On The Record

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On The Record

I do NOT want to see the Eagles make the playoffs this season. They are a bad team with poor coaching and they need an overhaul to be competitive for the long term. They can still win the division, but in Lurie’s words, that would be fools gold and simply blur what should be crystal clear: we are not good enough to compete against the leagues better teams. Sometimes you need to tear down the weak structure and rebuild a stronger foundation. This is one of those times and one of those teams.
    Official Driver of the Eagles Bandwagon!!!
    Bleedin' Green since birth!

"Do not regret growing older. It is a privilege denied to many." - Mike Willey

”Enjoy The Ride!!!” - Bob Marcus

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
    I do NOT want to see the Eagles make the playoffs this season. They are a bad team with poor coaching and they need an overhaul to be competitive for the long term. They can still win the division, but in Lurie’s words, that would be fools gold and simply blur what should be crystal clear: we are not good enough to compete against the leagues better teams. Sometimes you need to tear down the weak structure and rebuild a stronger foundation. This is one of those times and one of those teams.
    I do. Once you're in who knows what will happen? To make the playoffs we need to win five in a row. If we do that it means that we are pretty darned good. And don't forget that Jackson will be back next year. We lost to the top teams by a touchdown the last two games. If Wentz gets his head out of his ass we'll be fine.
    "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I'm sure a lot of people thought the same thing last year when we were 4-6 but we were a drop away from maybe being in another NFCCG against a team we had just beaten a month earlier.

If healthy, I believe we are a top team. Will we ever be healthy is the question.

Making the playoffs or not, if only the difference of picking 18 or 24 or something like that so why not get in and see what happens.

I really think it's more of a coaching/training staff issue than a talent issue. Not enough player development, lack of proper training, lack of offensive creativity, . . .
      Canada's #1 Eagles fan.

Comment

I would love to see us take the East, if we can get healthier. I am not expecting it though as the injury situation seems to get worse, not better.

I had given up on them just 2 years back when Wentz went down and Nick won the SB. So, I won't do that again. Plus, I don't want to see Dallas win the East again. If we are not winning the SB, knocking Jerry out of the playoffs is the next best thing for me.

Comment

I’m with you Juk.

I do not want fools gold.

I would have zero issue with some shocking losses to the Gnats and Dolphins to make the front office see we aren’t as close as we thought.
          You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

I don't think the team lacks talent. They lack health. And, they have for the last two seasons. Yesterday, they were down to Pryor on the O line, and they had all three of their starting WRs out. The Cowboys had 2 O linemen out, and they couldn't beat the Jets. The Eagles generally do an OK job of next man up, but c'mon. It's real hard to beat a club like Seattle with 5 starters out on offense.

Comment

As down on this team as I am--- I stilll want the division title! And as some have said to get in we have to play very well for the remainder of the season and my philosophy has ALWAYS been -- get in and you never know what can happen. Get healthy at the right time and who knows, maybe we could get in and win a game or 2.

And the draft position isn't going to be THAT big a difference!!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
                As down on this team as I am--- I stilll want the division title! And as some have said to get in we have to play very well for the remainder of the season and my philosophy has ALWAYS been -- get in and you never know what can happen. Get healthy at the right time and who knows, maybe we could get in and win a game or 2.

And the draft position isn't going to be THAT big a difference!!
                Same here!

Plus I want to knock out the Cowboys!

Comment

I understand the sentiment Juk and I have to believe our season is shot now but I can never wish to not win a game or the division or whatever. I just don't want to see the cowgirls walking around claiming to be div champions.
                  But I do believe there is a need for a hard look at the coaching staff, from Doug on down
                  Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                  Hope is not a strategy
                  RIP

Comment

...must crush the Cowboys...

Comment

I can’t lie. I still want to get in. I want to destroy a Cowboys team that is so overrated on the road.

However, I am also prepared mentally that health and depth may not give us that opportunity. We should at least win 4 of the last 5. But would I be shocked if this mixed up offense dropped one to the Giants or laid an egg in Miami?

Who knows. It’s very hard to get a read in this team

Comment

Bump! We just got our asses beat by a team that 12 hours ago, 99% of the NFL would have considered THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!! WTF happened to this team? WFT happened to the coaches? I said it last week and I'll say it again this week, we are NOT a good team and can’t compete against quality teams. We need to tear this mess down and start over and if by some miracle they make the playoffs it would simply be lipstick on a pig. If today didn’t get the message through to Howie and Jeff then I don’t know what will. And if Doug cuts another player this week, which he tends to do after a bad loss and which strikes me as using players who under perform as a scapegoat for bad coaching - if it happens again I will be on the fire Doug bandwagon. There is no way the consistent underperformance we have seen week to week all season long from this team can be blamed on anyone other than the coaches. Fuck the injury excuse; we won a super bowl with critical injuries at MANY key positions. Fuck the “lack of talent” excuse; many of the same players were on that super bowl team. This comes down to heart, desire and coaching and after today’s fiasco it is abundantly clear that we are lacking all three.

Comment

Bump! We just got our asses beat by a team that 12 hours ago, 99% of the NFL would have considered THE WORST TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!! WTF happened to this team? WFT happened to the coaches? I said it last week and I'll say it again this week, we are NOT a good team and can’t compete against quality teams. We need to tear this mess down and start over and if by some miracle they make the playoffs it would simply be lipstick on a pig. If today didn’t get the message through to Howie and Jeff then I don’t know what will. And if Doug cuts another player this week, which he tends to do after a bad loss and which strikes me as using players who under perform as a scapegoat for bad coaching - if it happens again I will be on the fire Doug bandwagon. There is no way the consistent underperformance we have seen week to week all season long from this team can be blamed on anyone other than the coaches. Fuck the injury excuse; we won a super bowl with critical injuries at MANY key positions. Fuck the “lack of talent” excuse; many of the same players were on that super bowl team. This comes down to heart, desire and coaching and after today’s fiasco it is abundantly clear that we are lacking all three.

Comment

Originally posted by Jukin View Post
                            Two major things that I've noticed Juk. One is that Wentz is just not the same player that he was before the knee and back injuries. 2) Whatever our passing plays are they just don't get anyone open. It's time to go out of the organization for our assistants.
                            "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Simple answer to the questions two years ago Zach Ertz catches both of those passes for TD and we win the game 45-37. Bradham catches that INT etc. It’s not just Ertz and Bradham but this teams playmakers no longer make plays. They are living off two years ago and it shows. You win a Super Bowl you have to work even harder to win the next one. You all can Blame Wentz but I think the blames lies throughout this organization players, coaches front office and even Lurie. They need to work harder and if that means making the tough decisions you need to fire players, coaches front office guys training staff them so be it. Right now they are playing like there record says 5-7. I think they will lose to the Giants on Monday night. In fact I believe they are much for apt to lose out than win out at this point.
                              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Working...
                              X