Wentz news----

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
    It wasn’t Wentz’ surgeon. And the site 12up is the one who “broke” this news. To say 12up sucks and doing an injustice to sucking.
    Just to clarify Ross, I was under the impression that the surgeon spoke on WIP! And that this was a quote. Maybe I'm wrong though. Wouldn't be the first nor the last I guess.

Comment

They need to be careful and err on the side of caution. Wentz is not RGIII, obviously, but RGIII is a shining example of what happens when you mishandle a serious injury. There's no reason to rush things.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
        They need to be careful and err on the side of caution. Wentz is not RGIII, obviously, but RGIII is a shining example of what happens when you mishandle a serious injury. There's no reason to rush things.
        BINGO!! Protect him from himself and slow him down.
        "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

I agree on taking it slow with Wentz. The Kid is really special & will bust his ass in rehab to be ready for week #1. That said, I would absolutely hang onto Foles for 2018.
          Just give me ONE before I go!

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
            Just to clarify Ross, I was under the impression that the surgeon spoke on WIP! And that this was a quote. Maybe I'm wrong though. Wouldn't be the first nor the last I guess.
            It was not Wentz’ surgeon. It was another doctor who actually knows nothing about Wentz. And I believe I read that he (not Wentz Doctor) was interviewed on WIP.

Comment

Yes, I agree with all that. I was responding to this " And the site 12up is the one who “broke” this news. To say 12up sucks and doing an injustice to sucking."

Maybe I just didn't/don't understand what 12up is?

Comment

Yes, I agree with all that. I was responding to this " And the site 12up is the one who “broke” this news. To say 12up sucks and doing an injustice to sucking."

Maybe I just didn't/don't understand what 12up is?
                TMZ of the sports world.

Comment

Originally posted by Rossovich View Post
                  TMZ of the sports world.
                  LOL! Still not sure what it is..... Where do I find it?

Comment

LOL! Still not sure what it is..... Where do I find it?
                    I see it on Facebook. Eagles 24/7 likes to use them.

http://www.12up.com/
                    Last edited by Rossovich; 02-23-2018, 06:50 AM.

Comment

What amazes me about this injury is that it looked harmless when it happened. Most of the time you see the injury and know it is bad. Wentz's injury looked like maybe a bruise and nothing else.

What makes Wentz special is his mobility (and leadership of course). To be honest, Foles may be more accurate overall. Nick is definitely more accurate on the short passes. We need Carson to be mobile. That is what makes him dangerous.

Anyway, this was the worst, weakest looking injury I may have seen in the NFL. I was stunned when the news kept getting worse.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                        What amazes me about this injury is that it looked harmless when it happened. Most of the time you see the injury and know it is bad. Wentz's injury looked like maybe a bruise and nothing else.

What makes Wentz special is his mobility (and leadership of course). To be honest, Foles may be more accurate overall. Nick is definitely more accurate on the short passes. We need Carson to be mobile. That is what makes him dangerous.

Anyway, this was the worst, weakest looking injury I may have seen in the NFL. I was stunned when the news kept getting worse.

When I read ACL my first thought was it’s someone’s idea of a joke.

Comment

Carson has shown ability to do it all. But I'd rather he not be a running QB; let someone else run 20 yards. What he needs to regain is escabability (if that is a word). The best QBs aren't runners they are guys who can feel pressure, move a little, and run only when they see daylight. When that daylight darkens he needs to learn to get down.
                          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
                          Hope is not a strategy
                          RIP

Comment

I want my QB to be effectively mobile in the pocket. I need Alex Smith or Aaron Rodgers. I don’t need Cam Newton or Tyrod Taylor. That’s what I hope Carson becomes.
                            You know Darren if you'd have told me 10 years ago that someday I was going to solve the world's energy problems I'd have said your crazy.... now lets drop this big ball of oil out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by Pliny View Post
                              It didn't look like all that much when they first replayed it. But when watched carefully in slow motion you can see some violent movement of the lower legs. To me there were three important points of impact.

1) Just as Fox (#97) hits him in the back/shoulders forcing Wentz body in one direction, Barron (#26) hits Wentz' directly 2) above the knees moving in the opposite direction. The Barron hit was bad enough but just as Wentz legs are moving to the left from the impact of Barron's hit, Fox's upper right leg and hip then 3) slam into Wentz' lower legs from the left jacking them back violently to the right. The term "rag doll" captures for me the apparent movement of both of Carson's lower legs after that 3rd impact from Fox.

You can't blow this clip up to full screen here on EFO, but if you go to Youtube and play it Full Screen, I think you get a better sense of just how horrific that 3rd impact was on Wentz' knees.
                              Last edited by tinopuno; 02-23-2018, 01:09 PM.

Comment

When they showed the replay you could see the leg going in 2 directions. Then you knew it was bad. When I read he did it before the contact I knew it was ACL because they are almost never torn on contact, they just go on thier own. I was happy when they say it was just ACL but now with ligament damage I'm thinking that it's close to total knee construction. Yikes! It's going to be a while.

Pliny, I was thinking the same thing about Nick's accuracy but I'm not convinced. He was so friekin hot in that game that nobody was going to beat him that day including Brady and Rogers. That kind of stuff happens with decent QBs at times. They just get red hot. I still think that Carson is the better and more accurate passer on a consistent basis.
                                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Working...
                                X