OT: Reggie Bush -- Wow, what a tremendous human being

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OT: Reggie Bush -- Wow, what a tremendous human being

I keep hearing about all of the things that Bush has been doing for New Orleans, and I just saw a story on ESPN this morning. Talk about stepping up to the plate and giving not only money, but his time as well. Lots of athletes give money - and that's tremendous - but giving oneself on top of it is just tremenous. Especially in a place that's still a disaster area. Looks like he's been quite a shot in the arm for the people of that area.

Re: OT: Reggie Bush -- Wow, what a tremendous human being

Originally posted by YourPalChrisMal
    I keep hearing about all of the things that Bush has been doing for New Orleans, and I just saw a story on ESPN this morning. Talk about stepping up to the plate and giving not only money, but his time as well. Lots of athletes give money - and that's tremendous - but giving oneself on top of it is just tremenous. Especially in a place that's still a disaster area. Looks like he's been quite a shot in the arm for the people of that area.
    It's always reassuring to see that there are pro athletes that are not selfish children. There are a lot who "give back". Some quietly...some with at least half a thought to good PR. But that's OK too.

Whenever, I see a pro athlete or wealthy celebrity who really "walks the walk", I think of Roberto Clemente. I hated him as a Pirate, because he used to kill the Phillies...but what a man.

Comment

I will add to Warrick Dunn to the list of athletes I root against but respect the hell out of.

Glad to see Reggie Bush stepping up too.

Comment

I've spent time with Warrick (he loves to play spades). Anyway, he's really a good person who does a lot for the community (espically single moms).
        The Shack - Santa Monica, CA - LA's Home for Philadelphia Eagles Football

Comment

Chris do you have a link to a specific article? Maybe it's a sign of the negative press or maybe it's just the nega-delphian in me but I read the title of the thread and thought- "What did the idiot do now?" Glad to hear he is stepping up and beig a role model.
          Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
          Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin
            Chris do you have a link to a specific article? Maybe it's a sign of the negative press or maybe it's just the nega-delphian in me but I read the title of the thread and thought- "What did the idiot do now?" Glad to hear he is stepping up and beig a role model.
            No...ESPN did a lengthy story on him early this morning. I came away geniunely impressed with his character. Granted, it's easy to get fooled by a 15 minute piece, but it seemed from the story that he has seriously opened up his wallet and given up a lot of time which he didn't have to give to New Orleans over the past 6 months.

Comment

Working...
            X