.

IMM, the media has a big roll in what the country is focused on, that in turn puts presser on the congress to get things done. So IMM yes this stupid Russia thing diverts attention for getting things done. Add that to the liberal bias from the media and the Trump hatred and you have a Media helping to push attention AWAY from the actual things that will help make America #1 again.

Yes, this congress is the one that actually gets things done and yes they deserve the blame, both Repubs and Dems. This is just another big example for the case for term limits, IMM. Yes it is the unorganized Repubs, but just as much and maybe even more it is the total obstruction from the Dems's--- this hurts the country not just the Repubs. And yes 2 wrongs do not make a right, but this is way over the top and neither side cares about the country IMM, they care about politics more!!!!!

Trump still has hundreds of people waiting to be confirmed --- unacceptable!

I know what you think that I am some died in the wool Repub.... untrue. I am a middle of the road (slightly conservative leaning) independent. But I know that this country has been going to shit for decades now and IMM it is due to this idea that Globalism is the way to gao... IMM it isn't. So I do find myself --- now --- agreeing a lot more with Trumps vision than I do that of the liberal left, whose ideas in my mind have downgraded this Republic. So yes I want change and I don't care about the politics, I want to see this country rise back up to what our founding fathers hoped/wished it would be.
If I remember right (I'm trying to put together some bits and pieces) but Japan had us by the balls for quite awhile and there was really nothing that we could do about it. I think that there used to be a time when only Americans were allowed to buy US treasury bonds. Well during a recession we went wild with inflation so we decided to let the whole world buy our bonds to keep the prices down on them. This let Japan (who I guess had all the money) come in and buy and there was much more competition for bonds and the bidding went down and ultimately brought inflation back under control. This gave them very much control over us and made it hard to enforce strong trade agreements. Every time we tried they would stop buying sending us a message and bond prices went up. I think we might now be in the same position with China. Where China got all the dough still puzzles me though unless it has something to do with them getting Hong Cong back? Maybe you guys can fill in the blanks here???
Old 07-29-2017, 10:07 PM   #22
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

MD, we agree on more than one might think. I have said a million times I think Trump is a pos -- as a person. But I really thought he could make things happen. Unfortunately I didn't realize how sick of an egomaniac he really is. That aside, I agree about the media. Hell they shouldn't ever be called journalist because they are nothing but talk show hosts hired to stir a pot. Some liberal some conservative. Some even change their stripes depending on what station they are talking on.
As for congress the dems are being a pain in the ass. But that is just this week's news. The repubs were playing that same card one, two, three years ago. I'm not sure they can be any disagreement with that. I think we need half of congress to get sick so they think they will die and then maybe they will do something for the country not their reelection.
I also agree a lot more with much of Trump's vision than I do the left. The problem for me is his vision to be a dictator not a president. This crap about tweeting no transgenders in the military yet it seems the joint staff was caught off guard. So what friggin generals did he consult with (since his tweet says it was in consultation). Now it is just my opinion but he probably talked to somebody he saw on fox or some hard core in congress and then made the tweet thinking the generals would be pleased to get rid of transgenders. Well how about following the standard protocol and issuing an order or maybe set up a committee to give him input or heaven forbid sit down with the Joint Chiefs.
Anyway, I'm outta here. A few days driving across Trump's victory lane, then a few days on Lake Champlain, then a week at WW Crest before another drive through the heartland. The preseason will be mostly done by the time I am back. Will try to get on once in awhile
Old 07-29-2017, 11:26 PM   #23
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

Have a safe trip.... Been to the crest 2x already this year, and I spend all of September there.

Where do you stay?
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 06:40 AM   #24
NoDakIggle 
2013 Contributor
Hall of Famer

NoDakIggle has disabled reputation

Headed to the crest today. My brother organizes a couple of condos, Buttercup Ave if I am not mistaken. Five brothers and sisters, some nieces and nephews, etc.
Old 08-04-2017, 11:26 AM   #25
MDFAN
Hall of Famer

MDFAN has disabled reputation

I'm at Newark and the beach, the REGES.
MDFAN is offline   Reply With Quote