Eagles trade Torrey Smith to Carolina

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eagles trade Torrey Smith to Carolina

Getting young corner Daryl Worley back. Interesting note on Worley he graded out as the best corner against the double move in football.

Oh All hail Howie. He got something for a guy he was gonna have to cut
    Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

This is a masterpiece... Some real value for something that we were going to release and get 0 for and the whole world knew it.

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
      Getting young corner Daryl Worley back. Interesting note on Worley he graded out as the best corner against the double move in football.

Oh All hail Howie. He got something for a guy he was gonna have to cut

...and he’s from Philadelphia too, fwiw. Roseman is quite good at this trade thing,

Comment

Originally posted by MDFAN View Post
        This is a masterpiece... Some real value for something that we were going to release and get 0 for and the whole world knew it.
        I keep thinking that at some point teams are going to smarten up and stop giving us trades that grossly in our favor......and then another one happens.

Howie is just in the GM zone.

Thanks Chip for giving Howie the motivation to up his game.

Comment

Kind of amazing. I guess there is truth to the theory there is always a buyer for what your are selling. Just gotta find the right buyer. Well done Howie
          Wait until next year is a terrible philosophy
          Hope is not a strategy
          RIP

Comment

Worley is a big corner who ran a 4.64 40 at the combine a couple years ago. Wonder if the Birds see him as a safety.
            Russian reporters to Bobby Clarke: Can you imagine hockey without fights?
            Robert Earle Clarke's response: Can you imagine vodka without alcohol?

Comment

Originally posted by flyered View Post
              Worley is a big corner who ran a 4.64 40 at the combine a couple years ago. Wonder if the Birds see him as a safety.
              He ran better at his pro day, I think it was 4.55. I don't think they move him to safety. I think this is simply a player they liked two years ago in the draft. He has started in the past, They had a chance to get him for a player they were going to cut.
              Were from Philly F in Philly no one likes us we DON'T CARE!

Comment

Originally posted by taz View Post
                He ran better at his pro day, I think it was 4.55. I don't think they move him to safety. I think this is simply a player they liked two years ago in the draft. He has started in the past, They had a chance to get him for a player they were going to cut.
                We got DBs all over the place now and they're trying to resign Robinson. Crazy stuff is going on. When Howie gets on a roll there's no stopping him. We just have to sit back and let the smoke clear and see what's left I guess.
                "Hey Giants, who's your Daddy?"

Comment

Originally posted by Eagle60 View Post
                  We got DBs all over the place now and they're trying to resign Robinson. Crazy stuff is going on. When Howie gets on a roll there's no stopping him. We just have to sit back and let the smoke clear and see what's left I guess.
                  I've got a feeling that they felt out Robinson, and he wants too much money. They also know that Darby has one year left on his deal, and he's going to want a huge deal. My guess is Robinson leaves via free agency, and they make a serious effort to trade Darby.

Worley has a couple years left on his rookie deal, so he comes pretty cheap. I'm kinda surprised Howie could pull this off.

All hail Howie.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                    I've got a feeling that they felt out Robinson, and he wants too much money. They also know that Darby has one year left on his deal, and he's going to want a huge deal. My guess is Robinson leaves via free agency, and they make a serious effort to trade Darby.

Worley has a couple years left on his rookie deal, so he comes pretty cheap. I'm kinda surprised Howie could pull this off.

All hail Howie.
                    You guys must know more about this kid than I do. To me all this did was cost us some cap money and somebody else's head. Probably Kendrick's.

Comment

You guys must know more about this kid than I do. To me all this did was cost us some cap money and somebody else's head. Probably Kendrick's.
                      I don’t believe we will move Kendrick. I agree with a DB being traded. Maybe Robinson is too costly, he’s a FA. I’m thinking they may pull the trigger on Darby. I’m thinking they pull a two or three for Curry and probably similar for Darby. Maybe I’m overly optimistic.

Comment

Popper, the point is that he's going to cost significantly less cap money than Robinson, and with the other guys they have, makes Darby and his upcoming salary demands expendable. At least that's my take on what this means.

Comment

Originally posted by Eaglebreath View Post
                          Popper, the point is that he's going to cost significantly less cap money than Robinson, and with the other guys they have, makes Darby and his upcoming salary demands expendable. At least that's my take on what this means.
                          If that's the case then I get it. I was reading on another board that trades don't count towards the cap which makes no sense to me but I went with it. I'm still pissed off guys are going.
                          Last edited by Eagle60; 03-10-2018, 06:24 PM.

Comment

I had no internet at my cabin. My son called and told me of the trade, my exact words to him "Darby is gone "
                            We're looking for people that are fundamentally different,” vice president of player personnel Andy Weidl said Saturday night. “The love and passion for football, it's non-negotiable. They're caring, their character, they do the right thing persistently, and they have a relentless playing style that you can see on tape. The motor, it burns hot. You see them finishing plays. They have a team-first mentality. They're selfless individuals.

Comment

Working...
                            X