No announcement yet.

Official Eagles/Niners GDT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the record, I called a 1 point win, because that's all I really care about. A win is a win.

I just don't like what I have seen, in back to back weeks, where we look like a different team in the second half vs the first. Last week when we needed to flip teh switch and turn it back on, we couldn't. This week, at least we flickered in the second half.
    http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• [quote="BuddyRyansBroncoThe final score was 14x's more than your prediction for point diff. I think our play in a tight game will be much different although I don't think we will see that too much.[/quote]

even so, when it was 24-3 shouldn't we all expect better?

Comment

• Well, I am not saying that today's game was perfect.

But the Eagles clearly had control. The only time I got doubts was when the Niners scored the 31-17, and wasn't sure how the offense would react.

Three plays later, order is restored, the momentum shifts back and we are playing with a 3TD lead until the last seconds.

Heck, if there's one thing I would be worried is that our offense should have actually scored at least 14 points more. Ackers first FG should have been a TD, and Reggie should have caught that pass.

Anyhow. Time to relax and enjoy a nice evening.

Later fellas!
        "You will dress only in attire specially sanctioned by P.E. special services… You are no longer part of the system. You are above the system, over it, beyond it. We're "them." We're "they." We are the Men in Green."

Comment

• The only thing srewing with my head right now is, after hearing all of the lip service about how if you get a team down, "We're gonna steop on thier throat"....and then to suffer thru that 3rd quarter today. That was vomit inducing. Dumb penalties, missed assignments, and a general lackluster performance was something I didn't expect to see anfter teh Gints debacle.

I'll take this win, and look forward to crushing God next week. No way Favre avoids our pass rush as well as Smith did.
          http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

• DMac watch:
            Tied for lead in NFL passing TD's
            2nd in NFL passing yards
            2nd in NFC in passer rating, 5th in NFL
            1 INT in 3 games

E-A-G-L-E-S
            EAGLES!!!!!
            "Philly fans are great....It's the only place where you pull up on the bus and you've got the grandfather, the grandmother, the kids and the grandkids - everybody flicking you off. At other stadiums, they give you the thumbs-down. Here, they give you the middle finger.”
            — Michael Strahan

"No one likes us, no one likes us, no one likes us, we don’t care, we’re from Philly, F—-ing Philly, No one likes us, we don’t care!”
            - Jason Kelce with the best championship speech ever

Comment

• i think some of youse are taking this too far, and that's saying something for a guy that worries like me.

last week, they got off to a big lead and blew it.
              this week, they got a big lead and held it.

as far as i'm concerned, that's progress. don't forget last year, when they were falling behing 21-0 in the second quarter every week, it seemed.
              Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• That's fine LT, but you also have to consider the quality of our competition. Our schedule is not going to get any easier, and our injuries are starting to mount. We gotta "make hay while the sun shines". We hould be 3-0 right now dammit. we are playing teams we are FAR superior to. The reason we are getting these leads, is because we ARE that much better than teams like the 9ers.

We're that much better than the Packers, too. But before we get any deeper into our schedule, better learn not to take quarters off.

Comment

• Good win - good overall day.

D needs to learn to get off the field at times, but it was a nice rebound and statement game.

I'll take it!

I'm just still pissed at last weeks game-- can you imagine the position, the cat birds seat, the drivers seat that we would now command in this division if we had just 1 of those 8 things that went wrong go right instead of wrong last week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn!!!!!!!!

Comment

• What's good to know is that the Giants are not a good team. They might have beaten us last week but that's about as flukey as you get.

Comment

• Hey, it could be worse. We could be the 9ers, who not only lost today, but lost their starting RB AND TE. (Think LJ and Westy to put that into perpective).

Damn, how did they move the ball on us? Props to Alex Smith. He might just develop into a decnet QB one day. Too bad for him he's stuck on a sorry assed team.

Comment

• Originally posted by FRESH
                        That's fine LT, but you also have to consider the quality of our competition. Our schedule is not going to get any easier, and our injuries are starting to mount. We gotta "make hay while the sun shines". We hould be 3-0 right now dammit. we are playing teams we are FAR superior to. The reason we are getting these leads, is because we ARE that much better than teams like the 9ers.

We're that much better than the Packers, too. But before we get any deeper into our schedule, better learn not to take quarters off.

I remain hopeful that the injuries to the secondary will heal up by the time they get into the meat of the schedule. if that happens, i'm not concerned about today.

yeah, they should be 3-0, but they're 2-1 and i have every confidence they will be 3-1 next week, given how the offense is clicking. other than the kearse injury, they are in OK shape. i'm going to switch over to half-full, for the time being.
                        Don't kid yourself Jimmy. If a cow ever got the chance, he'd kill you and everyone you cared about!

Comment

• No team can play balls to the wall for all 4 quarters. Eventually the team will wear out. Just like what happened last week.

Today's game was never really in doubt. Even when it was 31-17 I thought we would win. We are not going to roll through everybody. Teams are not just going to give up because the Eagles have the lead. These guy are professionals and I think the Niners are a decent team anyway. Well maybe not anymore with Gore and Davis gone.

IMO the hard part of our schedule is really not going to be that hard. Indy, Jax, and the Boys game late in the season will be the hardest. The rest are games the Iggs should/will win. We just need to get healed up. Of course this could all change with more injuries either way.
                          FRESH > cancer

I hate everything the Cowboys stand for. If you think they are America's team, then you support everything that is wrong with America. The excess, the greed, the lack of maturity, the lack of responsibility, the lack of control. - Luzinski's Gut

Comment

Working...
                          X