No announcement yet.

Herremans' challenge: Switching to guard

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Young's loyalty will pay off when he finally realizes his lifelong dream of passing Trey Darilek on the depth chart. Heck, with a couple of lucky breaks, he could even make the field goal unit.

Comment

Says he a Reid agreed he wasn't ready to start, doesn't indicate that the Jets said word one about starting.

I'm sure it's just more poor writing/reporting, sorta contradicticts himself in the same article. Maybe he's just making shit up as he goes.......

And IMK, I'm not to sure Reid doesn't value that kinda loyalty to some degree.... it might just help him down the road.

BTW-- when he was drafted I thought this guy was gonna be a solid starter in 2 years.... maybe even the new center.... what happened, if anything.

Is he not as good as we thought or is this OL just that damn good?

Comment

And as I said, who was even remembering this guy as a member of our OL group? Seriously, we have a lot of talent to sort thru and some tough decisions ahead. I think it's great. The only thing that bugs me is the niggling doubt in the back of my mind that Reid will forget all of the maulers he has along the front line and that he gets pass happy again. And I want this group, many whom are new or in new positions, to get a lot, LOT LOOOOTTTTT of practice at runblocking this offseason!
        http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

"Is he not as good as we thought or is this OL just that damn good? "

- Well I didn't think the OL was any good last year. If anything I thought our O-Line was awful early in the season and throughout.

Hopefully its new and improved this year...man I wish Bentley was signed...
          Carson Wentz ERA

NFC East Titles:
          Playoff Appearances:
          NFC Title Games:
          Super Bowl Titles:

Comment

Originally posted by FRESH
            And as I said, who was even remembering this guy as a member of our OL group? Seriously, we have a lot of talent to sort thru and some tough decisions ahead. I think it's great. The only thing that bugs me is the niggling doubt in the back of my mind that Reid will forget all of the maulers he has along the front line and that he gets pass happy again. And I want this group, many whom are new or in new positions, to get a lot, LOT LOOOOTTTTT of practice at runblocking this offseason!
            Oh Ye of Little Faith! If you doubt The Word from Big Red, then you shall receive appropriate punishment. You (and we might add Big Philly too) will be tied to a blocking sled and Justice, Mad Max, Mighty Scott Young, Bonecrusher Clarke, Runyon, Andrews, Jackson, Herremans et al will be forced to Hegaminize you. Then your cup will RUNneth over! :P

Comment

Awful might be a strong word for it. The starters underachieved early on, but then the injuries set in, and I thought the reserves played pretty well. I think it was actually a credit to the coaching staff that the O-line didn't completely tank. Look at Dallas. They lost Flozell, and their entire O went in the tank.

But, they have to play better than they were playing last season. It's about time "William" and Andrews got their freakin fat A$$es under control. They really need to step up to their potential. "William" has been up and down like a yo-yo performance wise, over his career. These two can be beasts, if they play like they're capable.

I think Herremans is going to be fine.

Definitely would have been nice to have LeCharles anchoring that middle. Gotta agree on that.

Hopefully, one of these guys will step up, and give us a competent center.

We've got a good group of players, and they are well coached. If they handle their end of the deal, get into proper condition to maximize their abilities, and stay focused, we will be fine there.

Comment

OH GOODY!!!!!!!!
                http://shop.cafepress.com/content/global/img/spacer.gifOK, let's try this again...

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath
                  Awful might be a strong word for it. The starters underachieved early on, but then the injuries set in, and I thought the reserves played pretty well. I think it was actually a credit to the coaching staff that the O-line didn't completely tank. Look at Dallas. They lost Flozell, and their entire O went in the tank.

But, they have to play better than they were playing last season. It's about time "William" and Andrews got their freakin fat A$$es under control. They really need to step up to their potential. "William" has been up and down like a yo-yo performance wise, over his career. These two can be beasts, if they play like they're capable.

I think Herremans is going to be fine.

Definitely would have been nice to have LeCharles anchoring that middle. Gotta agree on that.

Hopefully, one of these guys will step up, and give us a competent center.

We've got a good group of players, and they are well coached. If they handle their end of the deal, get into proper condition to maximize their abilities, and stay focused, we will be fine there.
                  You're right awful is too strong an expression. All things considered I thought Herremans, Clarke and Jackson were a nice upgrade over Thomas, Hicks and Fraley. Now if Thomas is finally healthy again (back and heart problems) all the better. With Justice, Mad Max, Young, Clarke and Herremans available there is a lot of room to manouver with our choices. The one item I would disagree with is "Fat*ss" Andrews. All he did last year (really just a rookie year for him, was make pro-bowl alternate. Now he has already dropped 35 lbs and sounds like he has his sh*t together. Instead of very good, he could become a monster at RG. He is the anchor of this line for the next 5+ years.

Comment

Dutch, I'm not really knocking his level of play last year, but even he admitted himself that his conditioning was poor last year. Very poor. He couldn't hardly get down field and block.

His friend dying was a major wakeup call, and at 355, he's only 10 pounds over his freshman playing weight in college.

He will be an entirely different player at that weight. He could be special at a lower weight like that. And, now it looks like we're gonna find out.

Comment

Stop now because you are setting yourself up for dissappointment if you think there is going to be some major change in the ratio or a great increase in running plays....

These guys are huge so they can improve not only the running game, but protect McNabb in the pocket...for the passing game...it will still be 60/40 or 55/45 at the most balanced IMO...
                      Eliminate distractions, create energy, fear nothing, and attack everything.

-Andy Reid

Comment

Originally posted by Vote for Kalas
                        Stop now because you are setting yourself up for dissappointment if you think there is going to be some major change in the ratio or a great increase in running plays....

These guys are huge so they can improve not only the running game, but protect McNabb in the pocket...for the passing game...it will still be 60/40 or 55/45 at the most balanced IMO...
                        I agree with VFK,, what Reid means whne he sez more balance is getting back to previous years and away from last year.

If we see 58/42 we will be lucky.

Comment

I'm fine with that ratio, if we get it. What's more important is running early in the game and establishing that as a legit threat. Takes 2 things, discipline and Iverson's favorite: PRACTICE.

Comment

I'm fine with that ratio, if we get it. What's more important is running early in the game and establishing that as a legit threat. Takes 2 things, discipline and Iverson's favorite: PRACTICE.
                            I think Mcnabb needs to run early--- that sets the D up.

And of course running early allows the play fakes to work a bit and #5 gets another 10th or 2 10th's more to look and throw.

Comment

Could Young actually be good enough to battle with this talented young group of guards? I'll tell you, if these guys turn out to be all that, we are going to have some good trade bait. And injuries and a retirement to our tackles in a year or two will be no big deal considering that two or three of the guards were tackles and we have Justice in waiting.

Our backup lineup is going to be: Justice, Jean-Gilles, Jackson, Young and Herremans.

The future looks like: Justice, Jean-Gilles, Young/Jackson, Andrews, Herremans.

What a foundation when you figure we have Westy, McNabb, Moats, and Brown for four years. Tie up LJ and get Avant to be a surprise stud and this Offense will kick butt for years.

Then llok at the age fo the Defensive line and corners. Only Dawkins and Trotter have to be replaced in a couple years. And Akers is here for some time too. That's not too bad for a foundation.
                              Pedro

Comment

Working...
                              X