I wouldn't go to the Whitehouse either Brandon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dawkins20 View Post
    All I am thinking is. Live and let live. I can’t believe people actually take the time to send letters like that supposed fam sent Brandon Graham. What a world
    People never cease to amaze me. As an Eagle fan I'm sure that he would have been thrilled if Graham, Jenkins and Long were thrown off the team last year. He's full of shit.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
      Respectfully to all of you..
      It’s possible to simultaneously think everyone should stand for the National Anthem and hope others feel the same but also respect the fact that not everybody is going to agree and some are going to protest and they should be allowed to.

AW.
      Please know that you're thoughtful, balanced observation is appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by nodakiggle View Post
        that is why eyewitnesses don't always make the best witness. Kapernick, et al did not start a political protest. They exercised a perfectly legal right to silently protest what they felt was injustice of blacks at the hands of police. Nothing political there.
        Then you bring in the owners/employee thing. Nothing, absolutely nothing to do with the conversation. It is 100% true the owners and league can do what they wish but that doesn't have anything to do with you saying the players started the politics. And actually no one brought the employer thing into the conversation until they were bombarded that the players have every right to protest; just not in that forum.
        But the sole person to bring it to the political table was trump saying the sons of bitches should be fired so he could fan his nationalist-not patriotic- base. I could be wrong, although i doubt it, but i believe it was during a political event such as a campaign rally.
        The league/owners have every right to tell players they have to be on the field or to tell them they have to be in the locker room. They have every right to tell them they have to stand if they are on the field. It is an employer/employee thing. The fans have every right to boycott games or attend them. To watch or not watch the nfl.
        But only one person brought the politics into it. That is the honesty of it. But i really doubt you will accept that as i won't accept that calling out the sons of bitches during a campaign rally wasn't a problem.
        r. I. G. H. T.......... Kaperdick was making a political statement. You can try and pull a Clinton, but it fails... His was/is wasn't trying to make a Repub or Dem type of political statement...... But he is/was making a social politically correct statement... During a time and place where fans and teams are there for entertainment and business. Not a social stage.
        Last edited by MDFAN; 05-24-2018, 11:53 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by andrewaters View Post
          Respectfully to all of you..
          It’s possible to simultaneously think everyone should stand for the National Anthem and hope others feel the same but also respect the fact that not everybody is going to agree and some are going to protest and they should be allowed to.
          With the same respect..... No. I can not accept a protest during the employers time. I can respect them going out on Monday and holding a March, raise their fists and come up with a fancy chant. The employer has a right and a duty to protect their business and that business started to suffer.

This PC ness sometimes is just over the top.

Comment

It is okay. We will disagree on knowing his intent or whether something is a political statement.
            Pull a "Clinton". That is funny; I suppose we have now really gone political. You know full well I am not a fan of hers but I suppose we will hear that buzz word from now through November as a way to incite. I know one guy who will use her name every time he can because he knows it stirs his base. It is like saying boogeyman
            Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
            Hope is not a strategy
            RIP

Comment

My own perspective. It’s peaceful protest. I’m ok with it. Much prefer this way to draw attention to a cause than some of the other ways that have made the news. As far as patriotism, I don’t think it shows disrespect. Our country is founded on diversity. Personally I would never kneel. Then again I’ve never been in their shoes. And if you think it doesn’t happen to athelets because they make a nice salary, check out the Bucks player who was recently “arrested”. To me, forcing patriotism smacks of other regimes past and current that are no place I’d want to be. So let it be. We have so many other pressing problems to deal with other than some taking a knee. And those pressing problems include those they are kneeling for to draw attention.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                It is okay. We will disagree on knowing his intent or whether something is a political statement.
                Pull a "Clinton". That is funny; I suppose we have now really gone political. You know full well I am not a fan of hers but I suppose we will hear that buzz word from now through November as a way to incite. I know one guy who will use her name every time he can because he knows it stirs his base. It is like saying boogeyman
                LMAO..... I was referring to BILL Clinton( and his Monica parseing, not Hillary, in response to "it wasn't political" when Kaperdick started his crap. Every single pole shows disapproval of his actions.... Not be uses his cause isn't worth discussing but becuase of when he choose to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by NoDakIggle View Post
                  Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  My own perspective. It’s peaceful protest. I’m ok with it. Much prefer this way to draw attention to a cause than some of the other ways that have made the news. As far as patriotism, I don’t think it shows disrespect. Our country is founded on diversity. Personally I would never kneel. Then again I’ve never been in their shoes. And if you think it doesn’t happen to athelets because they make a nice salary, check out the Bucks player who was recently “arrested”. To me, forcing patriotism smacks of other regimes past and current that are no place I’d want to be. So let it be. We have so many other pressing problems to deal with other than some taking a knee. And those pressing problems include those they are kneeling for to draw attention.
                  Except when he is getting paid to be working and representing the employer.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                    Except when he is getting paid to be working and representing the employer.
                    Then the league needs to sit down with the NFLPA and come up with an agreement. Since it’s a labor issue.

Comment

Possibly.... But every rule doesn't need NFLPA approval. And using that train of thought.... Did the NFLPA go to the league BEFORE this started?

For the 400th time.... I agree they have the right to protest any social issue they want to..... But not on the employers dime...... And the fans have made it very clear that they do not want this display on their dime... And the employers have every right to listen and respond to both their customers and loss of revenue.
                      Last edited by MDFAN; 05-25-2018, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Here's the one that gets me. Why do the networks show the guys who are kneeling? It makes no business sense to me. They know their ratings are taking a hit from it. Some of their sponsors have pulled their ads because of it. It seems to me that it's a lousy business decision to show the one or two players doing it at games. Show the guys standing or the person singing The Anthem. Do they think that people tune in to watch guys kneeling? Are the CEOs of the networks that stupid?

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                          Here's the one that gets me. Why do the networks show the guys who are kneeling? It makes no business sense to me. They know their ratings are taking a hit from it. Some of their sponsors have pulled their ads because of it. It seems to me that it's a lousy business decision to show the one or two players doing it at games. Show the guys standing or the person singing The Anthem. Do they think that people tune in to watch guys kneeling? Are the CEOs of the networks that stupid?
                          Two thoughts big guy-- 1. The fans in the seats still see it. and 2. Who actually controls what they TV's show? The league or the networks?

Personally I think you solve this whole thing by keeping both teams in the Locker-room till it's coin flip time!! Hell they did this for many many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                            Two thoughts big guy-- 1. The fans in the seats still see it. and 2. Who actually controls what they TV's show? The league or the networks?

Personally I think you solve this whole thing by keeping both teams in the Locker-room till it's coin flip time!! Hell they did this for many many many years.
                            I think if they stayed in the locker room there would STILL be backlash because some parts of the fan based and media would be upset about that.

I really thought this was going to end with the players and NFL meeting last year. Many had said they were not going to kneel even Kap said it but then these bozos put out a policy and now here we go again

Comment

Originally posted by RobLew65 View Post
                              I think if they stayed in the locker room there would STILL be backlash because some parts of the fan based and media would be upset about that.

I really thought this was going to end with the players and NFL meeting last year. Many had said they were not going to kneel even Kap said it but then these bozos put out a policy and now here we go again
                              You're right Rob, they should have just let the thing run its course and die a natural death instead of stoking the fire. These network idiots will probably have cameras in the locker room now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                                You're right Rob, they should have just let the thing run its course and die a natural death instead of stoking the fire. These network idiots will probably have cameras in the locker room now.
                                Exactly so we wont get back to football and a lot of people will choose sides for a situation that didn't have to happen!

Comment

Working...
                                X