Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wow, trade looks good to me.

Getting 52, 125 and Balto's 2019's 1st........ Gotta love it. IMM

I read 2019 second round pick. Regardless I like it. if they weren’t in love with any one player, moving back makes sense.

Comment

The "The great Bleeding Green" reports 1st round... Dunno.

Comment

Ok looks like it is the 2nd in 2019............ Bleeding green wrong.... Trade is a 7 now not a 10.

Comment

As usual I hated it. Maybe I'll like it next year at draft time. For me we didn't get any better tonight and that sucks. Hopefully this means that they'll keep Kendricks and Darby and that is very cool.
          "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

meh. I just saw they gave their 4th to balt also but I hope that is wrong. To drop back 20 spots they moved up seven spots in 4th and got a 2d next year?
            I thought just getting a mid 4th and a 2d next year to move back 20 was only so-so

EDIT: Just saw it on the Eagles website. Birds gave pick 32 and 132 and got pick 52, 125 and 2019 2d. So they got a 2d next year and moved up seven spots in order to drop back 20 spots this year. Okay but I'm not putting that as a great deal
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
              meh. I just saw they gave their 4th to balt also but I hope that is wrong. To drop back 20 spots they moved up seven spots in 4th and got a 2d next year?
              I thought just getting a mid 4th and a 2d next year to move back 20 was only so-so

EDIT: Just saw it on the Eagles website. Birds gave pick 32 and 132 and got pick 52, 125 and 2019 2d. So they got a 2d next year and moved up seven spots in order to drop back 20 spots this year. Okay but I'm not putting that as a great deal
              I never saw the exchange of 4th round picks.

Comment

Howie will probably do something tomorrow too because he just can't stand to sit still. Let's face it though, we don't need a whole lot. Michael would have been a hell of an addition though.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post

WTF? Am I missing something? We move back 20 spots,from the bottom of the First Round to the bottom 1/3 of the Second Round (with some real talent still available (Guice, Joshua Jackson, Connor Williams) and get NO ADDITIONAL PICKS IN THIS YEARS DRAFT?

I thought our absence of picks in rounds 2 and 3 was the whole reason to trade back. Again, WTF?

Comment

Folks this is not a strong draft class. Next year is predicted to be much better. Anytime you have two centers go in the top 21 that is an indicator of a weak draft class.

As far as the trade goes, not much difference in the caliber of player at 52 than there is at 32. Getting a 2nd rounder in 2019 is a stroke of genius. This roster is loaded for this year. Next year the6 will have 12 picks at least. That Has a chance to be a grand slam type draft. Even with us drafting at 32 again after we win the Super Bowl for a second time.
                    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

I'd be lying if I said I liked the trade. Hernandez and Guice were both there and I didn't think either would be. One could argue that with the current players we have at HB and Guard that neither would have a huge impact to next season. But both will be real good players in this league.

Now the Giants can get Hernandez and couple him with Solder and Barkley to start to have a pretty scary offense

And we picked up no extra picks in this year's draft. Which I would completely disagree that it's a bad class. Maybe OT and DE is lacking quality depth, but outside of that, this is a real good class

I wonder if maybe Sony Michel would have been the pick, before the Pats nabbed him?

I also wonder if this has something to do with the cap and not wanting too many draftees?

Comment

I won't say this is a great draft but I will say there were players at 32 who are very worthy of that pick. I agree Dawk that it may be cap. It also may be a reloading plan that says we are pretty good everywhere right now so we will try to increase future flexibility.
                        Bottom line is that I don't think Howie fleeced anyone. He probably didn't get fleeced but I think Balt got the better end of the deal.
                        Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                        Hope is not a strategy
                        RIP

Comment

Meh. Too cute for me. Guice is a difference maker. I would have liked to see him. Not impossible that he will end up better than Barkley. We will certainly have some turnover next year, but would 12 guys ever make the team? Maybe we parlay some of next year’s picks into the following year, but as I say, too cute.
                          Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
                          Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

This has salary cap written all over it. They are going to need as much money as they can get to resign:

Agholor
                            Darby
                            Big V

And eventually they need money for:

Wentz
                            Barnett
                            Sidney Jones
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
                              I'd be lying if I said I liked the trade. Hernandez and Guice were both there and I didn't think either would be. One could argue that with the current players we have at HB and Guard that neither would have a huge impact to next season. But both will be real good players in this league.

Now the Giants can get Hernandez and couple him with Solder and Barkley to start to have a pretty scary offense

And we picked up no extra picks in this year's draft. Which I would completely disagree that it's a bad class. Maybe OT and DE is lacking quality depth, but outside of that, this is a real good class

I wonder if maybe Sony Michel would have been the pick, before the Pats nabbed him?

I also wonder if this has something to do with the cap and not wanting too many draftees?

Hernandez looks like a solid guard but we have are already loaded at guard. Brooks & Wiz will be here for the next couple of years, you have Warmack and Seumolo behind them, certainly fine as backups. If they would have taken Hernandez now you are cutting one of them. Which really makes no sense. I think if a OT was there they would have pounced on that. Still may take a guy like Brian Oneil at 52.

Not taking Guice in round one I a fine with. He seems like he has maturity issues and there are still some really good backs on the board. Oh and its not like we don't have backs. Honestly, I will take Clement over any back not named Barkley in this draft.

AND YES the cap does come into play here but not as much as you would think. Its more that they didn't see a player who would be worth the 5th year option (which is quit pricey).

Plus I have to say one thing, the Eagles seem to be better at hitting on 2nd round picks over their history than any other spot in the draft. Its kind of quirky
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X